Page 141 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You could just plug it into something else.
    No no no. That won't do. I like a common one better.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

You don't have USB outlets on your walls?

Do you even 21st century?

Do you even 21st century?
    Sorry. My house lacks those, not to mention the previous owners somehow neglected checking the phone line inside the walls.

You have USB ports in your walls?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Actually, I'm more surprised that these even exist, but I didn't want to say it just to avoid embarrassment. :P

Yes. For charging only, obviously.

Don't most people? They're in plenty of buildings over here and saves you from hunting down an adaptor/turning the computer on!

Yes. For charging only, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
    Don't most people? They're in plenty of buildings over here and saves you from hunting down an adaptor/turning the computer on!
    I've never seen a house with them. Either I've yet to be in a house new enough or the idea has yet to become popular over here. Pretty much every house around here is at least ten years old though, so I'd lean towards that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Are you sure you're not confusing USB ports with Ethernet ports? It's perfectly normal for most homes to have Ethernet ports, but I've never seen wall outlet USB ports in any home or public place for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Are you sure you're not confusing USB ports with Ethernet ports? It's perfectly normal for most homes to have Ethernet ports, but I've never seen wall outlet USB ports in any home or public place for that matter.
    I'm sure they're not, the two are quite a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nope, maybe they will become more common in your area within the next few years.

Nope, maybe they will become more common in your area within the next few years.
    Wait, these exist?
    I thought Clamps was just being sarcastic. Pics or it didn't happen

Electrical sockets aren't set in stone when a house is built, so I'm surprised that I haven't seen this anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Wait, these exist?
    I thought Clamps was just being sarcastic. Pics or it didn't happen

Electrical sockets aren't set in stone when a house is built, so I'm surprised that I haven't seen this anywhere.
    Costs money for something that's purely a convenience, so why bother?

I've never seen a house with them. Either I've yet to be in a house new enough or the idea has yet to become popular over here. Pretty much every house around here is at least ten years old though, so I'd lean towards that.
    You're lucky. Most houses in my area are anywhere between 50-80 years old(maybe even 100). With some remodeling done of course, but nothing drastic. There are some new houses, but they're ridiculous.

Anyways about Wii U...I've been reading up and I'm worried about the scores that sites like IGN give certain videogames. They gave bad reviews on Zombie U, which from what I hear is actually pretty good but it affected sales. Apparently it did so bad that Ubisoft decided to make Rayman multi plat based on that. Or it was at least part of it

Same with Game & Wario. Everyone hates it but I absolutely love it and can't see why someone wouldn't at least enjoy a few parts of it. I thought $40 was a great deal too. So what does everyone think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Same with Game & Wario. Everyone hates it but I absolutely love it and can't see why someone wouldn't at least enjoy a few parts of it. I thought $40 was a great deal too. So what does everyone think about this?
    If you like a game just get it. Reviews are pretty well just the opinion of someone else, they can be a good idea of what a game is like but you shouldn't make a decision solely based on a review.

If you like a game just get it. Reviews are pretty well just the opinion of someone else, they can be a good idea of what a game is like but you shouldn't make a decision solely based on a review.
    That's my point. A bunch of reviewers are giving bad scores for no good reason and that there's a lot of people who listen to the reviews(not me). I feel bad for the games and developers. I don't think Zombie U or Game & Wario are the best games ever made and deserve millions of sales, but they deserve more love than they're getting

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

That's my point. A bunch of reviewers are giving bad scores for no good reason and that there's a lot of people who listen to the reviews(not me). I feel bad for the games and developers. I don't think Zombie U or Game & Wario are the best games ever made and deserve millions of sales, but they deserve more love than they're getting
    They're giving bad scores for good reasons; they don't deserve more love because they're just okay. You like them? Fine, more power to you. Anyways, the avalanche is coming giving more reason to purchase the system.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm sure they're getting the scores they're getting for a reason, whether or not you agree that those reasons are bad or not is another story.

I'm just going to be honest here. As far as E3 was concerned for Nintendo, those games should've been out when the Wii U launched. Nintendo really should've been working on Zelda, Smash Bros and the new Mario game from square one and had them ready to go at launch, instead of almost a year into the console's life cycle. Those are the first-party games that people buy the console for.
    Last edited by SBaby; 10th July 2013 at 8:48 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I'm just going to be honest here. As far as E3 was concerned for Nintendo, those games should've been out when the Wii U launched. Nintendo really should've been working on Zelda, Smash Bros and the new Mario game from square one and had them ready to go at launch, instead of almost a year into the console's life cycle. Those are the first-party games that people buy the console for.
    Making games is not that simple. There are plenty of games ready at this point so why bother delaying the launch of the console for another year or two while waiting for some more games to finish development?

Making games is not that simple.
    This is the excuse everyone brings up. 'Oh, the games take a long time to make.' It's 2013. Everyone in the industry should know this by now. I am so sick and tired of hearing it, and this excuse isn't going to sell the console once they're competing against the other next-gen consoles. Now don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo. I grew up with it. But the thing is, they've made this excuse so many times that it's become the 'dog ate my homework' of the video game industry. I'm not arguing that games are easy to make or that they don't take a long time. But here's the thing. They should've been developing these games alongside the hardware. Want to know why the Xbox One and the PS4 are going to have 15+ exclusives at launch? Because they were developing them alongside the hardware.

That said, I personally think Nintendo dropped the ball big time. They basically had an entire year, where there were no next-gen consoles competing with them. The Wii U is the first 8th generation console that was released. They needed to have those Mario and Zelda games ready to go at launch. Those are the games that sell their consoles, not the third-party titles that you could already get on other systems.

Edit:

Just found this and realized that this is the perfect topic for it.

This video might sound harsh, but it isn't far from the truth. Nintendo is stuck in the past, and because of that they keep making the same mistakes over and over with their consoles. If they can get out of this rut and start thinking like a company should in an evolving industry, they'll be more successful with their console launches and exclusives. And they can do this if they get forward thinking people into the company. Nintendo's been making home consoles longer than Sony or Microsoft. So if anybody's got enough experience to know to do this, it's Nintendo. They just have to step up and do it, instead of making excuses.

Excuses don't sell systems. Games sell systems. Keep that in mind.
    Last edited by SBaby; 10th July 2013 at 7:23 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

This is the excuse everyone brings up. 'Oh, the games take a long time to make.' It's 2013. Everyone in the industry should know this by now. I am so sick and tired of hearing it, and this excuse isn't going to sell the console once they're competing against the other next-gen consoles. Now don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo. I grew up with it. But the thing is, they've made this excuse so many times that it's become the 'dog ate my homework' of the video game industry. I'm not arguing that games are easy to make or that they don't take a long time. But here's the thing. They should've been developing these games alongside the hardware. Want to know why the Xbox One and the PS4 are going to have 15+ exclusives at launch? Because they were developing them alongside the hardware.

That said, I personally think Nintendo dropped the ball big time. They basically had an entire year, where there were no next-gen consoles competing with them. The Wii U is the first 8th generation console that was released. They needed to have those Mario and Zelda games ready to go at launch. Those are the games that sell their consoles, not the third-party titles that you could already get on other systems.

Edit:

Just found this and realized that this is the perfect topic for it.

This video might sound harsh, but it isn't far from the truth. Nintendo is stuck in the past, and because of that they keep making the same mistakes over and over with their consoles. If they can get out of this rut and start thinking like a company should in an evolving industry, they'll be more successful with their console launches and exclusives. And they can do this if they get forward thinking people into the company. Nintendo's been making home consoles longer than Sony or Microsoft. So if anybody's got enough experience to know to do this, it's Nintendo. They just have to step up and do it, instead of making excuses.

Excuses don't sell systems. Games sell systems. Keep that in mind.

But at the same time, isn't Nintendo trying to make sure they have quality games for their systems. Maybe the reason these Nintendo Exclusive games aren't ready at launch, because they want to make sure the hardware their applying it to, has all the kinks and bugs worked out, so then they can decide how to make a game.

If they work on a game alongside the hardware, what if they spend months on a certain gameplay, only to find out, later that the way the gameplay could be used was scrapped in the final stages of development. That's months and lots of money spent on something they can't use.

And while it is true games sell systems, keep in mind a lot of consumers aren't rolling in the dough. If I had lots of money, I would already own a Wii U, and all the games I want and be playing it right now. But I don't have money, and I'm stuck with my 3DS. And even then there's probably 10 games that I want to get but can't afford. I can't even afford one game right now.

So the amount of money a consumer has, is one of the greatest factors on what would keep a console from selling. People usually only buy consoles for that one great game they really like, and they want to wait.

Because spending $400 (or less) on something brand new, is not pocket change for most individuals. It's $400 wasted and money you won't get back if you make a mistake.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

@SBaby
    First off, there was no way Smash Bros. would be available at launch. Sakurai worked on Kid Icuras: Uprising, and he then retrieved a staff, and dealt with a few complications.

I will agree that the Wii U should have had a better stream of games to keep it maintain momentum. However, mistakes are made, and Nintendo is currently working on bringing some good titles. Now, could they do a better job? Yes. Is it over for the Wii U? No.

Also, Adam Sessler? No thanks...

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

This is the excuse everyone brings up. 'Oh, the games take a long time to make.' It's 2013. Everyone in the industry should know this by now. I am so sick and tired of hearing it
    Well until you understand it you're going to keep hearing it.

and this excuse isn't going to sell the console once they're competing against the other next-gen consoles.
    They're not going to compete with the next-gen consoles, really. The Wii U is more a current-gen console. It cannot do what the Xbox One and the PS4 can.

They should've been developing these games alongside the hardware. Want to know why the Xbox One and the PS4 are going to have 15+ exclusives at launch? Because they were developing them alongside the hardware.
    And Nintendo was doing the same. Difference being, the exclusives you've got for the Xbox One or PS4 are all being developed by different studios. Nintendo's titles are done internally, a lot of the same people have a hand in different projects. Not to mention this is the first time Nintendo's been doing HD development, they have no experience doing so, and have said as much.

When those games come out, they'll still sell the console. People buy Nintendo consoles for experiences you can't get elsewhere, that will remain true regardless of whether they release their titles now or after the next-gen consoles come out.

I'm not as upset by the fact that the system sellers took so long to get here as I am by what those games are actually doing. Most of the Wii U titles revealed at E3 are rehashy looking sequels to games we've played 2 or 3 years ago, and many of the games don't seem to make good use of the Gamepad. We've yet to see any Wii U game that does what games like Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 did for the Wii, which are the kind of games I think the Wii U needs. 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Tropical Freeze are good games to draw in core Nintendo fans, but it's nothing really to get excited about.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 141 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast