Page 137 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4413

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #3401
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You don't say.
    He's back and better than ever.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #3402
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Besides, He wouldn't tell if she was in the next Smash Bros if he was involved with it. That is because Game Developers don't drop the info about their game or things in their games before it is revealed.
    Next week... in game magazines...

  3. #3403
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Next week... in game magazines...
    "next week....in game stores" was my favorite KamiyaTrollTweet TM

  4. #3404

    Default

    Tom (from Nintendo!) pretty much confirmed in his Miiverse posts that they're working on a photo attachment feature for Miiverse use.

  5. #3405
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Tom (from Nintendo!) pretty much confirmed in his Miiverse posts that they're working on a photo attachment feature for Miiverse use.
    Which means we'll finally be able to bring photos from our USB/SD Cards to our Wii U like we could with the Wii! Or if that won't happen, we may be able to download images from the browser and view them through a gallery app?

  6. #3406
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Which means we'll finally be able to bring photos from our USB/SD Cards to our Wii U like we could with the Wii! Or if that won't happen, we may be able to download images from the browser and view them through a gallery app?
    Possibly not, could likely just be for screenshots or photos you take using the GamePad.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #3407

    Default

    KH 3 is hitting Xbox One but not wii U. This what?! Don't Japanese games fail hard on Xbox? This...is...ughhhh!

  8. #3408
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    KH 3 is hitting Xbox One but not wii U. This what?! Don't Japanese games fail hard on Xbox? This...is...ughhhh!
    It's also coming out on PS4. It can't run on Wii U, so it's not being released there.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #3409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's also coming out on PS4. It can't run on Wii U, so it's not being released there.
    But couldn't it be downscaled?

    I mean I like what Sony showed so I'll get PS4 too but I'm sure some people can only afford one system

  10. #3410
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    But couldn't it be downscaled?

    I mean I like what Sony showed so I'll get PS4 too but I'm sure some people can only afford one system
    The engine would have to be completely redone in order to run on the Wii U. It's the same thing that happened with the Wii.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #3411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The engine would have to be completely redone in order to run on the Wii U. It's the same thing that happened with the Wii.
    Ahh hopefully this won't hurt that many 3rd party games in the future as much as it did with Wii but I guess with wii not being HD that hurt it more.

  12. #3412
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Is it sad that the only game I'm really excited for on the Wii U is Sonic Lost World?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  13. #3413
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Maybe this belongs in the direct thread but seeing that its a 3 day thing proper discussion belongs here.
    I don't get the World hate. 3D land is great stuff but it lacked scale and console polish. To get that is the best thing to happen to its playstyle. Not to mention it does wonders for cross plaform promotion. This along with ssb and MK8 adress the mini nintendo feel the handhelds deserve. Hating 3D land could obfuscate this decision, so perhaps thats why there is distaste towards it.
    BLAH

  14. #3414
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    UGH SSB4 LOOKS SO GOOD. On the main website you can see some screenshots with the stages and some of the characters' moves, what do you think? I'm seeing Animal Crossing, Mushroom Kingdom, Spirit Tracks, Pokemon Stadium, Mega Man, Skyloft (Skyward Sword), and some stage with the Smash Bros logo on some flags and castle ruins and stuff.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  15. #3415
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I don't get the World hate. 3D land is great stuff but it lacked scale and console polish. To get that is the best thing to happen to its playstyle. Not to mention it does wonders for cross plaform promotion. This along with ssb and MK8 adress the mini nintendo feel the handhelds deserve. Hating 3D land could obfuscate this decision, so perhaps thats why there is distaste towards it.
    Making sequels to games that have already come out 2-3 years ago doesn't really do much to sell the Wii U as a next gen console capable of innovative new gameplay styles. It's not a bad game, certainly, but not something you should be using to promote a next gen console. Most of the games shown lack innovation (from what we've been shown), they're not doing anything with the Wii U's new features like the Gamepad's touch screen, gyroscope, etc. Hell, if cross platform gameplay is the direction they want to go in, they should've at least shown off some cross platform features with other games. Putting out rehashy sequels to recent games isn't really doing them any favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #3416
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Making sequels to games that have already come out 2-3 years ago doesn't really do much to sell the Wii U as a next gen console capable of innovative new gameplay styles. It's not a bad game, certainly, but not something you should be using to promote a next gen console. Most of the games shown lack innovation (from what we've been shown), they're not doing anything with the Wii U's new features like the Gamepad's touch screen, gyroscope, etc. Hell, if cross platform gameplay is the direction they want to go in, they should've at least shown off some cross platform features with other games. Putting out rehashy sequels to recent games isn't really doing them any favors.
    It makes sense business wise. A lot of 3DS owners are probably new to nintendo, and thus MK8 and 3D World build upon what they have on offer there to hook em in. Meanwhile for older fans the game features stars. Something tells me that each level will feature star objectives, and offer multiple paths for each one. Star objectives are very different from coins so this is hardly a rehash.
    MK8 is MK not much they can do but expand.
    And I said promotion not features. Stuff like lost world will likely happen with later iterations, but for now giving us bite size versions is enough. Create awareness of franchise on handheld, greatly expand on console. Its not cashing in at all.
    BLAH

  17. #3417
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Posting for DKC Tropical Freeze love.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  18. #3418
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Posting for DKC Tropical Freeze love.
    That's looking pretty good, and since it likely wont have waggle, I might pick it up.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #3419
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Meanwhile for older fans the game features stars. Something tells me that each level will feature star objectives, and offer multiple paths for each one. Star objectives are very different from coins so this is hardly a rehash.
    I haven't seen anything in the gameplay to suggest this, in fact we can clearly see that the flagpole still marks the end of the level, so I doubt they will include Power Stars as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    And I said promotion not features. Stuff like lost world will likely happen with later iterations, but for now giving us bite size versions is enough. Create awareness of franchise on handheld, greatly expand on console. Its not cashing in at all.
    No, features are still important, especially if said features are the only things that really improve the gameplay. If they had integrated stuff like the Gamepad touch screen or gyroscopic movement into the gameplay, that would've been fine. Those features would've added something innovative to the gameplay and would've done something to prove that the Wii U is worth buying. What's the point in wasting so much resources on the Gamepad if you're not going to take advantage of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #3420
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Bah, now that I've seen more of Mario Kart 8, I'm really impressed. The tracks look expansive and very cool now that the hovercrafts are in. A lot can be done.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  21. #3421
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Bah, now that I've seen more of Mario Kart 8, I'm really impressed. The tracks look expansive and very cool now that the hovercrafts are in. A lot can be done.
    I wonder if they gave us the anti-gravity thing in place of an F-Zero. It's somewhat reminiscent of it, minus the fact you're not going 1000+ KM/H. The fact they've got it running at 60 FPS is nice as well.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #3422
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    I'm excited for Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and obviously Super Smash Bros for the Wii U. So this year my Wii U wishlist is just Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Cloudberry Kingdom and Rayman Legends. At least I won't be broke by the end of this year.

  23. #3423
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Huge problem. I've been on Miiverse a lot today talking about E3 stuff and suddenly I just got a message from Miiverse Admin...saying that my ability to write messages and post to communities has been permanently restricted because of violated the Code of Conduct.

    None of my posts from today have been deleted yet I get a perma ban? Can anybody help me out with who I contact to get an answer about this? And of course this comes after hearing I can't go to Best Buy tomorrow. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  24. #3424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Huge problem. I've been on Miiverse a lot today talking about E3 stuff and suddenly I just got a message from Miiverse Admin...saying that my ability to write messages and post to communities has been permanently restricted because of violated the Code of Conduct.

    None of my posts from today have been deleted yet I get a perma ban? Can anybody help me out with who I contact to get an answer about this? And of course this comes after hearing I can't go to Best Buy tomorrow. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it
    Okay, what's the last thing that could be considered heinous of your part in one of your posts?

  25. #3425
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    I had two comments removed over a day ago saying "You need better taste" and "Nobody cares". If those were the last straws, then I should have been perma banned yesterday. Yet I've been talking with other users about today's Direct(you know the guys who expected everything and got disappointed) and I only get banned now.

    Probably a bunch of sore brats falsely reporting me, especially since I haven't had any other messages from the Miiverse Admim about specific comments

    ^What I mean by that is I haven't had any comments deleted since those two, since if they violate some rule, it gets deleted
    Last edited by TheFonz; 12th June 2013 at 6:22 AM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 137 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •