Page 143 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #3551
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I don't think you understand it as well as you think you do. This is all stuff I've learned over 10+ years.
    And I'm not sure what the hell you've been doing for ten years, but I've more experience than I care to admit in retail. Dealing with the very people that buy this stuff. The majority don't care, that's if they even know what they're buying. Most of the time they don't.

    I do see where Nintendo is now. Now they're going to be competing with two consoles that, frankly speaking, have much higher horsepower than the Wii U. They blew their opportunity to essentially monopolize the 8th generation for an entire year. That's what I'm getting at. That's what the bottom line of my post was. And THAT'S why Nintendo needs to hire people that know this technology better.
    I'd like to point you to the Wii. Significantly underpowered compared to its so-called competition and absolutely destroyed them in terms of sales. Despite coming out a year after the 360 and the same time as the PS3.

    It doesn't matter what experiences they offer. Nintendo should have taken the extra year they had to make their console the must-have console.
    It always will be a must-have console. You can't get Nintendo games anywhere else, that's all they ever have going for them. There hasn't been any reason to exclusively own a Nintendo console since the SNES, maybe the N64. But it's been almost a decade and a half regardless.

    You have to spend a little money to make a lot of money. If they had done this, the games would've been ready to go by launch, instead of a year after launch. Meanwhile when the Xbox One and PS4 come out, Nintendo would've been able to advertise their NEXT line of games.

    I don't THINK they should have. It's an undeniable FACT that they should have. They had an opportunity and they blew it.

    It doesn't matter that they're fundamentally different. They're VIDEO GAMES! They're always gonna BE VIDEO GAMES! They're in the same INDUSTRY as MS and Sony! You can call them whatever you want. But at the end of the day, they're still video games.

    They'd be doing even better if they actually had people there that knew the technology better, instead of people that openly admitted to essentially not knowing what they were doing with HD games. Anyway, it's this kind of superiority complex that's keeping Nintendo trapped in the past, while the industry is evolving.

    Nobody's saying that Nintendo won't sell consoles. I'm simply saying they'd be selling a lot more of them by now if the games (and incentive to buy them) were there.
    I don't understand why you think they would have sold more consoles if the games came out at launch. The same amount of people are going to buy the console, doesn't matter when. The people that want to play these games want to play these games. Whether Nintendo puts them out now or when they feel they're damn well ready to be released doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is the result is going to be the same.

    Sure, there will be some that have to make the choice between one console or another, and maybe those people would have chosen a Wii U had there been a new 3D Mario or a new Zelda but that difference would be negligible. It's nowhere near as big a deal as you're making it out to be.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #3552
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I played the demo at best buy when they were doing the event. Two of the later tracks did have alternate paths.

    The first one in the town allowed you to drive on walls doing tricks and get items. The second split into two branching paths that twisted around underwater, culminating in a hang glider launch. the kicker is that one of the paths had you launch from a wall on the side of the track causing you to twist yourself back to normal before hitting the track again.
    Seen it, not good enough. They can create track designs like that (minus the gravity) in any Mario Kart game. That's the problem in general with most of the Wii U games, gameplay wise they look like they could be done on the Wii or DS/3DS. Which defeats the purpose of having a next gen console.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Then where are these games? If they're all so great and they're intended to sell the console, why aren't they out?
    Probably because game development is very time consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #3553
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Seen it, not good enough. They can create track designs like that (minus the gravity) in any Mario Kart game. That's the problem in general with most of the Wii U games, gameplay wise they look like they could be done on the Wii or DS/3DS. Which defeats the purpose of having a next gen console.
    60 FPS though. In all seriousness, more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially where Mario Kart is concerned. It's a formula that's been perfected over the years and getting a new, prettier, faster running game with nice new stages is exactly what's needed. That's what I think, anyway.

    Probably because game development is very time consuming.
    I see what you did there...


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #3554
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'd like to point you to the Wii. Significantly underpowered compared to its so-called competition and absolutely destroyed them in terms of sales. Despite coming out a year after the 360 and the same time as the PS3.
    Yes, you are right. It was the first time since the Super Nintendo that a Nintendo console led a generation in sales. But you know what? That was last generation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It always will be a must-have console. You can't get Nintendo games anywhere else, that's all they ever have going for them. There hasn't been any reason to exclusively own a Nintendo console since the SNES, maybe the N64. But it's been almost a decade and a half regardless.
    Right now, I'm not really seeing a must-have console. I'm seeing the first 8th gen console with three exclusives. Don't get me wrong. I'm supporting it. I own a Wii U. But right now, I have two games for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't understand why you think they would have sold more consoles if the games came out at launch.
    First of all, if they had the Mario and Zelda games out at launch, people would have more incentive to buy the console. Therefore, the console would've sold more units.

    Second, if those games were out at launch, that would mean they would be working on the next line of games for the console.

    Now pay attention, because I'm not going to repeat this again.

    Consoles do not sell consoles. Games sell consoles. If the games aren't there, the console isn't going to sell. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by SBaby; 12th July 2013 at 3:52 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  5. #3555
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Yes, you are right. It was the first time since the Super Nintendo that a Nintendo console led a generation in sales. But you know what? That was last generation.
    It was, but at the same time there's no reason to be all doom and gloom at this point. The WiiU could repeat the Wii's success, or it could flop. Bur also keep the 3DS in mind, for it's doing something similar.

    Right now, I'm not really seeing a must-have console. I'm seeing the first 8th gen console with three exclusives. Don't get me wrong. I'm supporting it. I own a Wii U. But right now, I have two games for it.
    Right now it's really not a must-have.

    Now pay attention, because I'm not going to repeat this again.

    Consoles do not sell consoles. Games sell consoles. If the games aren't there, the console isn't going to sell. It's as simple as that.
    You didn't have to say it once, I've never believed it any other way. But I seem to keep having to repeat that it would make no difference. If they released those games first then the games that are currently being released now would be next on the list. The same amount of people are going to buy these games no matter when they come out.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #3556
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    You know what? I'm heavily considering getting Game & Wario. It looks fun with its different games and it isn't terribly expensive.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  7. #3557
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

  8. #3558

    Default

    Uh, your wording is a little bit of a stretch to say the least.

  9. #3559
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    inb4 ban worthy Seamen joke

    Seriously though, never heard of Seamen. Whatever it is I don't think it'll help Wii U that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #3560
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    inb4 ban worthy Seamen joke

    Seriously though, never heard of Seamen. Whatever it is I don't think it'll help Wii U that much.
    It was a Dreamcast game. Fish with a manface. Pet simulator narrated by Leonard Nimoy, you had research the Seaman species of fish.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #3561
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    inb4 ban worthy Seamen joke

    Seriously though, never heard of Seamen. Whatever it is I don't think it'll help Wii U that much.
    Pikmin 3 on the other hand...
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #3562

    Default

    I seem to have run across a error on my Wii U. The error codes says 150-1031 Disk is Dirty, the game I am trying to run is Assassin's Creed III. What happened was this morning I downloaded the latest patch for both the Wii U System and ACIII thinking it would help improve my gameplay experience.

    But after I downloaded both patches and started up the game I got to the main menu and loaded the save file, but after the gameplay starts the error would come up saying the disk is dirty. I kept checking the disk and it was pretty much spotless. I tried removing and reinstalling the update for the game but it still keeps coming up with the error.

    I looked into the problem comparing it to other peoples experiences and they said it may be the disk itself that is bad and I would maybe need to get a new one. What do you guys think?

  13. #3563
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Amazing what happens when the exclusives are actually there to be bought, isn't it?
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  14. #3564
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    I seem to have run across a error on my Wii U. The error codes says 150-1031 Disk is Dirty, the game I am trying to run is Assassin's Creed III. What happened was this morning I downloaded the latest patch for both the Wii U System and ACIII thinking it would help improve my gameplay experience.

    But after I downloaded both patches and started up the game I got to the main menu and loaded the save file, but after the gameplay starts the error would come up saying the disk is dirty. I kept checking the disk and it was pretty much spotless. I tried removing and reinstalling the update for the game but it still keeps coming up with the error.

    I looked into the problem comparing it to other peoples experiences and they said it may be the disk itself that is bad and I would maybe need to get a new one. What do you guys think?
    I'd suggest asking Nintendo or Ubi support if cleaning the disk did nothing. Are your other games working fine?

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Amazing what happens when the exclusives are actually there to be bought, isn't it?
    Amazing that it's still happening despite the console being out for almost 9 months. Almost like it doesn't matter when a great, highly anticipated game is released.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #3565
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  16. #3566
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Damn, I have no money on my Eshop account :/. Guess I'll have to wait.

    I hope they haven't changed too much from the original.
    Last edited by Jirachi9; 18th July 2013 at 5:39 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  17. #3567
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    New mini direct is up, watching it now, seems to have alot of news for a mini.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  18. #3568
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Amazing that it's still happening despite the console being out for almost 9 months. Almost like it doesn't matter when a great, highly anticipated game is released.
    And if the game was released at launch, they could have been making ANOTHER game that would have been ready to go by now, which would have led to them having sold more units by this point. I really don't understand your logic that they would have sold the exact same amount, because they would have had more games out by now.
    Last edited by SBaby; 18th July 2013 at 7:18 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  19. #3569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    In case the words aren't enough, EarthBound has been released for the Wii U eShop.

  20. #3570
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    EarthBound is $10 and out today! I currently don't have any eShop credit, but if I buy SMTIV I'll use the $30 towards EarthBound. Can't wait until next month because all the great Wii U games start to release!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List


  21. #3571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    EarthBound is $10 and out today! I currently don't have any eShop credit, but if I buy SMTIV I'll use the $30 towards EarthBound. Can't wait until next month because all the great Wii U games start to release!
    Keep dreaming. The extra $30 can only be used in the 3DS eShop.

  22. #3572
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Keep dreaming. The extra $30 can only be used in the 3DS eShop.
    Actually it can be used on both.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #3573
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Keep dreaming. The extra $30 can only be used in the 3DS eShop.
    http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

    Says all the way at the very, very bottom that the $30 credit can be redeemed on either 3DS or Wii U eShop.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  24. #3574
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Damn, I have no money on my Eshop account :/. Guess I'll have to wait.

    I hope they haven't changed too much from the original.
    Since it's just on VC, I would imagine it's the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    And if the game was released at launch, they could have been making ANOTHER game that would have been ready to go by now, which would have led to them having sold more units by this point. I really don't understand your logic that they would have sold the exact same amount, because they would have had more games out by now.
    I don't understand your logic here at all... This is already the case. Pikmin wasn't out at launch because another game was being worked on beforehand, and its development didn't finish in time to allow for Pikmin to be released earlier. You said you understood development time, what you've just said illustrates to me that you clearly don't. Games take years not months. Pikmin 3 has been in development for a very long time.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 18th July 2013 at 11:13 PM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #3575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

    Says all the way at the very, very bottom that the $30 credit can be redeemed on either 3DS or Wii U eShop.
    Oh, I see.

    Either way, I don't really want to put it in the Wii U mainly because the console belongs to my little brother, and I do feel that I'll leave the house without it someday.

Page 143 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •