Page 102 of 176 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Play PC, then you'll understand where things can go. The graphics of current gen consoles are attrocious in comparison. Particularly where AA and framerate are concerned. But model quality can be greatly improved as well as textures.
    No thanks. I'd rather not spend $2000+ on a system for it to go obsolete in three months.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

But you pay $300+ for one that's obsolete the second you buy it.

Not to mention that PCs are up-gradable.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather not spend $2000+ on a system for it to go obsolete in three months.

woot21 out dawgs
    If you spend 2 grand on a computer you'll be set for a few years. 1 grand will set you up for at least two years before maybe you notice some issues trying to play the one game that's striving to be the next Crysis. 500 or so will set you up with a rig that will outperform consoles for the console's entire lifespan. Consoles are that bad.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If you spend 2 grand on a computer you'll be set for a few years. 1 grand will set you up for at least two years before maybe you notice some issues trying to play the one game that's striving to be the next Crysis. 500 or so will set you up with a rig that will outperform consoles for the console's entire lifespan. Consoles are that bad.
    Going to end this after this comment, since I don't want to start a console vs PC war in this thread, but to me at least, consoles have a better selection of games for the most part.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Going to end this after this comment, since I don't want to start a console vs PC war in this thread, but to me at least, consoles have a better selection of games for the most part.

woot21 out dawgs
    And I'll agree with you there. I brought it up mostly to illustrate that true next-gen consoles can very much be an improvement over the current.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I am considering get the wii u. Is it worth the money??
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    That's going to vary from person to person.

Look at the Wii U's current games, what the Wii U can do, and what games are coming out within the year. If they strike your fancy and you can afford it, sure.
    If they don't, or it's nothing that you need RIGHT NOW, then save your money for later.

So does every game have a community on Miiverse? My friend keeps telling me they won't give one to Windwaker HD which I can't help but feel is a big false lie considering it is Zelda lol.

As for is it worth buying I think by the fall it would be better for most people to get since it will have more games. Hoping since GTA V was pushed back to the fall maybe we can get a port of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    So does every game have a community on Miiverse? My friend keeps telling me they won't give one to Windwaker HD which I can't help but feel is a big false lie considering it is Zelda lol.
    Yes, every game does. Also your friend is completely wrong, considering one of the things Nintendo specifically mentioned was that it would be getting Miiverse support.

The kid is probably referring to the fact that it doesn't have a community yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    Not so much right now but it could be in the long-run. If you really want it, I would start saving some money now and wait for there to be a larger and stronger library of games (and possibly even a price drop).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Not so much right now but it could be in the long-run. If you really want it, I would start saving some money now and wait for there to be a larger and stronger library of games (and possibly even a price drop).
    Agreed. That way, you can go either way. If it turns out to have some good games, then go right ahead and enjoy. If not, then you can use the money for other systems and stuff.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

My brother was playing Scribblenauts Unlimited today, he let me play and I fooled around with the Nintendo stuff. I decided to type in "WEEGEE" and something did appear...

My brother was playing Scribblenauts Unlimited today, he let me play and I fooled around with the Nintendo stuff. I decided to type in "WEEGEE" and something did appear...
    Was it Luigi?

Was it Luigi?
    No, it was an ordinary plumber with brown hair, a green hat and shirt, and blue overalls.

No, it was an ordinary plumber with brown hair, a green hat and shirt, and blue overalls.
    Did he have a stare that pierces your soul?

woot21 out dawgs

woot21 out dawgs
    Nope, normal Scribblenauts NPC face. The fact that it came up though...

woot21 out dawgs
    Nope, normal Scribblenauts NPC face. The fact that it came up though...
    Kinda glad about that, actually.

I'm still not sure if I want to get a WiiU. None of the games so far really interest me except for maybe Nintendo Land. The games announced at Nintendo Direct I'm assuming are gonna be the only major games that will be coming out for the rest of the year and none of those really interest me either.

That's a poor assumption, at best. But that's okay. We're not here to convince you one way or another. Buy one or don't. Life goes on.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 6th February 2013 at 9:15 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm confused. Why would you buy a Nintendo console, if not a single one of Nintendo's main titles interest you?

woot21 out dawgs

I'm really hoping the delay for GTA 5 might mean Rockstar may do a version for Wii U that could end up being ready by the regular launch (September)

I'm confused. Why would you buy a Nintendo console, if not a single one of Nintendo's main titles interest you?

woot21 out dawgs
    Nintendo's main console interests me, like new Zelda and Mario games. But we've only gotten word they are in development, not an announcement. I don't really care for Yoshi's Epic Yarn or WWHD (since I have WW)

woot21 out dawgs
    3rd party games?

I don't blame him though, Nintendo isn't exactly being innovative with their 1st party titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    I'm really hoping the delay for GTA 5 might mean Rockstar may do a version for Wii U that could end up being ready by the regular launch (September)
    I doubt that was the reason why Grand Thief Auto 5 got delayed, beside Lego City looks to be a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smoke Monster View Post
    Nintendo's main console interests me, like new Zelda and Mario games. But we've only gotten word they are in development, not an announcement. I don't really care for Yoshi's Epic Yarn or WWHD (since I have WW)
    Then your choices are either wait until you get more information or when the game is released and then a Wii U, buy a Wii U now or don't buy a Wii U. Just chose as option and boom your problem is solved.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 102 of 176 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast