Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #3126
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Oh... this thing.

    I still have yet to buy it because it...it just doesn't interest me how you have to focus on the TV and a separate screen. Maybe I'll buy it one day when I get used to that fact.
    You don't have to do that though, there are plenty of games where you can ignore the GamePad completely, not sure why you would as having two screens is better than one.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #3127
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Which strikes me as suspicious, since GBA games are a better fit for 3DS. I suspect they'll be released for 3DS as well eventually, possibly even around the same time.
    I would really want multiplayer connectivity between game-pad and television. Mario Bros. Vs. is so underrated and surprisingly addicting.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  3. #3128
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I would really want multiplayer connectivity between game-pad and television.
    Like what there is in Nintendo Land?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  4. #3129
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I would really want multiplayer connectivity between game-pad and television. Mario Bros. Vs. is so underrated and surprisingly addicting.
    There's only support for two Gamepads IIRC. You wouldn't be able to get the full multiplayer experience using the Gamepad, you'd have to use a more mass produced controller like the Classic or Pro controller. Or maybe even the 3DS if GBA games ever get put on the 3DS eShop.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #3130
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's only support for two Gamepads IIRC.
    Incorrect, there's currently no support for two gamepads and there won't be until game developers and Nintendo start creating game that support 2 gamepad and make them more accessible to buy.

    At the moment you can only buy another gamepad via buying another Wii U or from Nintendo directly and neither of those option are cheap.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  6. #3131
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Incorrect, there's currently no support for two gamepads and there won't be until game developers and Nintendo start creating game that support 2 gamepad and make them more accessible to buy.

    At the moment you can only buy another gamepad via buying another Wii U or from Nintendo directly and neither of those option are cheap.
    Right, but the system isn't designed to handle more than two, IIRC. Whether or not any of them actually support 2 at this point is irrelevant, just whether or not it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #3132
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    So, there's a Wii U-based Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3pm GMT.

    Frankly I just hope we get more on Wind Waker HD. We have what? 3-4 screenshots? A gampelay trailer would be perfect.

    Also, is it still wishful thinking to expect something on Smash Bros. 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  8. #3133
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Also, is it still wishful thinking to expect something on Smash Bros. 4?
    Yes, wait 'till E3.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  9. #3134
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Frankly I just hope we get more on Wind Waker HD. We have what? 3-4 screenshots? A gampelay trailer would be perfect.
    If that's the only new information we get, I will be quite content.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #3135
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,612

    Default

    I'm guessing:
    -Upcoming (non GBA, N64) VC sizzle reel
    -Some new Pikmin 3
    -Restating that hey Game & Wario exists
    -Maaaaaybe something on the Wonderful 101

    NoA says that their ND will also have 3ds games so I'm not expecting a lot

  11. #3136
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    I wonder if they'll talk a bit about the summer Wii U update.

    Hopefully there's more info for Wii Party U (like an official name). I'm looking forward to that game and we haven't heard about it since January (and we know it's coming out over the summer). More news for games like Pikmin 3 would be great too and hopefully a VC sizzle reel with A Link to the Past.

    Though I don't plan on getting them, release dates for games like Wonderful 101 & Wii Fit U would be nice.

    Also can't wait for the next Wii U Direct, which will talk about autumn and onward Wii U games!

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  12. #3137
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,612

    Default

    I completely forgot Wii Fit U & Wii Party U even existed

    Though to be fair to Wii Party U absolutely no one ever talked about the original Wii Party in any capacity despite selling fairly well

  13. #3138
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Yeah, well hopefully they get a little bit of love tomorrow at least.

    Something I completely forgot about was New Super Luigi U. It's coming out during the summer, so hopefully we get a release date and price (which hopefully isn't too expensive). Would be nice if I could just use a $20 card for it.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  14. #3139
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Yeah, well hopefully they get a little bit of love tomorrow at least.

    Something I completely forgot about was New Super Luigi U. It's coming out during the summer, so hopefully we get a release date and price (which hopefully isn't too expensive). Would be nice if I could just use a $20 card for it.
    Didn't they say it'd be free?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #3140
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Didn't they say it'd be free?
    I'd love if that was the case. I don't know if they said that it would be free or not actually. Hopefully it is free!

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  16. #3141
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Didn't they say it'd be free?
    They never ever said this and considering NSMB2 had pay for DLC for level packs it makes since for what's basically a new game to also be pay for

    I'm expecting at least $40 to be honest

  17. #3142
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    They never ever said this and considering NSMB2 had pay for DLC for level packs it makes since for what's basically a new game to also be pay for

    I'm expecting at least $40 to be honest
    $40 DLC?? I seriously doubt they would go that far. I'm expecting about 20 or 25.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  18. #3143
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    They never ever said this and considering NSMB2 had pay for DLC for level packs it makes since for what's basically a new game to also be pay for

    I'm expecting at least $40 to be honest
    Doesn't surprise me that I didn't remember something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    $40 DLC?? I seriously doubt they would go that far. I'm expecting about 20 or 25.
    You realize it's an entirely new game, right?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #3144
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You realize it's an entirely new game, right?
    It's not actually being billed as a new game, though. It's essentially a map pack. Granted it's a very large map pack, but a map pack nonetheless. There's a difference between building an entire new game from scratch and using existing assets to make new levels.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  20. #3145
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    It's not actually being billed as a new game, though. It's essentially a map pack. Granted it's a very large map pack, but a map pack nonetheless. There's a difference between building an entire new game from scratch and using existing assets to make new levels.
    There is, true. But that's essentially what Galaxy 2 was.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #3146
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There is, true. But that's essentially what Galaxy 2 was.
    Didn't Galaxy 2 have like over 200 stars? And Yoshi and a bunch of other new gameplay quirks?

    And Throwback Galaxy of course haha




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  22. #3147
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Didn't Galaxy 2 have like over 200 stars? And Yoshi and a bunch of other new gameplay quirks?

    And Throwback Galaxy of course haha
    It was the same engine and the same assets with all new levels, it did have the addition of Yoshi, but besides that it's the same concept as New Super Luigi.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #3148
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    They never ever said this and considering NSMB2 had pay for DLC for level packs it makes since for what's basically a new game to also be pay for

    I'm expecting at least $40 to be honest
    I'm really hoping that the DLC will be $25 or less, maybe $30. $40 seems like a bit much.

    Has it been said how many levels or worlds Luigi U will have?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  24. #3149
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    I'm really hoping that the DLC will be $25 or less, maybe $30. $40 seems like a bit much.

    Has it been said how many levels or worlds Luigi U will have?
    The exact same as NSMBU did. Every level and world is being redone.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #3150
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The exact same as NSMBU did. Every level and world is being redone.
    Oh wow, ok then. I thought it was just going to be about 2-4 worlds...
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •