Page 121 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm still going to miss their press conferences, it was always fun watching the conferences from the big three and EA and Ubisoft, it just wont be the same any more.
    Nintendo's statement on this announcement seems to imply that they're not permanently ending their E3 conferences, they just don't see a point in doing so this year because they have nothing but games to announce.

I wonder if they'll just air a long Nintendo Direct instead.
    Probably something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nintendo's statement on this announcement seems to imply that they're not permanently ending their E3 conferences, they just don't see a point in doing so this year because they have nothing but games to announce.
    I chuckled, E3 isn't about games anymore, it's about appealing to stockholders.

At least NDs feel more personal, and feel less like a commercial.

I will miss getting hype for it though.
    Last edited by hawkeye721; 25th April 2013 at 2:48 PM.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

E3 is garbage anyway. I'd rather have a steady stream of announcements through Nintendo Directs all year than one conference where Nintendo shows off Wii Fit U for twenty minutes.

Which they really could have just done at E3. All EA and Ubisoft do is announce and show off games, since they don't make hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    E3 is garbage anyway. I'd rather have a steady stream of announcements through Nintendo Directs all year than one conference where Nintendo shows off Wii Fit U for twenty minutes.
    But without E3 we wouldn't have gotten this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

SO when is the next nitnendo direct anyway?

Most likely next month as a Nintendo direct is usually shown once a month.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

One problem I do see with relying on the Nintendo Directs is that they'll have a harder time appealing to non-Nintendo fans, but I can't see a reason for other gamers to own it anyway, so I guess in that respect it's not really a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Besides, gaming websites will posts news from the Nintendo Direct onto their sites which a ton of non-Nintendo fans go to every day.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

One problem I do see with relying on the Nintendo Directs is that they'll have a harder time appealing to non-Nintendo fans, but I can't see a reason for other gamers to own it anyway, so I guess in that respect it's not really a problem.
    The same could be said for E3, if they're not a Nintendo fan they probably wouldn't watch Nintendo's conference.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I hope we get smash bros news around the time of e3, same with the next 3d Mario. I just got a wiiu so I want to know what I'm getting into

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    At least NDs feel more personal, and feel less like a commercial.
    You what? They're completely commercials.

I'm really excited about the new Mario Kart! I hope we get some new good characters, and get rid of some like Wiggler and Metal Mario.
    As for the press conference statement, I will miss the conerence, but I see their thinking of not holding it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You what? They're completely commercials.
    presented by people from nintendo, not some d*ck in a suit whos paid to talk nonstop about the graphics.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    presented by people from nintendo, not some d*ck in a suit whos paid to talk nonstop about the graphics.
    Ummm... The people who do the Nintendo press conferences are the very same people who do the Nintendo Directs.

The update with the improved load times and such is live now. This update also includes the Virtual Console which will go online tomorrow.
    Edit: I just finished downloading the update, and I can really tell the difference! Loading times when navigating the main and home menus are much shorter, and I'm really glad they added the ability for the console to download software while it is off. That should make downloads much easier.
    Last edited by GravityStorm; 26th April 2013 at 4:28 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

So this is the complete list of things the update did:

Version 3.0.0 U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

New Features:

A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off

Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete

Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu *ą

Changes to System Settings:

An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"

To facilitate this feature, you will now be able to connect two USB storage devices to a single Wii U console*˛

The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"

The option to adjust screen size is now available under "TV" *ł

"Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings" - Options for the standby function are located within this menu

Changes to Miiverse:

Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller

Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation

"Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post

Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation

Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:

Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller

Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search

Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:

Added the option to change the priority of downloads

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
    *1 User selection may be necessary

*2 Only one USB storage device can be used during normal use

*3 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser

Oh, wow. Going back to the main menu from a game takes like five seconds.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 26th April 2013 at 6:30 AM.

It's much better now that downloaded games install once they finish downloading. I thought it was ridiculous to have to open the Wii U menu in order to find the recent download and then make it install.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's much better now that downloaded games install once they finish downloading. I thought it was ridiculous to have to open the Wii U menu in order to find the recent download and then make it install.
    That always puzzled me as well. Why am I downloading this software if I have no intention of installing it?

Loving the speed of my Wii U after the update, but I did get a scare when an error message popped up as I was 95% through installing it, but luckily it rebooted and finished off the update. One new problem for me (not a big deal though) is that the eshop now takes a few seconds longer to load up for me. Everything else has a much quicker load time though, so I'm not going to complain.

The other features are time savers too, being able to undo/redo a mistake when drawing on the Miiverse and downloading/installing updates and software. I'm already looking forward to what the next update has to offer in a few months.
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 26th April 2013 at 1:54 PM.

That always puzzled me as well. Why am I downloading this software if I have no intention of installing it?
    It's like getting a bowl of soup and the butler asks you if you want a spoon with it.

So we finally have more than just one Virtual console title a month, and the only thing worth getting is Super Mario World.

Way to go Nintendo, A++.

I'm lovin this update already! I like how much faster it has gotten. All the other things in the update are excellent, too.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I recently got a Wii U but I haven't opened it yet, I think I heard something about the original firmware on the Wii U is not that great or something, would it be recommended to try to update? I have to bring the TV and Wii U in another room to update since the wifi can't reach my room, and if somehow the circuit breaker isn't switched on since the room I have to bring it into to update "supposedly" is a bit overworked for two much stuff plugged in.

Launch units required a firmware download for a fair bit of functionality right out of the box. Couldn't tell you whether that's the case with later production runs, or whether you have a launch unit or not.

Do whatever you have to do in order to get it patched into a Wi-Fi connection.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Why are VCs so expensive?!?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Page 121 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast