Page 138 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4414

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Posting for DKC Tropical Freeze love.
    In all honesty, aside from Smash, that's what was shown that I'm looking the most forward to. Me and my brother loved and played the heck out of Returns. Ice themed vikings though...creative and I'm not looking forward to ice physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I wonder if they gave us the anti-gravity thing in place of an F-Zero. It's somewhat reminiscent of it, minus the fact you're not going 1000+ KM/H. The fact they've got it running at 60 FPS is nice as well.
    Captain Falcon for Mario Kart 8 roster? As long as the online multiplayer's good and kart customization is back, I'll be happy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I haven't seen anything in the gameplay to suggest this, in fact we can clearly see that the flagpole still marks the end of the level, so I doubt they will include Power Stars as well.

No, features are still important, especially if said features are the only things that really improve the gameplay. If they had integrated stuff like the Gamepad touch screen or gyroscopic movement into the gameplay, that would've been fine. Those features would've added something innovative to the gameplay and would've done something to prove that the Wii U is worth buying. What's the point in wasting so much resources on the Gamepad if you're not going to take advantage of it?
    I stand corrected but still right. Green power stars are in. Much like SMG 2 they're hidden in tricky places. Still though its better than coins.
    And watch the dev vid. The gyroscope controls the camera, the touch screen reveals hidden coins. Hardly amazing stuff but its enough.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I had two comments removed over a day ago saying "You need better taste" and "Nobody cares". If those were the last straws, then I should have been perma banned yesterday. Yet I've been talking with other users about today's Direct(you know the guys who expected everything and got disappointed) and I only get banned now.

Probably a bunch of sore brats falsely reporting me, especially since I haven't had any other messages from the Miiverse Admim about specific comments

^What I mean by that is I haven't had any comments deleted since those two, since if they violate some rule, it gets deleted
    If you care so much about Miiverse then email Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    In all honesty, aside from Smash, that's what was shown that I'm looking the most forward to. Me and my brother loved and played the heck out of Returns. Ice themed vikings though...creative and I'm not looking forward to ice physics.

Captain Falcon for Mario Kart 8 roster? As long as the online multiplayer's good and kart customization is back, I'll be happy.
    From the looks of it the customization is coming back. It looked like the karts had some of the different parts that were in MK7.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I stand corrected but still right. Green power stars are in. Much like SMG 2 they're hidden in tricky places. Still though its better than coins.
    And watch the dev vid. The gyroscope controls the camera, the touch screen reveals hidden coins. Hardly amazing stuff but its enough.
    That's the thing, though, we need to see the "amazing stuff" at this point. If Nintendo wants to sell the Wii U, they need to show how those things affect the gameplay in more drastic and innovative ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

That's the thing, though, we need to see the "amazing stuff" at this point. If Nintendo wants to sell the Wii U, they need to show how those things affect the gameplay in more drastic and innovative ways.
    Why can't we just be content with getting new and prettier games? That's what it was like all the way all the way up to the Wii, and the way that the other systems handle everything. Why do we need to waggle in some new way to make something "innovative"?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Why don't you work for nintendo hydro? Seriously, waggle was an interesting idea, but it was overrated.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Why don't you work for nintendo hydro? Seriously, waggle was an interesting idea, but it was overrated.
    I wouldn't say it was overrated, but overused. There were a lot of instances where a button press would have been more than sufficient, but instead you had to wave a controller around.

I wouldn't say it was overrated, but overused. There were a lot of instances where a button press would have been more than sufficient, but instead you had to wave a controller around.
    Yeah, it looked kinda ridiculous to people watching others play, it was almost kinda embarrassing to stand up and flail your arms around

Why can't we just be content with getting new and prettier games? That's what it was like all the way all the way up to the Wii, and the way that the other systems handle everything. Why do we need to waggle in some new way to make something "innovative"?
    The games aren't really new or prettier, though, they look exactly like games we can play on the 3DS or the Wii in terms of graphics and mechanics. Aside from adding in extra characters which we've seen before (which doesn't really do much to make the games feel new), there aren't really any real changes to the gameplay. They've done virtually nothing to show the Wii U's potential, it simply looks like more of the same things we've seen from Nintendo for the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The games aren't really new or prettier, though, they look exactly like games we can play on the 3DS or the Wii in terms of graphics and mechanics.
    I'm not sure what you're looking at, but the visual difference between a Wii U game and 3DS or Wii game is like night and day.

I'm not sure what you're looking at, but the visual difference between a Wii U game and 3DS or Wii game is like night and day.
    I think he means art style.

So I just got back from the Nintendo Wii U E3 demo thing at Best Buy. Played Super Mario 3D World for five minutes, then got shooed off, watched a guy and his brother play Mario Kart for a half hour (they got to play a whole cup), then the next guy played Wind Waker HD for about 20 minutes.

I feel ripped off and I didn't even pay for anything.

What was the luigi swag?

What was the luigi swag?
    http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205022

Looks like cool stuff, but I'll wait until the games shown at Best Buy come out to play them.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    So I just got back from the Nintendo Wii U E3 demo thing at Best Buy. Played Super Mario 3D World for five minutes, then got shooed off, watched a guy and his brother play Mario Kart for a half hour (they got to play a whole cup), then the next guy played Wind Waker HD for about 20 minutes.

At the store I went to they adhered to the sign-up sheet perfectly, except everyone after my friends and I disappeared so we got the last 40 minutes all to ourselves.

What was the luigi swag?
    They had hats, I didn't get one unfortunately. Might go back on Saturday. It's a good match for my Mario one.

At the store I went to they adhered to the sign-up sheet perfectly, except everyone after my friends and I disappeared so we got the last 40 minutes all to ourselves.
    They did that at the one I went to as well. They just didn't care that playing Mario Kart took 6x as long as playing anything else, and considered it one turn. We literally did one level, and the Nintendo rep didn't even let us choose the level, we had to play 2-1. Everyone voted beforehand (we weren't the first ones to go up and play, we saw the guys playing Mario world before us only got to play one level) and we wanted to play the boss battle. NOPE.

We complained and got pushed to the back of the line. Or whatever, I left because the next open spot was at 7:45 and it was only 4:30.

They did that at the one I went to as well. They just didn't care that playing Mario Kart took 6x as long as playing anything else, and considered it one turn. We literally did one level, and the Nintendo rep didn't even let us choose the level, we had to play 2-1. Everyone voted beforehand (we weren't the first ones to go up and play, we saw the guys playing Mario world before us only got to play one level) and we wanted to play the boss battle. NOPE.

We complained and got pushed to the back of the line. Or whatever, I left because the next open spot was at 7:45 and it was only 4:30.
    Everyone had 15 minutes where I was, they let you play that whole time but once it was up you had to stop, regardless of where you might be or what you might be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Posting for DKC Tropical Freeze love.
    Agreed, I'm curious who the mysterious fourth playable character is watch it be King K. Rool teaming up with DK to get his island back and then pull a Hijack of the villainous plot.

Glad Dixie's back, been missing her and I've been wondering how they'd pull her off.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Well that'd suck. I'm hoping these Best Buy demos make their way to the rest of the world, I'm dead curious to see what these games look like on the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Well that'd suck. I'm hoping these Best Buy demos make their way to the rest of the world, I'm dead curious to see what these games look like on the Wii U.
    As much as I would like these demos available around the world, I just don't think they will be.

I wish they would just release the demos on the eshop.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    As much as I would like these demos available around the world, I just don't think they will be.

I wish they would just release the demos on the eshop.
    I do as well, it's a lot easier to play in my house than at a store, standing up a foot away from a TV with the GamePad chained to it.

Having a hard time deciding if I should get Deus Ex for PS3 since it is free on PS3 or wait for the remade version on Wii U. From what I heard the game is really broken and the boss fights are even worse on the PS3 one

Dude, its free, if its really broken or you really liked it get the wii u version later.

Dude, its free, if its really broken or you really liked it get the wii u version later.
    Yeah that is what I was thinking. It is not like the Wii U won't be getting games from here on out. Was not sure if it was as broken as Sonic 06 and should wait however

I'm starting to look forward to Super Mario 3D World
    But my concern on is how will the Wii U will get back on top with the sales? I just don't want Nintendo to do the same thing as Sega did with Dreamcast. (Why did Sega gave up on Hardware gaming? and why Nintendo should stay with hardware gaming?) I am also hoping to see a bright future with the Wii U with Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. But it's going to be a killer for waiting for 2014 titles like Mario Kart 8 and Monolith Soft's X and Super Smash Bros 4 and maybe Zelda Wii U!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Page 138 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast