Page 140 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Played MK8 with a friend at Best Buy. Beat him pretty badly, even while using gyro controls. Got myself a MK racing flag with Luigi on it, as well as a really cool Year of Luigi Coin. My friend got a flag as well for participating, though his had a Mario print on it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I played Mario Kart 8 at the Best Buy. I had fun, but I noticed that either the drifting or the motion controls bit me in the butt. I did beat my friend though. I especially liked the Boo mansion course.
    I actually did pretty well with the motion controls, better than the GamePad. I found the GamePad too large to use comfortably.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of. It looked great in a chaotic way, but playing it is another beast entirely. Damn.
    For what it's worth, I played it too, and I found it to be quite fun. It's a lot more accessible than it was in the side-scrolling games because of the 3D space to move around in.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    For what it's worth, I played it too, and I found it to be quite fun. It's a lot more accessible than it was in the side-scrolling games because of the 3D space to move around in.
    That much is a given, but when the 3D areas become smaller in terms of safe ground compared to 2D multiplayer it does look a bit messy. Take the world six demo level, with bullet bills flying about and not a lot of wiggle room, everyone clawing their way to safety was too mad cap to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    That much is a given, but when the 3D areas become smaller in terms of safe ground compared to 2D multiplayer it does look a bit messy. Take the world six demo level, with bullet bills flying about and not a lot of wiggle room, everyone clawing their way to safety was too mad cap to follow.
    Well yeah, that's obviously true. I still think the co-op works better in this game than it did previously, but it's probably best suited for lighter play in earlier levels.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I bought the New Super Luigi U DLC 9 hours ago and it's still downloading, even if it's only around 733mb! (It's at 78% as of this post.) Do eshop downloads take this long normally or is my Wii U not configured properly to the internet? It's definitely not my internet since my Wii U's the only device here which is taking forever to download whereas my phone and computer are having no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    I bought the New Super Luigi U DLC 9 hours ago and it's still downloading, even if it's only around 733mb! (It's at 78% as of this post.) Do eshop downloads take this long normally or is my Wii U not configured properly to the internet? It's definitely not my internet since my Wii U's the only device here which is taking forever to download whereas my phone and computer are having no problems at all.
    9 hours!? Far out, are you sure it's not your internet? Personally I'm waiting till the retail release of NSLU just for the box art as I'm a little tired of 2D mario after just playing through NSMBU for a second time recently. I'm prepared to wait a month.
    Last edited by Jirachi9; 22nd June 2013 at 1:44 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    9 hours!? Far out, are you sure it's not your internet? Personally I'm waiting till the retail release of NSLU just for the box art because I'm a little tired of 2D mario after just playing through NSMBU for a second time recently. I'm prepared to wait a month.
    I'm sure it's not my internet speed wise, but after it downloads (which is probably another 3 hours away) I'll play around with my internet's channels to see if that's the problem but I remember downloading some 700mb file which may have been the Trine 2 demo a few months ago and it downloaded in 15 minutes.
    I'm the opposite of what you've been doing, I haven't played NSMBU for a while now and I feel like NSLU will get me back into it, if it actually downloads!

I'm sure it's not my internet speed wise, but after it downloads (which is probably another 3 hours away) I'll play around with my internet's channels to see if that's the problem but I remember downloading some 700mb file which may have been the Trine 2 demo a few months ago and it downloaded in 15 minutes.
    I'm the opposite of what you've been doing, I haven't played NSMBU for a while now and I feel like NSLU will get me back into it, if it actually downloads!
    Could just be the servers, like what happened with the day 1 update.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Could just be the servers, like what happened with the day 1 update.
    I cant fathom what horrors happened that day...
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

You bought it as soon as it was released, there's going to be a lot of people doing the same thing. Server load is high.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I cant fathom what horrors happened that day...
    It was pretty bad.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I bought an eShop card. If I load that onto my Wii U, I can't use any of that amount on my 3DS right (and vice versa)?

Any recommendations on Virtual Console or eShop games or stuff that I should buy? Either on 3DS or Wii U.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    I bought an eShop card. If I load that onto my Wii U, I can't use any of that amount on my 3DS right (and vice versa)?
    Yup, once the code is used, the card is no longer active. This can be applied to any prepaid card.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Any recommendations on Virtual Console or eShop games or stuff that I should buy? Either on 3DS or Wii U.
    We got this thread and this thread for that.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Miiverse keeps expanding. Now the character count has been increased from 100 to 200.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Miiverse keeps expanding. Now the character count has been increased from 100 to 200.
    yeah it's really good. i like how you can talk about the games and ask for help. should be good to see it incorporated more into future games, such as wind waker hd.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Bought a Wii U earlier today. Now, just need to wait for games to come out so I can play them
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Bought a Wii U earlier today. Now, just need to wait for games to come out so I can play them
    Waste your life in Rayman Legends Challenges App. I'm within the best 300 people in the world.

Waste your life in Rayman Legends Challenges App. I'm within the best 300 people in the world.
    I would, but I can't connect to the internet yet. Which sucks
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quick question. I haven't played the first two Pikmin games. Could I still play the 3rd one and be able to figure out what's going on in them?

Quote Originally Posted by RylandFTL View Post
    Quick question. I haven't played the first two Pikmin games. Could I still play the 3rd one and be able to figure out what's going on in them?
    Definitely, there's not really any continuity that I know of. The game will definitely show you how to play as well.

So if your AC Charger for your GamePad's cradle snaps (like it happened to me), Nintendo apparently never thought about selling the AC itself when you buy the cradle/stand combo.

Your only option is Amazon, or that flawed Nyko USB charger that only charges while you're playing, not when you're NOT playing.

So if your AC Charger for your GamePad's cradle snaps (like it happened to me), Nintendo apparently never thought about selling the AC itself when you buy the cradle/stand combo.
    They did, though.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference

How did you manage to "snap the charger"...?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I noticed the in-store demo machines seem to have added about ten more games, including Pikmin 3, but I don't know how many of those actually have gameplay.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They did, though.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference

How did you manage to "snap the charger"...?
    Huh, I didn't think there was a separate store from the other official one they have.

Well, I found out too late that the thin cable part isn't exactly that strong against an accidental vacuum swipe.

I ordered one through Amazon, though. It was seven dollars cheaper.

or that flawed Nyko USB charger that only charges while you're playing, not when you're NOT playing.
    You could just plug it into something else.

Page 140 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast