Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm not sure what you're looking at, but the visual difference between a Wii U game and 3DS or Wii game is like night and day.
    All right, after looking at comparison screenshots, I see it now. But the difference is barely noticeable until you check out a side by side comparison. The upgrade in graphics doesn't really do as much as say, the difference between 64 and Sunshine. I rolled my eyes when they started talking about the amount of detail they put into DK's fur in Tropical Freeze, that's the kind of thing that you wouldn't really pick up on unless you were really paying attention to DK during the game. Nintendo (and the rest of the industry as well) would do well to stop emphasizing the difference in graphics in their games unless the difference is instantly visible, and none of the games I saw on any console recently have done that.

In terms of graphics, though, jonman 721 may be onto something about the art style, I think the current art style is also limiting the ability for Mario games to look more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I'm starting to look forward to Super Mario 3D World
    But my concern on is how will the Wii U will get back on top with the sales? I just don't want Nintendo to do the same thing as Sega did with Dreamcast. (Why did Sega gave up on Hardware gaming? and why Nintendo should stay with hardware gaming?) I am also hoping to see a bright future with the Wii U with Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. But it's going to be a killer for waiting for 2014 titles like Mario Kart 8 and Monolith Soft's X and Super Smash Bros 4 and maybe Zelda Wii U!
    What Wii U needs is a game like Galaxy, something with unique and innovative gameplay that takes full advantage of the Wii U's assets to create a new experience that defines next generation gameplay. I was hoping that the games announced on Tuesday would do just that, but they turned out to be soulless retreads of games we've already played before.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    All right, after looking at comparison screenshots, I see it now. But the difference is barely noticeable until you check out a side by side comparison. The upgrade in graphics doesn't really do as much as say, the difference between 64 and Sunshine. I rolled my eyes when they started talking about the amount of detail they put into DK's fur in Tropical Freeze, that's the kind of thing that you wouldn't really pick up on unless you were really paying attention to DK during the game. Nintendo (and the rest of the industry as well) would do well to stop emphasizing the difference in graphics in their games unless the difference is instantly visible, and none of the games I saw on any console recently have done that.

In terms of graphics, though, jonman 721 may be onto something about the art style, I think the current art style is also limiting the ability for Mario games to look more realistic.
    I'm really not sure how you're not noticing this sort of thing. You go watch the Metal Gear trailer and come back and just try to tell me that it's not amazing. All the while keeping in mind that they're planning on improving the visuals before it releases on PS4 and Xbox One.

What Wii U needs is a game like Galaxy, something with unique and innovative gameplay that takes full advantage of the Wii U's assets to create a new experience that defines next generation gameplay. I was hoping that the games announced on Tuesday would do just that, but they turned out to be soulless retreads of games we've already played before.
    Retreads? Maybe. Soulless? I don't think that's accurate at all.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 13th June 2013 at 11:06 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What Wii U needs is a game like Galaxy, something with unique and innovative gameplay
    Says the guy who is on record complaining that Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were "too linear", "didn't allow for enough exploration" and were a step back.

Which is it?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for SM3DW. Imo, the graphics are perfect for a 3D world game on a HD console, and that's what they were aiming for (the game was an absolute gem on the 3DS). I was actually hoping for a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy 3, or even a brand new open ended Mario title, but I wasn't really disappointed.

I do understand how people have really high expectations for Nintendo 1st-parties though, more so given the Wii U's capabilities. C'mon guys, don't fret. Mario Kart 8 (or Mario Kart Infinity as I'd like to call it) looks amazing. I find no problem with any of the 3rd party games either.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    I do understand how people have really high expectations for Nintendo 1st-parties though, more so given the Wii U's capabilities. C'mon guys, don't fret. Mario Kart 8 (or Mario Kart Infinity as I'd like to call it) looks amazing. I find no problem with any of the 3rd party games either.
    It plays amazing as well. Kind of wondering if they made any changes to bikes though, since they kind of overshadowed the actual Karts in MK Wii.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Says the guy who is on record complaining that Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were "too linear", "didn't allow for enough exploration" and were a step back.

Which is it?
    I stopped caring about the lack of exploration in Galaxy years ago. You must have incredible memory.

And I don't want a Galaxy 3, if that's what you mean. What I'm saying is I want something new and different, what Galaxy was when it was first released. Also like what 64 and Sunshine did for the N64 and Gamecube.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I turned my disappointment around on SM3DW because the game looks sill fun and I'm sure Nintendo will have something to make it up for Lack of Open World like feel!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I turned my disappointment around on SM3DW because the game looks sill fun and I'm sure Nintendo will have something to make it up for Lack of Open World like feel!
    3D Land had a more "open world" feel than Galaxy, unless you're talking about the Power Star collecting structure. Although 3D World does bring back Green Stars as collectibles (I assume they're like Star Coins).

Retreads? Maybe. Soulless? I don't think that's accurate at all.
    I agree with this, retreads they may be but it doesn't mean that they're soulless cash-ins either. There's more to them then you're giving them credit for.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I stopped caring about the lack of exploration in Galaxy years ago. You must have incredible memory.

And I don't want a Galaxy 3, if that's what you mean. What I'm saying is I want something new and different, what Galaxy was when it was first released. Also like what 64 and Sunshine did for the N64 and Gamecube.
    Give it time yet, the Wii U hasn't been around that long. There's still plenty of time for another Mario game.

Give it time yet, the Wii U hasn't been around that long. There's still plenty of time for another Mario game.
    IDK about that, I don't think the Wii U can really afford to go without a game of that scale for very long. Without many third parties supporting it, there's not much going for it that would generate interest in the console.

IDK about that, I don't think the Wii U can really afford to go without a game of that scale for very long. Without many third parties supporting it, there's not much going for it that would generate interest in the console.
    You're one of the only ones uninterested. Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World will generate plenty of interest all on their own.

1. The difference is night and day between World and land. Geometry is much more basic and the textures along with a much more muted color palette give it a console polish Land will never get. Lighting is phenomenatl as well with lots of subtlies the 3DS cant' manage.
    2. The game is inventive enough. Call me crazy but the introduction of flag posts to the 3D series is great. Collecting stars for doing certain things was fun, sure, but in the end it was just another carrot. Having the pure level feel of 2D mario in 3D married with the obvious benefit of exploration and openess is a right decision otherwise nintendo wouldn't be doing it.
    3. Land was the fastest selling Mario in ages and that's with all the negetivity of the 3DS facing it. There is definitely gonna be demand for it.
    BLAH

Just found out something cool in the Wara Wara Plaza, the Miis that hang around the SSB area can do exercises from Wii Fit if they're not doing anything for a while. Probably because of that reveal of the *cough*Wii Fit Trainer*cough* as a new character from you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Just found out something cool in the Wara Wara Plaza, the Miis that hang around the SSB area can do exercises from Wii Fit if they're not doing anything for a while. Probably because of that reveal of the *cough*Wii Fit Trainer*cough* as a new character from you know what.
    Don't the Miis in Wara Wara Plaza just randomly do stretches?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

After finally seeing 3D world on a PC, demo stations, trailer, the works.......everyone's outta their god damn minds more then I though. The multiplayer is great looking, and the level design is definitely much larger then what Land offers.
    BLAH

3D Land had a more "open world" feel than Galaxy, unless you're talking about the Power Star collecting structure. Although 3D World does bring back Green Stars as collectibles (I assume they're like Star Coins).
    3D Land was probably the most linear of all the 3D games, on account of being a marriage between 2D and 3D Mario games. I don't remember a single level in 3D land focused upon exploration, at least to the extent of places like the Beach Bowl Galaxy.

I do have to say I am slightly disappointed that the flagpole is back again, since in the Galaxy games they were able to play around with the level objective and make new ideas out of that such as Silver Stars or the placement of some Green Stars in Galaxy 2. However, Nintendo seems reluctant to do anything special with the location of the flagpole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    After finally seeing 3D world on a PC, demo stations, trailer, the works.......everyone's outta their god damn minds more then I though. The multiplayer is great looking, and the level design is definitely much larger then what Land offers.
    Having played the multiplayer, it's absolutely infuriating. Though I've always disliked the multiplayer since it was added in NSMB Wii.

Having played the multiplayer, it's absolutely infuriating. Though I've always disliked the multiplayer since it was added in NSMB Wii.
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of. It looked great in a chaotic way, but playing it is another beast entirely. Damn.
    BLAH

Nintendo showed a lot of great games at E3, too bad the majority won't launch for a few months or until 2014.

Hopefully they'll show something else they kept a secret in the next Nintendo Direct, I'm still starving for news.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Don't the Miis in Wara Wara Plaza just randomly do stretches?
    I've seen them partying, talking, sitting and a few other things but I haven't seen them doing stretches like what I saw, and they only did stretches in the SSB area of the Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    I've seen them partying, talking, sitting and a few other things but I haven't seen them doing stretches like what I saw, and they only did stretches in the SSB area of the Plaza.
    I wonder if it was just a coincidence then because I'm pretty sure I've seen them do stretches around other communities. Speaking of which, would be nice if there was an option to put whatever communities you wanted in Wara Wara Plaza.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Got to try Mario 3D World today and it is more fun then I thought it would be. It is like a fusion of 3D Land and 64. Really fun

I played Mario Kart 8 at the Best Buy. I had fun, but I noticed that either the drifting or the motion controls bit me in the butt. I did beat my friend though. I especially liked the Boo mansion course.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Now that i have seen all the AWESOME games coming for wii u i need to get one ASAP, but the ps4 is coming so idk what to get i like Nintendo better that Sony but Kingdom hearts beats Donkey Kong anyday
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast