Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    They've already announced Mario Kart U.
    Oh right. My memory has temporary lapses at times. Guess the mind really is the first to go!

In any event, there is one surprise I've been hoping for... a new console Pokemon game. Preferably more akin to Stadium/Stadium 2 or Colosseum/XD, and NOT like Battle Revolution. I would flip out if they announced they had plans to do one... though I'm not holding my breath, I'd anticipate them waiting until X and Y are more established first.

Though I'm also curious if we might see titles from some of the other games features in Nintendo Land; i.e., F-Zero or Takamaru. Unlikely as it is, it would be a nice surprise.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    I wouldn't like that, just because no one else they could dig up would come close to Retro's handling.
    You never know. They could have Retro do it again, though. Especially after the mediocrity of Other M.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Smash bros will almost definitely be announced at this year's E3 (I think it was confirmed somewhere? not sure). I also hope we get more WiiU games announced for this year. So far there really isn't any. I highly doubt we'll get a 3D mario, zelda, or smash bros thos year. So I'm honesty out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Smash bros will almost definitely be announced at this year's E3 (I think it was confirmed somewhere? not sure).
    It was announced already, so no, can't say it will be announced in the future. They said they were hoping to have a few screenshots at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    A new Metroid game is what I most want. Prime style, preferably.
    Personally I wouldn't mind another Metroid game in the style of Other M, just without the first person shooting section and get someone other than Sakamoto to write the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    In any event, there is one surprise I've been hoping for... a new console Pokemon game.
    Oh we will get one but not the ones you want.

Preferably more akin to Stadium/Stadium 2.
    No point since Pokémon X and Y has 3D battling and Wi-Fi battles, it would be pointless to create one for the home console.

Colosseum/XD,
    Won't happen, considering the game didn't sell well and that Game Freak prefer the main series being on the handheld.

Furthermore Pokémon Colosseum and XD was purposely missing some of the core features that that the main pokémon series had.

and NOT like Battle Revolution.
    Even though Battle Revolution was no different from Pokémon Stadium.

You never know. They could have Retro do it again, though. Especially after the mediocrity of Other M.
    As much I would like Retro work on a Metroid game. I would much rather prefer it if they try their hands on Nintendo's other IPs or actually create a new IP of their own.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    It was announced already, so no, can't say it will be announced in the future. They said they were hoping to have a few screenshots at E3.
    No they confirmed they were working on it, but we don't have a title or footage or anything.

That's like saying brawl was announced in 2005. No it was announced in E3 2006.

All right, just to make it clear, they've already announced that they'll be showcasing a new 3D Mario game, Mario Kart U, and SSB4 (and I think Zelda as well).

A new Metroid game is what I most want. Prime style, preferably.
    This. I absolutely loved the Metroid Prime trilogy, and I think that style is the way to go for console Metroid games. I couldn't really get into Other M because the 3D controls were too clunky.

In any event, there is one surprise I've been hoping for... a new console Pokemon game. Preferably more akin to Stadium/Stadium 2 or Colosseum/XD, and NOT like Battle Revolution. I would flip out if they announced they had plans to do one... though I'm not holding my breath, I'd anticipate them waiting until X and Y are more established first.
    Well we already have Rumble U announced, but yeah, I'd like that. I think they should wait a year on Pokemon spinoffs, though, give the Pokemon fanbase some time with XY first. As far as Wii U Pokemon games go, I'd like to see one or more of the following:

-3D Adventure game akin to Colosseum/XD.
    -Ranger U (think about it, the Gamepad could add a lot to the Ranger formula)
    -Mystery Dungeon U
    -A new spinoff series involving real time battling.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Won't happen, considering the game didn't sell well and that Game Freak prefer the main series being on the handheld.
    >Implying that Colosseum and XD are main series.

Furthermore Pokémon Colosseum and XD was purposely missing some of the core features that that the main pokémon series had.
    Did you maybe consider that's the reason why it didn't sell well. It's hard to enjoy having a limited amount of Pokemon throughout the game.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 1st March 2013 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This. I absolutely loved the Metroid Prime trilogy, and I think that style is the way to go for console Metroid games. I couldn't really get into Other M because the 3D controls were too clunky.
    It's not a terrible game, but it's not very good. Not to mention Team Ninja made Samus out to be a whiny ***** and I'm pretty sure that in order to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy you can't be a whiny *****. But the game itself is good enough, it was worth the ten dollars I paid. Doesn't at all measure up to the Prime trilogy, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Not to mention Team Ninja made Samus out to be a whiny *****
    Actually that was Yoshio Sakamoto fault. All Team Ninja did was the game play, which for most part did a pretty good job, despite the fact that Sakamoto force them to only use the Wiimote.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 1st March 2013 at 2:34 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Actually that was Yoshio Sakamoto fault. All Team Ninja did was the game play, which for most part did a pretty good job, despite the fact that Sakamoto force them to only use the Wiimote.
    Interesting. Maybe he always wanted her to be that way but couldn't do it in the earlier games he worked on. Regardless, Retro's Samus is much cooler.

Even though Battle Revolution was no different from Pokémon Stadium.
    On this point I'd disagree, Battle Revolution felt more... bare bones. Call me a sucker for gimmicks but I did like all the little things Stadium 2 had. Rentals, Trainer School, Mini-Games... But I digress, that's neither here nor there.

Interesting. Maybe he always wanted her to be that way but couldn't do it in the earlier games he worked on. Regardless, Retro's Samus is much cooler.
    I've always preferred Samus as a silent protagonist, but then again, it's mostly because sometimes a protagonist's personality can rub me the wrong way. I get what they were trying to do with Other M though, in that they were trying to give Samus more of a personality, and emphasize the human element of her character... but they laid it on way too thick. I mean, after all the stuff she'd have seen by that point, some of the additions to her personality just felt like they weren't in line with what people expected.

I don't hate Other M, but I'd say it's more show than substance. It looked REALLY good, and things like the Lethal Strikes were fun to watch. But other than that... it was just too linear, too short, and it didn't really have the freedom of exploration/collection that we've come to know and love.

So yeah, if they do another Metroid game, I'd love to see them go back to the basics, with a focus being on exploring a massive world. That would make my day.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

On this point I'd disagree, Battle Revolution felt more... bare bones. Call me a sucker for gimmicks but I did like all the little things Stadium 2 had. Rentals, Trainer School, Mini-Games... But I digress, that's neither here nor there.
    The main gameplay is still the same, though. Battle through tournaments until you beat the game.

And honestly, I hate them both because I don't think that should be the main point of any Pokemon game. Battles are important to the franchise, but they shouldn't take up 100% of the gameplay.

If they go with a Pokemon console, besides Rumble U, I'd love to see a sequel to Snap.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The main gameplay is still the same, though. Battle through tournaments until you beat the game.

And honestly, I hate them both because I don't think that should be the main point of any Pokemon game. Battles are important to the franchise, but they shouldn't take up 100% of the gameplay.
    I can respect that. It was largely the novelty of seeing the then flat, immobile 2D sprites as 3D models on a screen, which was kind of a big improvement considering the graphics of the GB/GBC at the time. Ah, Nostalgia. Regardless, that's just my opinion pertaining to console Pokemon games. I've no intention of pushing it further.

Either way, I am curious to see what type of spinoff games will eventually come to the Wii U (other than the already announced Rumble U, of course).

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    If they go with a Pokemon console, besides Rumble U, I'd love to see a sequel to Snap.
    I wouldn't mind that either, but given that it's been 14 years since Snap was released, and we've yet to see anything that suggests we might see another, I find myself wondering how plausible it would be.

I wouldn't mind that either, but given that it's been 14 years since Snap was released, and we've yet to see anything that suggests we might see another, I find myself wondering how plausible it would be.
    But the GamePad is perfect!!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    There's another neat idea.

Well last time I looked at the dialogue in Fusion and considered the fact that the only strong portrayal of personality we got were from the Prime series, I think everything easily falls into place.

I would really prefer another title like Other M as opposed to Prime (not that the Prime series is bad, just personal taste). It could work very well with all the face buttons for switching weapons and the Morph Ball, dual stick control for moving Samus and the courser around the environment, and the trigger buttons for jumping, shooting, locking on, and dodging. Ditch the linearity, I want to become confused and lost.

Okay, enough ranting. Back on topic that Nintendo has half the developer that Sony has to work on their systems worries me. I really hope this changes but I think third parties need to look past the gimmicks.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Okay, enough ranting. Back on topic that Nintendo has half the developer that Sony has to work on their systems worries me. I really hope this changes but I think third parties need to look past the gimmicks.
    Do people honestly still buy Nintendo consoles to play third party games?

I don't. That's the reason I even considered buying a 360 (because God knows their first party lineup is lacking in certain genres).

Sure, considering how some exclusives do exist. The Wii had some great things going for it, no matter how lackluster support was for it. Zak and Wiki, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, MonHon Tri, Both Umbrella Chronicles, Go Vacation, and so on. Of course this could also be because Capcom actually cared a little about the damn thing. Wii U's not going to be an exception it seems. Unless you're talking about multiplat games, then no that ship has sailed. Wii U having a lot of them does give us some hope though, I certainly skipped 5 games to buy them on it instead.
    BLAH

"Still" insists they have been throughout the Wii's lifespan. I would think it nearly impossible to be relevant in the industry having only played third party games on a Nintendo console. It's nice to have, but it's not what Nintendo's typically been known for. And when there is an exciting third party title exclusively on Nintendo consoles the developers get death threats.

Let's see which upcoming game I'm talking about there, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    "Still" insists they have been throughout the Wii's lifespan. I would think it nearly impossible to be relevant in the industry having only played third party games on a Nintendo console. It's nice to have, but it's not what Nintendo's typically been known for. And when there is an exciting third party title exclusively on Nintendo consoles the developers get death threats.

Let's see which upcoming game I'm talking about there, huh?
    I'm talking Nintendo consoles in general. Up to the N64, even the Gamecube, there was good third party support. But at this point I'm sure people should have realized that the most of the good third party games are released elsewhere.

Hi, I have a question about data usage.

Let's say I transfer my Wii data to my black 32 GB Wii U. Does the data from Wii take away from the 32 GB on Wii U? I assumed it did but then I started a save file for Mario Kart Wii and it didn't show up in the Wii U data storage, but it showed up in Wii Mode under the data storage in blocks.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot >_< I don't see how it wouldn't use the 32 GB, I just wanted to double check

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

It will take up space on your available memory - it has to go somewhere, yes?

The rub is that right now (and possibly, functionally, forever) most of the transferred Wii data is in a separate partition on the memory, largely unaccessible by the Wii U's utilities and functions, which is why your MKWii data doesn't appear in the Wii U's memory-management utility.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It will take up space on your available memory - it has to go somewhere, yes?

The rub is that right now (and possibly, functionally, forever) most of the transferred Wii data is in a separate partition on the memory, largely unaccessible by the Wii U's utilities and functions, which is why your MKWii data doesn't appear in the Wii U's memory-management utility.
    Thanks! I thought so. Looks like I'll be investing in some SD cards once the Virtual Console "officially" comes out

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast