Page 117 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4413

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

It's 2013. Why do people still give a **** about Earthbound? Why not petition some Gamecube games or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's 2013. Why do people still give a **** about Earthbound? Why not petition some Gamecube games or something?
    It couldn't be because it's a good game in their eyes, could it?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Also, maybe because it's never been rereleased in nearly two decades?

I'm estatic, I can finally play it after so long!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

And this is the first time EU is getting it. (Didn't the same thing happen with SMRPG, or am I thinking of something else...?)

I'm curious what changes there will be to the music. Well, my WiiU will be getting some use soon. Any idea on a release date or anything like that?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Excited for Mario World on the Virtual Channel next week. Never played it but saw many fun Let's Plays of it to get excited.

A few things about Earthbound.

1. I going to finish my file soon on my SNES copy.
    2. I'm going to sell it for $120 store credit, giving me a $20 profit.
    3. I'm going to buy other games store credit, while I wait for a classic.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You have to pick the races, which is just a tedious extra step, and I'm not sure, but I think you can only do team mode. You can't do strictly player vs player battle mode anymore either.

woot21 out dawgs
    It's just the extra step of picking each race individually, you don't have to play on a team. MK7 might be different, I haven't dome any local multiplayer with that yet.

Because it's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post

I wouldn't waste such a rare game selling it, especially to a store.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't mean that it's bad. It's just sad that best news for the system is the re-release of a 18 year old port. I would think Wii U owners would petition for new games first.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post

Don't sell it to a store. Sell it on eBay or something, if anything. It'll probably tank, at least partially, due to the re-release.

I don't mean that it's bad. It's just sad that best news for the system is the re-release of a 18 year old port. I would think Wii U owners would petition for new games first.
    Because gambling sucks.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Don't sell it to a store. Sell it on eBay or something, if anything. It'll probably tank, at least partially, due to the re-release.
    Good idea, actually. I'm almost thinking about donating some of the extra money to charity.

I'm still completing the game first, though.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I'm happy that Game & Wario and Pikmin 3 finally have US release dates. Not sure when I'll be getting them, but hopefully they boost Wii U sales.

Really excited for the April update. It's good to know it brings more than just faster loading times, such as pressing the B Button to go to the Wii Menu, downloading games whilst play another game or when the system is off and others. And of course I can't wait for the Wii U VC, which comes a day after the update, right?

Hopefully GameCube games come soon to the Wii U! Good to know we'll be getting N64 & GBA games in the future at least. When that happens, I can move Mario 64 from Wii Menu to the Wii U menu and use the GamePad!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Why petition for new games when they're getting a game they know is excellent and want to play?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It was a 3DS Direct, the focus was on 3DS. Earthbound and the Update were the only things for Wii U we didn't know about already, no **** that's the best news.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why petition for new games when they're getting a game they know is excellent and want to play?
    Because the Wii U should have Wii U games, not SNES games from 18 ago. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the classics, but Earthbound should have been an ambassador title or something.

On a brighter note, this could only mean that Nintendo might just try to revive the EarthBound series down the road.

So yes, it has a lot of significance.

I suppose that would be good. Nintendo does have a habit of bringing the dead back to life. I heard EB was released in Japan for 30 cents, is it the same here.

They'll probably charge around $8 for Earthbound, but that's just my guess

This was a pretty awesome reveal for me since a gamestore near me is selling it for $250. I've read up about it every now and then and I've been watching Chuggaaconroy's LP of it for the past week haha man what a coincedence

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I suppose that would be good. Nintendo does have a habit of bringing the dead back to life. I heard EB was released in Japan for 30 cents, is it the same here.
    No, in Japan it was one of the monthly titles. The monthly titles we have are different, unfortunately.

Because the Wii U should have Wii U games, not SNES games from 18 ago. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the classics, but Earthbound should have been an ambassador title or something.
    Hey, at least the Wii U has a system seller now. You'd be an idiot to buy a cartridge when you can get a Wii U and a VC copy of Earthbound for the same price.

And giving it to people for FREE is the dumbest idea ever, and you should be smacked for even suggesting it.

Thank you! I personally have never gotten the appeal of turn-based RPGs that lack button commands or lack the mass competitive diversity that is Pokémon. No less, people love it and if it brings in a profit so be it. For comparison sake, what's your opinion on a current port of Final Fantasy 7?

Not looking forward to Super Luigi U. Pikmin 3 on the other hand...

GIMME MOAR INFO!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I wish Nintendo wouldn't rely on their main IPs so much and use some of the lesser used ones. Like Star Fox and F-Zero.
    You make it sound like if Nintendo have done nothing with the Star Fox franchise when they released an unscaled port of the N64 version for the 3DS.

I mean really, port F-Zero X to the 3DS with online play and watch the money roll in.
    In what universe do you live in? F-Zero isn't exactly a big name franchise compare to Mario, Pokémon and Zelda also the 3DS doesn't need port of a N64 game any more.

I don't really want Super Mario #106 or another crappy "Mii" game.
    Then feel free not to buy them as no one is forcing you.

Nintendo won't survive off of Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros. forever.
    Which is why they have Pokémon, Kirby , Pikmin and their many other IP just that the game you mention are Nintendo biggest IP. Nintendo has also shown that they are capable in creating new IP.

That's why I'm glad the Wii U isn't selling as good as they hoped, it shows that gamers won't just by anything because it's Nintendo.
    No it doesn't, it just show that people aren't willing buying a consoles that doesn't have any games. The PS3, 3DS and Vita went through the exact same problems when they first launch.

Either you are trolling or you are completely unaware of the irony of you saying that statement.

I don't mean that it's bad. It's just sad that best news for the system is the re-release of a 18 year old port.
    It's a re-release of a game that is very hard to come by, especially if you live in Europe and has never been re-released outside of Japan until now.

I would think Wii U owners would petition for new games first.
    That's because we know that we are getting some new games just that it will be a while before they get released, again I will point to the 3DS who went through the similar problem when it first launched and look at it now.

Because the Wii U should have Wii U games, not SNES games from 18 ago. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the classics,
    Man you really don't see the irony in saying that post.

but Earthbound should have been an ambassador title or something.
    You also don't know how to do simple business. There is no way in hell that Nintendo is going to release Earthbound as an ambassador title not when they know that there is a demand for the game. It is also the reason why none of the Mario or Zelda games are part of the NES 30th anniversary because Nintendo know that people will pay full price for them rather than 30p.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Earthbound is coming..................mr iwata knows not what he has just unleashed upon the world! O_O
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    Earthbound is coming..................mr iwata knows not what he has just unleashed upon the world! O_O
    Yeah more fan demanding Nintendo to release Mother 1 and 3 on the Virtual consoles. Though Mother 1 has not aged well and Mother 3 wasn't even localized so that lowers it chances.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Yeah more fan demanding Nintendo to release Mother 1 and 3 on the Virtual consoles. Though Mother 1 has not aged well and Mother 3 wasn't even localized so that lowers it chances.
    NO! He has opened the pits of hell, and all nintendo fans will be consumed by it!
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Page 117 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast