Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #2951
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Honestly I don't use Miiverse at all. It's a nice concept, I guess. But why bother when I have the internet?
    Spam how? I never see spam.

    Maybe in certain game communities I suppose. Guessing Black Ops 2 has a lot of dick drawings

  2. #2952
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Spam how? I never see spam.

    Maybe in certain game communities I suppose. Guessing Black Ops 2 has a lot of dick drawings
    spam

    None of these messages are really necessary, they're all commenting on the game or the level they've played. Plus the demand for Earthbound since it given away as a $0.30 promotion in Japan but not North America was uncalled for (someone's going to be furious at me). I don't see them changing to the style of a forum anytime soon either with all the demand of moderation and such, just checking every message and seeing if it's kid friendly or not is much easier. No less, like I already stated, it's fun seeing other people's reactions on New Super Mario Bros. U and I hope a future game does something similar. I won't lie though, I would like to see some improvements in the future but we'll see. Live in the present!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  3. #2953
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Most bad posts I see on the Miiverse are just terrible kid drawings or those "Add me!" requests. Also, this is weird but when I downloaded Kirby's Adventure this morning I played for a bit and noticed the game lags when there's a lot of enemies on the screen. Yes, I said a NES game LAGS on my Wii U, but maybe the problem' will be fixed when I play it a second time. Was I the only one with that problem the first time I played it?
    EDIT: Playing Kirby's Adventure for a second time and I still see some lag when a lot of enemies are on the screen. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 19th April 2013 at 9:40 AM.

  4. #2954
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    spam

    None of these messages are really necessary, they're all commenting on the game or the level they've played. Plus the demand for Earthbound since it given away as a $0.30 promotion in Japan but not North America was uncalled for (someone's going to be furious at me).
    I don't see it as ccompletely uncalled for, maybe the fans were a bit overzealous in their desire to get the game (trust me, I've run into a few of those myself) but the thing is that the fanbase has been clamoring for this game for so long, and sometimes the best way to let the company know that is to show your support for the series. For them, it's kind of like their Project Rainfall, this is something they've been waiting for such a long time and to finally get it I can't imagine how happy they are right now.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  5. #2955
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Plus the demand for Earthbound since it given away as a $0.30 promotion in Japan but not North America was uncalled for (someone's going to be furious at me).
    How was it uncalled for? Nobody even knew if Nintendo was actually going to release in the Western virtual console and yet Japan was getting the game. Not to mention Europe didn't even get Earthbound so buying an expensive copy of the game wasn't even an option. At least with Miiverse we had a slim chance of letting Nintendo know that there are Earthbound fans outside of Japan who really want to play the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    EDIT: Playing Kirby's Adventure for a second time and I still see some lag when a lot of enemies are on the screen. What's up with that?
    It's called crappy 50hz version.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  6. #2956
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Miiverse is basically Nsider where developers go take some coffee and see their happy fans' every whim to release games they want really badly.

    You know, business.
    Oh, I remember Nsider. Good times.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Except with Earthbound...wouldn't they have had to had that decided already before all the protesting on Miiverse? I guess it depends when it gets released though
    Yeah, Miiverse doesn't affect something getting released or changed any more than the community channels Nintendo already had.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #2957
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Most bad posts I see on the Miiverse are just terrible kid drawings or those "Add me!" requests. Also, this is weird but when I downloaded Kirby's Adventure this morning I played for a bit and noticed the game lags when there's a lot of enemies on the screen. Yes, I said a NES game LAGS on my Wii U, but maybe the problem' will be fixed when I play it a second time. Was I the only one with that problem the first time I played it?
    EDIT: Playing Kirby's Adventure for a second time and I still see some lag when a lot of enemies are on the screen. What's up with that?
    Isn't that something that happened with the original version of the game, and a lot of NES games?

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  8. #2958
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Oh, I remember Nsider. Good times.
    What is Nsider?


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  9. #2959
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    What is Nsider?
    The old official Nintendo forums. They shut them down a few years ago.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #2960
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    spam

    None of these messages are really necessary, they're all commenting on the game or the level they've played. Plus the demand for Earthbound since it given away as a $0.30 promotion in Japan but not North America was uncalled for (someone's going to be furious at me). I don't see them changing to the style of a forum anytime soon either with all the demand of moderation and such, just checking every message and seeing if it's kid friendly or not is much easier. No less, like I already stated, it's fun seeing other people's reactions on New Super Mario Bros. U and I hope a future game does something similar. I won't lie though, I would like to see some improvements in the future but we'll see. Live in the present!
    Who cares?! It is fun. I like reading comments like that and making my own. Sheesh old man much?

  11. #2961
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Isn't that something that happened with the original version of the game, and a lot of NES games?

    woot21 out dawgs
    It never happened on my Wii or 3DS versions, or on a computer using an emulator. It's probably a bad port...

  12. #2962
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    How was it uncalled for? Nobody even knew if Nintendo was actually going to release in the Western virtual console and yet Japan was getting the game. Not to mention Europe didn't even get Earthbound so buying an expensive copy of the game wasn't even an option. At least with Miiverse we had a slim chance of letting Nintendo know that there are Earthbound fans outside of Japan who really want to play the game.
    It was still spam and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah, Miiverse doesn't affect something getting released or changed any more than the community channels Nintendo already had.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Who cares?! It is fun. I like reading comments like that and making my own. Sheesh old man much?
    Can't disagree with that.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  13. #2963
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Not to mention Europe didn't even get Earthbound so buying an expensive copy of the game wasn't even an option.
    Reproduction cartridges.

  14. #2964
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Hey. Hey. HEY. I see you there. You cut that out.
    You aren't Cosgrove, so it won't work, while I'm looking at the clouds, in this world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Reproduction cartridges.
    Beyond being a scam that people overcharge for, aren't there anti-piracty measures on them that can make the game unbeatable?

    For s non-Earthbound related topic: What games are you looking forward to that have been announced, and we have a tentative release date (so no Super Smash Bros. 4)?

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  15. #2965
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    What games are you looking forward to that have been announced, and we have a tentative release date (so no Super Smash Bros. 4)?
    Nothing. I want to hear about games like Mario U and SSB4 before I start getting excited for what Wii U has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #2966
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Beyond being a scam that people overcharge for, aren't there anti-piracty measures on them that can make the game unbeatable?
    I don't really see how it's a scam. I have a few myself, they work just fine. And ALL of the antipiracy measures in Earthbound were pretty much patched away within a day of it actually being released back in the 90s.

    The real scam is people charging over $300 for a game that isn't even rare.

  17. #2967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    For s non-Earthbound related topic: What games are you looking forward to that have been announced, and we have a tentative release date (so no Super Smash Bros. 4)?
    Aside from Wind Waker Wii U, I can't think of anything that's been given even a tentative release date.

    We should be getting news of the upcoming system update soon, since it'll supposedly be made available this week. At least that will give me a reason to turn on my Wii U.

  18. #2968
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,601

    Default

    Looking forward to Rayman Legends, Wii Party U, Pikmin 3 & Wind Waker HD. After Game & Wario is released, I might also buy that later in the year. GameStop lists it with a $40 pricetag, so hopefully that is real. Nothing beyond that with a tentative release date that I'm looking forward to, though hopefully the 3D Mario game & MK Wii U end up being release this year.

    If they were, I don't think I'd be able to get them this year, but having them this year would boost sales tremendously. Happened with the 3DS in 2011.

    By the way, I think the Wii U VC is supposed to come on Tuesday (apparently this was on the FaceBook for the Wii U, but I can't find it there), so if that's true then the system update comes on Monday (Nintendo said the system update comes a day before VC). We're also getting the Rayman Legends Challenge Stages for free later this month (meaning not long now), so that'll be good.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  19. #2969
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You aren't Cosgrove, so it won't work, while I'm looking at the clouds, in this world.

    Beyond being a scam that people overcharge for, aren't there anti-piracty measures on them that can make the game unbeatable?

    For s non-Earthbound related topic: What games are you looking forward to that have been announced, and we have a tentative release date (so no Super Smash Bros. 4)?
    Wish I could find a sound effect but the newest title in my favourite games series after Pokémon, Pikmin 3. Game and Wario looks interesting but I'm still a bit iffy on buying it and will wait for reviews.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  20. #2970
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    I can't wait for Wind Waker U and Pikmin 3, so I suppose I'm in the same boat as most of you are.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  21. #2971
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    spam

    None of these messages are really necessary, they're all commenting on the game or the level they've played. Plus the demand for Earthbound since it given away as a $0.30 promotion in Japan but not North America was uncalled for (someone's going to be furious at me). I don't see them changing to the style of a forum anytime soon either with all the demand of moderation and such, just checking every message and seeing if it's kid friendly or not is much easier. No less, like I already stated, it's fun seeing other people's reactions on New Super Mario Bros. U and I hope a future game does something similar. I won't lie though, I would like to see some improvements in the future but we'll see. Live in the present!
    Okay, we are not talking about a forum. We're talking about a facebook-ish app, where "I love this game!" or "Did anybody kill the giant spider on level 6?" would count as sufficient posts.

    Waiting for Pikmin 3 mostly. I may want to get into Pikmin 2 while I wait.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  22. #2972
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Okay, we are not talking about a forum. We're talking about a facebook-ish app, where "I love this game!" or "Did anybody kill the giant spider on level 6?" would count as sufficient posts.

    Waiting for Pikmin 3 mostly. I may want to get into Pikmin 2 while I wait.
    Noooo. Please don't compare Miiverse to Facebook. There are already enough idiots posting on both.

    "lulz heyyyy guys I like COD even tho imma gurl. Add me"
    "Like yolo guys, Drake has the best swagg evah"
    "Such haters. I can post whtever I wnt"
    "Guys add me, here's my gamertag"
    " terrible rap song"
    "OMIGOSH I LOVE 1D! FAN 4EVSSSS"




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  23. #2973
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and Wind Waker HD. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Nice that Pikmin 3 got a release date. Hopefully we get more info on Wind Waker HD.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List


  24. #2974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Noooo. Please don't compare Miiverse to Facebook. There are already enough idiots posting on both.

    "lulz heyyyy guys I like COD even tho imma gurl. Add me"
    "Like yolo guys, Drake has the best swagg evah"
    "Such haters. I can post whtever I wnt"
    "Guys add me, here's my gamertag"
    " terrible rap song"
    "OMIGOSH I LOVE 1D! FAN 4EVSSSS"
    I see some on the facebook beg for Aliens CM for wii U... Saying it's a AAA title the Wii U is missing out on... While on Miiverse they are begging for Minecraft for some reason. I think I see your point

    Mad that the update didn't come yesterday and that the VC countdown was just for a lineup.

  25. #2975
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    I see some on the facebook beg for Aliens CM for wii U... Saying it's a AAA title the Wii U is missing out on... While on Miiverse they are begging for Minecraft for some reason. I think I see your point

    Mad that the update didn't come yesterday and that the VC countdown was just for a lineup.
    ... who in their right mind says Aliens CM is an AAA title? That game is broken beyond belief! Thank GOD it's not on the Wii U.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •