Page 120 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #2976
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    AAA has nothing to do with quality.

  2. #2977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    ... who in their right mind says Aliens CM is an AAA title? That game is broken beyond belief! Thank GOD it's not on the Wii U.
    That's what most people on gaming forums think, and it's true that it is AWFUL. But for some reason facebook people don't know anything about ratings and reviews.

  3. #2978
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    And for some reason you don't understand that AAA doesn't have anything to do with quality.

  4. #2979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And for some reason you don't understand that AAA doesn't have anything to do with quality.

    I do understand that. But the thing is that A:CM is NOT a AAA also due to it being poorly developed, not being developed by a major developer, and not advertised that well besides the two E3 appearences.

  5. #2980
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    I do understand that. But the thing is that A:CM is NOT a AAA also due to it being poorly developed, not being developed by a major developer, and not advertised that well besides the two E3 appearences.
    You don't seem to understand what "AAA" means. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a AAA title and was developed by a major developer, well it was suppose to be, and it was advertised as a big AAA title. The fact that the game quality is poor doesn't mean that isn't.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  6. #2981
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    I do understand that. But the thing is that A:CM is NOT a AAA also due to it being poorly developed, not being developed by a major developer, and not advertised that well besides the two E3 appearences.
    AAA (IIRC) has more to do with a game's scale and costs, not so much its quality. Most of those reasons have nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #2982
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  8. #2983
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah, Miiverse doesn't affect something getting released or changed any more than the community channels Nintendo already had.
    This one's a little different, considering Miiverse is accessed through the console Nintendo makes, which in turn requires they themselves deal with overlooking its entirety, as opposed to having mostly volunteer mods and what not.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  9. #2984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I thought everyone knew this already.

    Well, at least about the White Pikmin.

  10. #2985
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I thought everyone knew this already.

    Well, at least about the White Pikmin.
    Most people probably assumed but it's now confirmed.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  11. #2986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Most people probably assumed but it's now confirmed.
    Assumed is the wrong term.

    I remember seeing White Pikmin in the trailers.

  12. #2987
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Assumed is the wrong term.

    I remember seeing White Pikmin in the trailers.
    By all means point them out. No less, new artwork with white and purple, rejoice people. I just hope they lack onions like the last game.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  13. #2988
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Miyamoto said they were still in the game in an interview, but that they were hidden or something.

  14. #2989
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This one's a little different, considering Miiverse is accessed through the console Nintendo makes, which in turn requires they themselves deal with overlooking its entirety, as opposed to having mostly volunteer mods and what not.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Twitter or Facebook. Where it's still someone working for Nintendo monitoring their account.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #2990
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yes! It wouldn't feel complete without every species with me as I played.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  16. #2991
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You don't seem to understand what "AAA" means. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a AAA title and was developed by a major developer, well it was suppose to be, and it was advertised as a big AAA title. The fact that the game quality is poor doesn't mean that isn't.
    The game was a horrible development mess, with Gearbox deciding to work on Borderlands 2 rather than this game like they were supposed to, and some other developer ended up having to make the whole game in 9 months. It's as much a AAA game as Pokemon X and Y would be if Nintendo and Gamefreak smoked something and decided to make the members of Sppf the new developers for it.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  17. #2992
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    Not surprised by white/purple Pikmin being confirmed, but glad nonetheless. I liked using those, and the more the merrier.

    Also, they say Mario Kart Wii U may be out before the year ends.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.


  18. #2993
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Not surprised by white/purple Pikmin being confirmed, but glad nonetheless. I liked using those, and the more the merrier.

    Also, they say Mario Kart Wii U may be out before the year ends.
    I got the impression that was the case from the Nintendo direct where it was announced. Do hope there is some form of track customization though. Recently have been playing RCT and hooked on track creation.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  19. #2994

  20. #2995
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Mario Kart U is old news, they said that about a month or two ago.

    Out of the unrevealed games so far, the only ones I'm interested in are Super Mario U, SSB4, and maybe Zelda U (the new one we won't be getting for a year or two, not the Wind Waker remake). In fact, those are the only Wii U games I'm anticipating, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #2996
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Nintendo Announces It Will Not Host A Major Press Conference At E3 This Year.

    Personally I felt that the Nintendo direct pretty much took that role anyway.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  22. #2997
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Honestly Nintendo's E3 press conferences are just larger and slightly longer Nintendo Directs. By using the Nintendo Directs though, they can put a larger focus on the games and show the development of the game before it releases.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  23. #2998

    Default

    I like the Nintendo Directs better, anyway.



    Besides, they still make moments that can become instant memes in the internet.

  24. #2999
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Nintendo Announces It Will Not Host A Major Press Conference At E3 This Year.

    Personally I felt that the Nintendo direct pretty much took that role anyway.
    Agreed, Nintendo Direct is better anyway, because it allows games to be shown off whenever their ready throughout the year instead of just in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #3000
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    I'm still going to miss their press conferences, it was always fun watching the conferences from the big three and EA and Ubisoft, it just wont be the same any more. I wonder if they'll just air a long Nintendo Direct instead.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 120 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •