Page 123 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    It's dirt cheap in Japan (around $30 USD) and has also had the Mother 1+2 rerelease on the GBA. Earthbound also doesn't have the reputation it does in the west (GREETEST GAEM EVAR) over there.
    Just drop it and go entertain yourself with something else to pass the time.

Anyone get my Swapnote about how fanboys are like soda pop?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Wii U has Swapnote?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Wii U has Swapnote?
    No, I sent a Swapnote from my 3DS which was inspired by Clamps' tangent. It's a sweet and bubbly simile. Also, my handwriting is horrible.

Your Wii U virtual console games might eventually become playable on your Nintendo 3DS

But there's a catch, you might have to pay a discount price to do it.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 29th April 2013 at 2:22 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Just drop it and go entertain yourself with something else to pass the time.

Anyone get my Swapnote about how fanboys are like soda pop?
    No, but tell me it, it sounds funny.

Speaking of swapnote, I send out my art here and there if anyone wants to see it.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Your Wii U virtual console games will eventually become playable on your Nintendo 3DS

But there's a catch, you have to pay a discount price to do it.
    That's what she says.

No, I'm not joking here. She has no source to back this up.

aaah swapnote frustrates me x__x

i used to love it but i literally have not opened it since october because there are so many backed up notes

twitter | tumblr | lastfm
    ☆☆ 3ds: 2921-9118-8471 | nnid: stephastated ☆☆

So apparently the Wii U has been cracked. I don't care for homebrew or w/e but if this means no more region lock...

also
    http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551056

"The reason for the delayed release of our first-party titles was the fact that completing the games released at the same time as the launch of Wii U required more development resources than expected, so some staff members from development teams working on other titles had to help complete them. In short, the development teams of Pikmin 3 and other future games were understaffed during that period."

Iwata also said that software development is becoming more challenging as consumers are being more selective about purchases.

"It is true that it is becoming increasingly challenging to meet the expectations of consumers who are willing to pay $50-$60 for a game, and it is difficult to break even unless a huge number of units is sold all over the world, so it cannot be denied that software development is becoming more challenging.

Please Understand

So apparently the Wii U has been cracked. I don't care for homebrew or w/e but if this means no more region lock...
    Seems like it's too early to see whether it will be truly useful. Apparently it may only be able to allow you to play ripped discs of games that already exist.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 30th April 2013 at 7:39 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I wouldn't get your hopes up as Nintendo is aware of the hack and and is ready combat any possible threat of piracy.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

I don't see what Nintendo's deal is. I mean, people are still going to by their games, they will see no losses. So why try to stop people from modifying what they already paid for. I don't care about playing ripped dics though, I'll never update a Wii U if I can break though the region. Time to see if Nintendo and really stop this, and if the Hackers were lying or not.

You really don't see what a company's "deal" is in taking steps to ensure that people can't use its hardware to play pirated material and break region locks?

Please. Let's not do the discussion a disservice by pretending this is solely and simply about "stop[ping] people from modifying what they already paid for."

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

They act as if the Wii U has anything worth pirating in the first place.

I don't see what Nintendo's deal is. I mean, people are still going to by their games, they will see no losses.
    Incorrect, if people are aware that they can get the game for free then they aren't going buy the game, this could have a negative effect on sales of the games and could discourage any third party publisher releasing games on the Wii U. This is exactly what happen with the Dreamcast and the PSP.

^ Best post ever.

Um, no it won't. The Wii has been hacked for years. Sales of software are still massively high and selling better than anything the Wii U has. If anything, more people will buy a Wii U because they'd actually have a use for it now.

Um, no it won't. The Wii has been hacked for years. Sales of software are still massively high and selling better than anything the Wii U has. If anything, more people will buy a Wii U because they'd actually have a use for it now.
    You do realize that music pirating is down, not because people suddenly became morally opposed but because iTunes and other services have made it easier to buy music. It will be easier to pirate games for the WiiU, then it is to buy them, unless they have a digital copy available. So yes, stuff will be pirated.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I didn't say games wouldn't be pirated. I said it wouldn't affect sales like it did with PSP. Piracy isn't even the top 10 reasons why the Dreamcast failed so I don't know where that came. I'm totally against stealing games but a cracked Wii U wouldn't be the end of Nintendo. No where near.

I didn't say games wouldn't be pirated. I said it wouldn't affect sales like it did with PSP. Piracy isn't even the top 10 reasons why the Dreamcast failed so I don't know where that came. I'm totally against stealing games but a cracked Wii U wouldn't be the end of Nintendo. No where near.
    It hurt itself in confusion!

I really have stop doing that. Well it could so why not take precautions while the snows fresh and they're not buried neck deep. It wouldn't be the end of Nintendo? Maybe, maybe not but it's more money in their pockets and the pockets of third party developers if they prevent hacking and that benefits their future which we all want to look forward to.

So Nintendo sent an ad to Wii advertisitng the Wii U.

So Nintendo sent an ad to Wii advertisitng the Wii U.
    To be quite honest I always forget the Wii even had a messaging service. Am I the only one?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    To be quite honest I always forget the Wii even had a messaging service.
    I don't know then again I always forget that the Wii even exist.

Am I the only one?
    Don't you know the golden rule? If you are thinking that way then chances are someone else is.

^ Best post ever.

That advertisement would have worked better if Nintendo used Email accounts for their systems services like Microsoft and Sony. I don't know many people that still use their Wii, let alone still have it plugged in, connected to the internet, and stills checks for messages.

"Some confusion in the marketplace! Email everyone and straighten it out!"

"But we don't have emails, we have hardware accounts!"

"... well shit."

To be quite honest I always forget the Wii even had a messaging service. Am I the only one?
    Every time Nintendo sent me a message the thing flashed blue so it was hard NOT to notice

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Every time Nintendo sent me a message the thing flashed blue so it was hard NOT to notice
    I never had that turned on because it would always wake me up, otherwise I probably wouldn't have forgotten either.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I walked into my room, the blue light flashed, and then I stopped and looked a bit freaked out.

Page 123 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast