Page 130 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It is, but regardless of whether or not the "always on, always connected" thing is a good idea, he was basically treating people like ****. You can't go around with that kind of attitude to your customers.
    Yes you can but it's the aftermath that matters. I can understand the reasoning behind that message, Nintendo was very late to the HD party and the Wii had gimmicks which a handful third party developers focused on for the worst. Nintendo loses a single member in third party support? So what? Unless many begin to follow EA's lead that's when we should worry.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yes you can but it's the aftermath that matters. I can understand the reasoning behind that message, Nintendo was very late to the HD party and the Wii had gimmicks which a handful third party developers focused on for the worst. Nintendo loses a single member in third party support? So what? Unless many begin to follow EA's lead that's when we should worry.
    Um... what? I was talking about Adam Orth flipping off Microsoft fans complaining about the "always on, always connected", not what EA was saying about the Wii U being underpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It is, but regardless of whether or not the "always on, always connected" thing is a good idea, he was basically treating people like ****. You can't go around with that kind of attitude to your customers.
    You should be able to, because customers are stupid.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Um... what? I was talking about Adam Orth flipping off Microsoft fans complaining about the "always on, always connected", not what EA was saying about the Wii U being underpowered.
    What I said can also be applied to that situation. Just reword it.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 20th May 2013 at 5:06 AM.

What I said can also be applied to that situation. Just reword it.
    Dude, you're kind of insulting EA through one person who made a personal comment not official from the company itself, which in turn makes it look like you don't care about EA as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    He did say the Wii U is weaker than the 360, which is a complete lie. He sounds like a crybaby.
    Not a good enough reason to get fired. It's not like the U is massively better than the 360. It's like the Wii was compared to the original Xbox. Nintendo just couldn't be called out for it because the Wii actually sold.
    Are you kidding me? The guy was basically telling gamers to go **** themselves over a legitimate complaint for the next Xbox.
    If the next Xbox is always-on, anyone who buys can go **** themselves.

I honestly think this gen will have the worst console launches in history. Then the game market will crash again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I honestly think this gen will have the worst console launches in history. Then the game market will crash again.
    This will totally happen. And then it won't. And then in 2019 the blind squirrel can try again to find a nut.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This will totally happen. And then it won't. And then in 2019 the blind squirrel can try again to find a nut.
    Will you eat your hat if it does happen? Just like you did for the Gold and Silver remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You should be able to, because customers are stupid.
    Yes you are.

Has there been any word about Sonic: Lost Worlds other than the fact that it is a thing?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Will you eat your hat if it does happen? Just like you did for the Gold and Silver remakes?
    I will fight you.

Has there been any word about Sonic: Lost Worlds other than the fact that it is a thing?
    Sonic will be in it and it will have an insanely innovative assortment of levels, including jungle, fire, ice and beach.

-----
    Words to|live by

I will fight you.
    Say that to my face, etc.

Sonic will be in it and it will have an insanely innovative assortment of levels, including jungle, fire, ice and beach.
    So the short answer is no.

Any idea why the disc version of NSLU won't come out for 2 months following the DLC? I really want to disc version, but I'm not sure I could take the two month wait.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Weak launches or game market crash? Looking back at what has recently happened, I can totally see future weak launches.

Weak launches or game market crash?
    The latter.

-----
    Words to|live by

If the next Xbox is always-on, anyone who buys can go **** themselves.

Well yeah, but the point is you don't convey that kind of attitude with customers, it drives people away. That's just Business 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The latter.
    That's not going to happen until sometime way into the far off future. Oh Jb, you and your overexaggeration, cut it out!

Well yeah, but the point is you don't convey that kind of attitude with customers, it drives people away. That's just Business 101.
    Exactly, as long as your chummy and honest with your customer, you can easily make them buy whatever your garbage.

Well I didn't mean a total meltdown. But lack of support and longer release dates for quality checks are already happening. The latter really isn't bad but it means less games in the long run.

The latter really isn't bad but it means less games in the long run.
    But if "less games" means fewer crap titles, even if by a small factor, and more good to great ones, isn't that a good thing, even if the development cycles are longer?

-----
    Words to|live by

Yes you are.
    Exactly.

That sounds like a lot of new material. Game will probably be delayed.

Any idea why the disc version of NSLU won't come out for 2 months following the DLC? I really want to disc version, but I'm not sure I could take the two month wait.

woot21 out dawgs
    As always, they want you to buy digital. I'm assuming they're hoping the people who really want the game badly and would usually buy it physically will bite the bullet and buy the digital copy instead of waiting.

Always-online would drive people away. I don't think anyone who didn't care about it being always-online would be driven away by his comments. He didn't do anything other than piss off the people who were already pissed off and not going to buy the console.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

But if "less games" means fewer crap titles, even if by a small factor, and more good to great ones, isn't that a good thing, even if the development cycles are longer?
    I suppose. I'm all for good game. But I don't think these systems will last too long with out constant releases, or at least the rate that games were released for the Wii. I suppose that will be covered by movie tie-ins and such.

I've been annoyed with Miiverse lately. There are awesome people on there who make awesome art or just need some tips on games...but lately all I've been encountering are younger kids flooding Miiverse with spam

Anyways to my point...I just got banned for two weeks after correcting a person who was insulting fat people in a post with a sex joke in it. I also corrected a "girl" asking who wants to Wii U Chat and see her in only her "fav shirt". Apparently sarcastically saying have fun stripping on Wii U Chat is ban worthy but not saying hurtful things about fat people and trying to be risque on Wii U Chat?

Is there a way to contact Nintendo about overturning a ban? I've seen other users somehow overturn a ban...although I'll probably barely use Miiverse anymore if it keeps up like this.

*Edit*
    Update: I went back on and checked both users. The one insulting fat people got banned, but somehow the Wii U Chat girl is still there. Better yet, she made ANOTHER post saying, and I quote "wii u chat anyone im 17. Im tw€rking come see"
    Last edited by TheFonz; 21st May 2013 at 6:45 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I usually ignore replying to those people, but I watch from the shadows how others FOOLISHLY reply back with insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That sounds like a lot of new material. Game will probably be delayed.
    No it's not, that's all we know!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Is there a way to contact Nintendo about overturning a ban? I've seen other users somehow overturn a ban...although I'll probably barely use Miiverse anymore if it keeps up like this.
    In personal opinion, I would grin and bare it. It's all nonsense up there anyways.

I suppose. I'm all for good game. But I don't think these systems will last too long with out constant releases, or at least the rate that games were released for the Wii. I suppose that will be covered by movie tie-ins and such.
    That's what DLC and owning multiple systems are for.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st May 2013 at 9:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    have fun stripping on Wii U Chat
    I would grin and bare it
    Do you people talk about things other than stripping? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Do you people talk about things other than stripping? Jesus.
    This forum is so dirty.

Hey, guys. We can all breathe again.

EA is making Wii U games
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Hey, guys. We can all breathe again.

EA is making Wii U games
    I thought I smelled something in the air... it smelled like burnt bacon.

Aka not giving any F's about EA.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 130 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast