Page 135 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    The original is the closest thing you get. It lacks air dodging, up and down throws and side specials. The hitstun is also insanely long. I still managed to put in some 250 hours or so but once I played Melee and Brawl the step backwards in quality and content is too great. To be fair, this was on the N64 and its budget was relatively miniscule, so its unfair to compare it to its sequels.
    It's also the first game in the series, it makes sense that it's going to lack features.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    The original is the closest thing you get. It lacks air dodging, up and down throws and side specials. The hitstun is also insanely long. I still managed to put in some 250 hours or so but once I played Melee and Brawl the step backwards in quality and content is too great. To be fair, this was on the N64 and its budget was relatively miniscule, so its unfair to compare it to its sequels.
    Well, yeah. That's a given. Of course you'd have to look at it in the context of when it was released. And at the time, given we weren't spoiled by the superior mechanics of the sequels, it certainly was a blast, even if for no other reason then the sheer novelty of getting to see characters from different franchises beat the crap out of each other.

Good times.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's also the first game in the series, it makes sense that it's going to lack features.
    Wasn't it also a low budget game compared to the others?

But yeah, the first isn't going to think of everything.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Wasn't it also a low budget game compared to the others?

But yeah, the first isn't going to think of everything.
    I wouldn't know the answer to that, but as you said it's impossible to think of everything that could be useful your first time around.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I wouldn't know the answer to that, but as you said it's impossible to think of everything that could be useful your first time around.
    As was evidenced by how horrible Gen 1 Pokemon mechanics were. But that's another can of worms altogether.

In any event, I do have high hopes for SSB4, the new 3D Mario, Pikmin 3... and pretty much all of the upcoming Wii U titles. But then again, it may be because we're a bit first-party starved on the Wii U at the moment.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

First 1:30 of video

It's a did you know gaming. Take it however you want. It does seem that Melee was a huge step up from the original though.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

http://gamingbolt.com/retro-studios-...star-tropics-u

My heart wishes for it to be real, but I'm not fully convinced until I get some proper confirmation.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Might be cool, wouldn't get exited about it, neogaf is known for fake leaks.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Might be cool, wouldn't get exited about it, neogaf is known for fake leaks.
    Fair enough. I'm just getting it out there.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Star Tropics doesn't sound like an ideal game for Retro to be working on, and the idea doesn't excite me much, but it would pretty much be a full reboot like Kid Icarus: Uprising was. Who knows what they could be able to do if they worked on that kind of game.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I seriously would be very happy with a new Prime-style Metroid game. The Prime trilogy was just so good.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

But Star Tropics was crap.

Speaking of rumors anyone else saw the rumored UBI race game "the crew”? I am asking cause with asscreed and watch dogs being ported its likely it would too. Mostly cause if true then the wii u gets another racing game and I'm dying for something besides most wanted by xmas. Sure MK8 will be out but thats not much for single player.

Honestly, I'm hoping that "old Nintendo IP" reboot is F-Zero. This is mainly since they've said that there has been considering making an F-Zero game for the Wii U plus the fact the fans want it.

I mean, The series is perfect for a system such as the Wii U since it's going to be futuristing racing in HD. That plus the fact Captain Falcon and the whole series in HD would be EPIC to see and it's possible for Nintendo to it in the first place. This is because they eve came out and said it just here recently. And, It'd be a sure seller since ya know, "If you built it, they'll come" or in this case "If you make it, they'll buy it".

Smashin' !

Doubt it's going to be F-Zero, since Miyamoto said himself that he wasn't aware the fans wanted more F-Zero just last year, and I highly doubt he'd say that if retro had already been working on an F-Zero game for a few years at that point.

Retro or not no way would they give us MK8 and f-zero this year. Not even with a year apart even. As for retro not metroid and def not startropics. Either Starfox or something really obscure...like takamaru. I mean why else would they put it in nintyland but no kirby pokemon and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Retro or not no way would they give us MK8 and f-zero this year. Not even with a year apart even. As for retro not metroid and def not startropics. Either Starfox or something really obscure...like takamaru. I mean why else would they put it in nintyland but no kirby pokemon and so on.
    Ohh, I would love a takamaru game, it would probably be similar to kid icarus in the sense of an unknown franchise rebooted by a crossover.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Kid Icarus had no crossover unless you mean Pit's reintroduction in brawl, then yes it would be similar. But yeah something tells me everything cept DK, luigi's mansion, and game&watch is getting a wiiu outing by the end of 2014 or early 2015
    BLAH

But yeah something tells me everything cept DK, luigi's mansion, and game&watch is getting a wiiu outing by the end of 2014 or early 2015
    That's a lot of games in a short timespan...

That's a lot of games in a short timespan...
    Mario, yoshi,and zelda are this year with mario u, yarn yoshi, and wwhd respectively. If a takumaru game were happening it would be in 2014 with metroid, starfox, and/or f-zero with animal crossing in 2015. Dunno about balloon fighter though, maybe an eShop experiment. But yeah, with 3 characters covered this year, all 9 having games out by 2015 isn't saying much.
    BLAH

Mario, yoshi,and zelda are this year with mario u, yarn yoshi, and wwhd respectively. If a takumaru game were happening it would be in 2014 with metroid, starfox, and/or f-zero with animal crossing in 2015. Dunno about balloon fighter though, maybe an eShop experiment. But yeah, with 3 characters covered this year, all 9 having games out by 2015 isn't saying much.
    That's saying quite a bit, that's only a two year span.

Fair enough but without a load of 3rd party support nintendo need to fill in their release schedule. Only thing that would make me doubtful is their abysmal HD development times which is why they are a bit behind.
    BLAH

Fair enough but without a load of 3rd party support nintendo need to fill in their release schedule. Only thing that would make me doubtful is their abysmal HD development times which is why they are a bit behind.
    Even if there isn't a lot of third party support, Nintendo's not going to rush their games out the door.

...Which is why I mentioned there poor efforts with dev times. As I stated its the one and only thing killing my theory.
    BLAH

Even if there isn't a lot of third party support, Nintendo's not going to rush their games out the door.
    Didn't stop them before during the Gamecube era.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 135 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast