Page 125 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4411

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #3101
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I also think Sunshine is the best 3D Mario game overall, but not for its platforming. I had the most fun with Sunshine, but I have to admit that Galaxy and 3D were both much better in that regard.
    Agreed here. I had so much fun running through Sunshine's open ended worlds as well. But again, that kind of level design doesn't really handle platforming very well, which is kind of what the Mario franchise is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #3102
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Sunshine's charm was in the atmosphere and gameplay. It focused on other mechanics like racing, the sliding levels, and water themed platforming. I though, and still think it was a nice change from Mario games that focus mostly on just platforming. It was more relatable.

  3. #3103
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    A living hell called Earth
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Oh god I'll have a cow if they remake Mario Sunshine w/ Pokemon Snap. =^_^=
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

  4. #3104
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlenderMan0 View Post
    Oh god I'll have a cow if they remake Mario Sunshine w/ Pokemon Snap. =^_^=
    ... Why on Earth would that ever happen?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #3105
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    ... Why on Earth would that ever happen?
    Who doesn't want to be a firefighter taking pictures of animals with superpowers?

    In all seriousness though, it was probably just poor grammar on SlenderMan0's part.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  6. #3106
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Open ended levels would be nice, but I think Galaxy and 3D Land have a better idea of where to go with 3D Mario than 64 and Sunshine. The latter two don't really handle platforming as well.
    I agree, but if we have ANOTHER one similar it would feel like another galaxy type game. It's time for something new.

    Also the thing I hate about sunshine is the missions are so repetitive. You either have a red coin, secret level, or a boss fight. There's no originality like 64 and Galaxy have.

  7. #3107
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I agree, but if we have ANOTHER one similar it would feel like another galaxy type game. It's time for something new.

    Also the thing I hate about sunshine is the missions are so repetitive. You either have a red coin, secret level, or a boss fight. There's no originality like 64 and Galaxy have.
    No, there were races and missions to get to the Shine Sprites. The open feel from 64 came from the blue coins which are disgustingly hard to find.

    Don't know what to expect with a future 3D Mario title, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were so good and after that, it will be hard to create something fresh. I'd like to see something with 3D Land's traditional life system, sunshine's vast hub filled with its own handful of missions, 64's open world levels with many multiple missions, and Galaxy's imaginative level designs.

    I should really stop daydreaming though, I doubt it would happen anyways. On top of that, it's the year of the snake Luigi.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  8. #3108
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Also the thing I hate about sunshine is the missions are so repetitive. You either have a red coin, secret level, or a boss fight. There's no originality like 64 and Galaxy have.
    I fail to see how utilizing those mission types makes them repetitive. If anything, 64 is the only one that's repetitive, since the layout was pretty much exactly the same regardless of which episode you choose. They may as well have not even given you a star select screen.

    Speaking of Sunshine's levels, you know what else I liked about them? They all had a slight story arc to them. Not really that significant, but I do think it's a nice touch as opposed to other 3D games where the levels and episodes are just there for the sake of being there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Don't know what to expect with a future 3D Mario title, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were so good and after that, it will be hard to create something fresh. I'd like to see something with 3D Land's traditional life system, sunshine's vast hub filled with its own handful of missions, 64's open world levels with many multiple missions, and Galaxy's imaginative level designs.
    Sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #3109
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Don't know what to expect with a future 3D Mario title, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were so good and after that, it will be hard to create something fresh. I'd like to see something with 3D Land's traditional life system, sunshine's vast hub filled with its own handful of missions, 64's open world levels with many multiple missions, and Galaxy's imaginative level designs.
    Sunshine did have open world levels if you think about it, it's just that only some parts could be accessed after completing a certain mission, which I personally liked, rewarding you for completing a task.

    Also, no blue coin stupidity. I did like the Prankster Comets, as annoying as some of them were, since they offered a slight challenge.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  10. #3110
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    There were certain levels in Sunshine that got repetitive very quickly, like the bay covered in goo (that you had to clean up about 4 times).

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  11. #3111
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    I actually don't mind the Blue Coins to some degree, I just think that having so many of them and having to perform random tasks like squirting random surfaces or dropping coconuts in giant blenders of death is going too far. If they had maybe 5-10 of them per level and require you to merely explore the level for them, that'd be a bit more reasonable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I did like the Prankster Comets, as annoying as some of them were, since they offered a slight challenge.
    Yes, please bring back Prankster Comet style challenges, those are really fun and challenging.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    There were certain levels in Sunshine that got repetitive very quickly, like the bay covered in goo (that you had to clean up about 4 times).
    That's a storyline problem more than anything. There are very few episodes that are repetitive gameplay wise, mainly the ones where you rematch bosses.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th May 2013 at 5:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #3112
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Sunshine is a very special game in the 3D Mario series, style wise I mean. Unless there are future games with Mario using other types of inventions, it'll be tough to have a game feel similar to it. FLUDD made jumps so much easier.

    I find Mario 64's style to be my favorite. I like the feel of the game and I find the 15 worlds in it most memorable. And just to clarify, I never had an N64 growing up, I played Sunshine and Galaxy before Mario 64 haha. I like the feel of Mario 64 best, but I think Galaxy 1/2 are the most fun to play.

    Although...I absolutely LOVE 3D Land. But it's kind of in a different category. Also, I've always wanted another Mario game where you can always use Yoshi like in SMW. I find SMW so much fun to play over and over again because of that. I don't like being teased in Sunshine, Galaxy 2, NSMBW, and NSMBU haha. Still fun levels though




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  13. #3113
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Was there room for a sequel in sunshine? I don't remember much of the story.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  14. #3114
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Was there room for a sequel in sunshine? I don't remember much of the story.
    Mario, Peach, and many Toads went on vacation to Delfino Isle. Mario found FLUDD after a bad plane landing because of some insane amounts of goop. Mario cleaned it up and was framed as the person polluting Delfino because of Bowser Jr disguising himself wanting to beat Mario for his dad...using another of E Gadd's inventions.

    Not sure how a sequel would work exactly, but there's a bunch of possibilities


    Speaking of...does anyone think they'll remake Sunshine like they did Mario 64? Haha reminds of of Pokémon




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  15. #3115
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Mario, Peach, and many Toads went on vacation to Delfino Isle. Mario found FLUDD after a bad plane landing because of some insane amounts of goop. Mario cleaned it up and was framed as the person polluting Delfino because of Bowser Jr disguising himself wanting to beat Mario for his dad...using another of E Gadd's inventions.

    Not sure how a sequel would work exactly, but there's a bunch of possibilities


    Speaking of...does anyone think they'll remake Sunshine like they did Mario 64? Haha reminds of of Pokémon
    a sequel to sunshine would basically just require bringing back fludd and maybe a new (set of) island(s)

    e: It wouldn't even really need the same pollution gimmick. "Oh no look at all this sand/shadows/heymariotestmynewfludd"

  16. #3116
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I fail to see how utilizing those mission types makes them repetitive. If anything, 64 is the only one that's repetitive, since the layout was pretty much exactly the same regardless of which episode you choose. They may as well have not even given you a star select screen.
    That's what I liked about it. You can literally just explore the place and find stars and get what you can. That's how I worked, when I couldn't figure out how to get the current star, I'd try to go for another in that level. It was fun.

  17. #3117
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    That's what I liked about it. You can literally just explore the place and find stars and get what you can. That's how I worked, when I couldn't figure out how to get the current star, I'd try to go for another in that level. It was fun.
    But it's still more repetitive. Sunshine and even Galaxy for that matter always changed something in the level design every time you chose a new episode. 64 generally did not, it was for the most part, exactly the same down to the very last coin, and because collecting a Power Star meant you get kicked out of the level, you had to do the exact same thing 6 or 7 times. That is the very definition of repetitive. Whether or not it's more fun is subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #3118
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    But it's still more repetitive. Sunshine and even Galaxy for that matter always changed something in the level design every time you chose a new episode. 64 generally did not, it was for the most part, exactly the same down to the very last coin, and because collecting a Power Star meant you get kicked out of the level, you had to do the exact same thing 6 or 7 times. That is the very definition of repetitive. Whether or not it's more fun is subjective.
    Fair enough. I'm not much of a 64 fan actually, but I am a MAJOR Galaxy fan.

  19. #3119
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,686

    Default

    Ugh, hopefully Nintendo manages to release GCN games on the Wii U VC soon. Would be nice if they focused on older games not on the Wii VC (like of course GBA & GCN games), but at least we're getting GBA games soon!

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  20. #3120
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Ugh, hopefully Nintendo manages to release GCN games on the Wii U VC soon. Would be nice if they focused on older games not on the Wii VC (like of course GBA & GCN games), but at least we're getting GBA games soon!
    GBA is better suited for 3DS VC, IDK why it's only on the Wii U.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #3121
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    GBA is better suited for 3DS VC, IDK why it's only on the Wii U.
    I suspect this will get brought up eventually, when the GBA games go up on Wii U in <UNANNOUNCED MONTHS>
    e3 time probably? I bet there will be a GBA VC sizzle reel, at least.

  22. #3122
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Didnt they go and say GBA will be WiiU exclusive? Personaly I think it's nintendo trying to sell more systems, every adult nintendo fan probably owns a 3ds by now.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #3123
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Didnt they go and say GBA will be WiiU exclusive? Personaly I think it's nintendo trying to sell more systems, every adult nintendo fan probably owns a 3ds by now.
    All they said is that GBA games are coming to Wii U VC

  24. #3124
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    All they said is that GBA games are coming to Wii U VC
    Which strikes me as suspicious, since GBA games are a better fit for 3DS. I suspect they'll be released for 3DS as well eventually, possibly even around the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #3125
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a snowglobe.
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Oh... this thing.

    I still have yet to buy it because it...it just doesn't interest me how you have to focus on the TV and a separate screen. Maybe I'll buy it one day when I get used to that fact.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Page 125 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •