Page 110 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Has anyone had issues with having their power supply powered hdds working?
    I got a 2 TB MyBook today (WDBACW0020HBK, one of the recommended ones), but the wii u doesn't seem to read it, regardless of which usb I use.

Looking around the only thing I can think of is to get a y cable, but every time I've seen it referenced it's been with other hdds of different brans, sizes or without the power supply.
    Are you using a Y cable, if not then that would be the root of your problem as your hard drive isn't getting enough power.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    It worries me that some people say that the Wii U will fail and Nintendo will become a Third Party company like Sega.
    Even if the Wii U fails it won't mean that Nintendo will go third party as they have billion of money in the bank and can take few hits as they go along. Furthermore Nintendo also make their money through software and other means.

People seem to forget that Sega going third party wasn't because the Dreamcast bomb in sales but rather that Sega had a string of console failure and was in financials debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    And that 3rd Party Games are aiming for PS3 & 360 than the Wii U. Why does this still worry me, does anyone know that the Wii U will be alright? And that the 3rd parties are taking their time to adapt to the new system
    The whole reason anyone would buy a Nintendo consoles is purely for the Nintendo games and not for the 3rd party games. Furthermore the Wii U is still in it launch period so it's far to early to be worried about the Wii U future until a year has passed.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Are you using a Y cable, if not then that would be the root of your problem as your hard drive isn't getting enough power.
    No, because so far as I can tell the Y Cable should only be needed for harddrives without a power source

No, because so far as I can tell the Y Cable should only be needed for harddrives without a power source
    That's correct. A Y cable will do nothing for you, that's the benefit to the 3.5" drives, they take all their power right from the socket and the USB cable is used strictly for data transfer. Try the drive in your computer and make sure it works, also try some other USB devices in the Wii U to make sure it's not the issue.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's correct. A Y cable will do nothing for you, that's the benefit to the 3.5" drives, they take all their power right from the socket and the USB cable is used strictly for data transfer. Try the drive in your computer and make sure it works, also try some other USB devices in the Wii U to make sure it's not the issue.
    I tried it with my computer & a laptop (several times each with different sockets) and it didn't register there either.
    As for it being a Wii U issue, that's another fear of mine, yeah. But I'm not really sure how to test that since the only things that would work for it would be other harddrives?

Another suggestion I've seen is to see if it reads it at all and try to format it on the computer from the BIOS screen so I guess I'll give that a go later.

I tried it with my computer & a laptop (several times each with different sockets) and it didn't register there either.
    As for it being a Wii U issue, that's another fear of mine, yeah. But I'm not really sure how to test that since the only things that would work for it would be other harddrives?

Another suggestion I've seen is to see if it reads it at all and try to format it on the computer from the BIOS screen so I guess I'll give that a go later.
    You can't format a drive using the BIOS. The BIOS is used only for starting the computer and managing the settings related to such. If you're drive isn't being detected in your operating system then it is defective. Either the drive, cable or enclosure. Returning it, or sending it out for warranty, are your next options.

Since you're not getting a connection out of a computer either, I wouldn't worry about your Wii U.

EDIT: Just thought of this, if it's one of the newer WD drives, make sure you're pressing the power button on the back after plugging it in. Sounds stupid, but it's something I've seen a lot of people miss.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 18th March 2013 at 5:00 AM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can't format a drive using the BIOS. The BIOS is used only for starting the computer and managing the settings related to such. If you're drive isn't being detected in your operating system then it is defective. Either the drive, cable or enclosure. Returning it, or sending it out for warranty, are your next options.

Since you're not getting a connection out of a computer either, I wouldn't worry about your Wii U.

EDIT: Just thought of this, if it's one of the newer WD drives, make sure you're pressing the power button on the back after plugging it in. Sounds stupid, but it's something I've seen a lot of people miss.
    I saw the power button but nothing happened when I pressed it. Unless I was supposed to hold it until -something- happened

Is anybody having these random...freezing moments when trying to do something in Miiverse? I hate it when it happens, but maybe you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Is anybody having these random...freezing moments when trying to do something in Miiverse? I hate it when it happens, but maybe you already know.
    It's happened to me over 6 times, whether it's exiting an app, reading a post with lots of replies on the Miiverse or entering the Wii U menu. I'm not handing in my Wii U to repair since I've been on blogs and read that people have had freezing issues as well, so I'm assuming an update should fix it. Hopefully it's that update that's coming out next month...

I find it funny how the Wii U is getting outsold by the PSP. What is going on?

You see, in Japan, the PSP has games. In everywhere, the Wii U has no games.

And the fact the PSP is technically older than the Wii U.

It also being a handheld (and one known for being easy to hack) helps

The Japanese love the PSP. Best platform for Monster Hunter.

Yet. In due time, in due time.
    3DS FC 3780 9295 7690
    IGN Matthew

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/RedBrickGamerShow

Hidden Abilities
    Ditto
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Gibble

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I find it funny how the Wii U is getting outsold by the PSP. What is going on?
    A typo? You meant Vita? The Japanese love their PSPs (especially their HD ones)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yeah, it does seem to slow down for a second or so when I went on yesterday. I hope it's nothing too serious!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It also being a handheld (and one known for being easy to hack) helps
    The average japanese person doesn't hack their consoles. Its a pretty negative thing to do over there.

Yay Nintendo of Europe lifts the 18+ rated eShop game restrictions.

Also I brought the Wii U Monster Hunter bundle along with Nintendo land and New Super Mario U, but no-one cares about that.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Yay Nintendo of Europe lifts the 18+ rated eShop game restrictions.

Also I brought the Wii U Monster Hunter bundle along with Nintendo land and New Super Mario U, but no-one cares about that.
    Why what is wrong with Mario U? TBH I thought it was pretty challenging after NSMB2 for 3DS

Zen Pinball 2 is now available for free. Yes, FREE, but it has extra boards that can be bought.

Eh, might as well. My Wii U needs something.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Why what is wrong with Mario U? TBH I thought it was pretty challenging after NSMB2 for 3DS
    I think he was being sarcastic. Also, blaze boy, you must be rich or something.

I'm pretty happy that Dues Ex game is coming to Wii U. Kinda looks like MGS from the little I saw of it. Was hoping Sleeping Dogs or KH Remix was the Square game but still looks fun.

I'm pretty happy that Dues Ex game is coming to Wii U. Kinda looks like MGS from the little I saw of it. Was hoping Sleeping Dogs or KH Remix was the Square game but still looks fun.
    DE isn't really like MGS, MGS is more cinematic and linear, DE is more about the choices you make. Both story- and gameplay-wise

No I meant that no ones cares about the fact that I brought a Wii U, guess I didn't make that clear.

Also, blaze boy, you must be rich or something.
    Nope just being stupid about what I do with my student loan, then again I live with my parent and get free bus travel so it was just sitting there temping me.

^ Best post ever.

No I meant that no ones cares about the fact that I brought a Wii U, guess I didn't make that clear.

Nope just being stupid about what I do with my student loan, then again I live with my parent and get free bus travel so it was just sitting there temping me.
    Don't worry, little kid of fire! Add me on your Friend List: AuraGuyChris

And do not fall for your temptations! Oh wait, you already did. Never mind.

Eh, might as well. My Wii U needs something.
    But...Punch-Out! Haha It's so addicting. Still haven't beaten Tyson/Mr Dream. Then I get distracted on its Miiverse page...

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 110 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast