Page 118 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    NO! He has opened the pits of hell, and all nintendo fans will be consumed by it!
    I have no words...for the idiocy you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Hey, at least the Wii U has a system seller now. You'd be an idiot to buy a cartridge when you can get a Wii U and a VC copy of Earthbound for the same price.

And giving it to people for FREE is the dumbest idea ever, and you should be smacked for even suggesting it.
    Hey, they gave Super Mario Bros. away for free, probably the biggest game since ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    For comparison sake, what's your opinion on a current port of Final Fantasy 7?
    I haven't played it but I hear good things. If they made a HD enhanced port I'd give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You make it sound like if Nintendo have done nothing with the Star Fox franchise when they released an unscaled port of the N64 version for the 3DS.
    Time that could of been better spent making a new game.
    In what universe do you live in? F-Zero isn't exactly a big name franchise compare to Mario, Pokémon and Zelda also the 3DS doesn't need port of a N64 game any more.
    You mean the same why the Wii U doesn't need Earthbound, or any other port of an old game?
    Which is why they have Pokémon, Kirby , Pikmin and their many other IP just that the game you mention are Nintendo biggest IP. Nintendo has also shown that they are capable in creating new IP.
    Pikman is hardly a big IP. And Nintendo doesn't act like it.

No it doesn't, it just show that people aren't willing buying a consoles that doesn't have any games. The PS3, 3DS and Vita went through the exact same problems when they first launch.
    Those were more due to price than anything else. Once they got their price drop, they started selling.
    Either you are trolling or you are completely unaware of the irony of you saying that statement.
    Um no. Nintendo promised GCN VC. Instead of releasing EB, more effort could have been made into bringing GCN games to the eSHop(Not saying that EB took a huge amount of effort to port)
    It's a re-release of a game that is very hard to come by, especially if you live in Europe and has never been re-released outside of Japan until now.
    There are hundreds of games are hard to come by. Doesn't mean it's in best interest to port them. It's cool they did it, but it shouldn't be overshadowing the games that the Wii U has/coming soo.

That's because we know that we are getting some new games just that it will be a while before they get released, again I will point to the 3DS who went through the similar problem when it first launched and look at it now.
    Not even a valid reason. If anything, since the 3DS already went through it Nintendo should of did everything in their power to avoid it.

Man you really don't see the irony in saying that post.
    There's no irony. Wii U games should be prioritized over any other game on the system.
    You also don't know how to do simple business. There is no way in hell that Nintendo is going to release Earthbound as an ambassador title not when they know that there is a demand for the game. It is also the reason why none of the Mario or Zelda games are part of the NES 30th anniversary because Nintendo know that people will pay full price for them rather than 30p.
    It's funny because Zelda II, Four Swords and Minish cap are all games there were in demand but were given away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I have no words...for the idiocy you're trying to say.
    I think he is making a joke not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
    I think he is making a joke not sure...
    not joking.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

not joking.
    I'll laugh, anyway.

not joking.
    Then why am I laughing?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Then why am I laughing?
    Because stupidity is funny?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Hey, they gave Super Mario Bros. away for free, probably the biggest game since ever.
    Super Mario Bros. doesn't go for $200 minimum online.

Super Mario Bros. doesn't go for $200 minimum online.
    I can only imagine how many times it's been released compared to Earthbound. Original on NES, Super Mario All Stars on SNES, Super Mario Bros Deluxe for GBC, NES Collection on GBA, and Wii Virtual console. I feel like there might be one or two more but that's from the top of my head.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Nintendo discusses why it returns to existing franchises

http://www.gamespot.com//news/ninten...hises-6407206?

"There's a couple of driving reasons why you keep seeing a lot of the same franchises come back," Trinen said. "One is just the way that we develop games. What we don't do is start off and say we're going to develop a new game in X series or what are we going to do with it? It's really more about what is a fun and interesting new gameplay element or gameplay mechanic? How do we develop that? And then what kind of a character or what series is that really best suited to?"

Lazy assess

How is thinking about the gameplay first being lazy?

Nintendo discusses why it returns to existing franchises

http://www.gamespot.com//news/ninten...hises-6407206?

"There's a couple of driving reasons why you keep seeing a lot of the same franchises come back," Trinen said. "One is just the way that we develop games. What we don't do is start off and say we're going to develop a new game in X series or what are we going to do with it? It's really more about what is a fun and interesting new gameplay element or gameplay mechanic? How do we develop that? And then what kind of a character or what series is that really best suited to?"

Smart People
    Fixed for ya

If you hate Nintendo just stop posting in the Nintendo section. Not that hard

Or are you really Micheal Patcher?

Nah, I don't hate them. But something can only be improved so much before it becomes stale.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
    Or are you really Micheal Patcher?
    Yes.

But something can only be improved so much before it becomes stale.
    Perhaps. But Nintendo's industry-leading stable of franchises; they've all been around how long, and for how many games each? At what point does one look at what is a track record of fairly consistent success over multiple decades and conclude "okay, maybe they do manage a half decent job of continually advancing the gameplay and subsequently managing to avoid total stagnation"?

Your statement is basically looking at the sun rising, day after day, and saying "okay, but it can't keep this up forever!" every time it comes up.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'd rather Nintendo die as something it was then to ever change their main focus.

Besides, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, those franchises are good sellers. Why would they change what they were good at? I certainly don't want them to be something they're not.

In short, Nintendo has its own philosophy when they make games. If you're looking for different games, there are many other fish in the pond.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Nintendo is very good at what they do, and as a business why would they change their approach when they know it makes money?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nintendo is very good at what they do, and as a business why would they change their approach when they know it makes money?
    Because it won't sell because it has too much variety? Or maybe it is because they alone are special and it has only worked, until now.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Or maybe it is because they alone are special and it has only worked, until now.
    Hey. Hey. HEY. I see you there. You cut that out.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Does anyone else see all of the immature, ignorant children on Miiverse who do nothing but spam? I try to not let it bother me but it gets annoying because of how much I see it. They treat it like Facebook and Twitter, in a bad way I mean.

I should learn to just ignore it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Does anyone else see all of the immature, ignorant children on Miiverse who do nothing but spam? I try to not let it bother me but it gets annoying because of how much I see it. They treat it like Facebook and Twitter, in a bad way I mean.

Honestly I don't use Miiverse at all. It's a nice concept, I guess. But why bother when I have the internet?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Not really, there's no sense of order or direction with the discussion, people just post what they want. It's fun doodling the odd thing here and there but overall, it's nothing special.

New Super Mario Bros. U's Miiverse features were entertaining; seeing everyone's failure messages and how they were upset at Bowser. I posted a doodle of an over muscular guy ripping off his shirt after completing the last level. Speaking of funny failure messages, New Super Luigi U will be sure to deliver more.

Hope it gets an update or some upgrades down the road but at least we have forums.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

This was to be expected though the European Miiverse of Sonic and All Star racing transformed is pretty much filled with drawing of Sonic's character.

Honestly I don't use Miiverse at all. It's a nice concept, I guess. But why bother when I have the internet?
    Because it seem to have some uses, for example when Europe complained about Balloon Trip being in 50hz Nintendo of Europe took that feedback and released Punch Out in 60hz. It also seem to played a small part in Earthbound getting released to the Western Virtual consoles.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Not really, there's no sense of order or direction with the discussion, people just post what they want. It's fun doodling the odd thing here and there but overall, it's nothing special.

New Super Mario Bros. U's Miiverse features were entertaining; seeing everyone's failure messages and how they were upset at Bowser. I posted a doodle of an over muscular guy ripping off his shirt after completing the last level. Speaking of funny failure messages, New Super Luigi U will be sure to deliver more.

Hope it gets an update or some upgrades down the road but at least we have forums.
    I think that stuff is awesome. I mean the poor grammar saying stuff like #swag, #yolo, quoting songs, begging for yeahs, complaining about being banned when all they did was spam, etc. Just general spam that can't be reported that the admins don't care about.

I enjoy drawing on Miiverse a lot. It's fun haha. It's nice to talk to other people on there too

Miiverse is basically Nsider where developers go take some coffee and see their happy fans' every whim to release games they want really badly.

You know, business.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Miiverse is basically Nsider where developers go take some coffee and see their happy fans' every whim to release games they want really badly.

You know, business.
    Except with Earthbound...wouldn't they have had to had that decided already before all the protesting on Miiverse? I guess it depends when it gets released though

Page 118 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast