Page 147 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4426

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Retail stores make profit on markup, they're not paid by manufacturers.
    So retailers do make money when they sell the products, as I said.
    Last edited by SBaby; 1st August 2013 at 5:58 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    So they do make money when they sell the products, as I said.
    Not quite what you were saying, but even so that's only if there is any markup, which there isn't on high ticket electronics, not enough to truly consider an item profitable, anyhow.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Not quite what you were saying, but even so that's only if there is any markup, which there isn't on high ticket electronics, not enough to truly consider an item profitable, anyhow.
    Question, since I don't really get this. Don't retail stores make some profit from MSRP and stuff, or does it all go back to the manufacturer? I've heard retail gets some money from selling the consoles, but this is the first time I heard that they don't
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

to be honest...i disapprove of the WiiU, it seems too me like Nintendo is running out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Question, since I don't really get this. Don't retail stores make some profit from MSRP and stuff, or does it all go back to the manufacturer? I've heard retail gets some money from selling the consoles, but this is the first time I heard that they don't
    It's very little, for the most part retailers are selling the product at close to cost. Cost being the price they pay for the item from the vendor. In terms of profit from an item, Nintendo would be the one making the most profit from the Wii U as it's bought by vendors to sell to retailers. Retailers aren't making much buying from a vendor to sell to a consumer.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Miyamoto wants to release a Pikmin anime.

But I'm more worried about that "I spent more time in the anime than the game" portion of the interview.

god no, nintendo should stay away from anime

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Miyamoto wants to release a Pikmin anime.

But I'm more worried about that "I spent more time in the anime than the game" portion of the interview.
    You've got to remember that Miyamoto doesn't really do a whole lot any more.

Also an interesting perspective from Games Radar: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii-u-game...t-virtual-boy/

Basically, Nintendo doesn't much care how well their home consoles do as long as their handhelds are doing well. It's definitely true that they rule the portable space.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 1st August 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Are you saying it because of how bad the Pokémon anime is, or because you just don't want them in the market?

Are you saying it because of how bad the Pokémon anime is, or because you just don't want them in the market?
    some of both tbh

some of both tbh
    In Pokémon's case, that's Game Freak's incompetence in hiring bad writers.

Unless Miyamoto uses the "No Plot" card like he did in Sticker Star...

In Pokémon's case, that's Game Freak's incompetence in hiring bad writers.

... Nintendo and GameFreak have nothing to do with the Pokemon anime. They're just the rights holders to the franchise. They didn't do any hiring.

... Nintendo and GameFreak have nothing to do with the Pokemon anime. They're just the rights holders to the franchise. They didn't do any hiring.
    I knew I had something wrong.

So, let me rephrase it.

It's whoever is in charge of the Pokémon anime that makes it so bad.

It's whoever is in charge of the Pokémon anime that makes it so bad.
    Is this, like, a real thing that people think? As in, there are people who complain that a hugely effective 22-minute weekly commercial with expendable viewership doesn't meet their high standards?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The worse that happened was that mother *******, sh**** anime that I shamefully say was supposed to represent F-Zero. It was terrible and then they made some less than stellar games of that stupid damn show that had the worst sh**** writing. 4kids did not ruin it. It was already ruined to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by mariowiki
    The story starts during the night of the annual holiday, the Sticker Fest, where the citizens come to witness the Sticker Comet fly by in the sky. It is said that the Sticker Comet will make everyone's wishes come true.
    Sounds like a plot to me.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Is this, like, a real thing that people think? As in, there are people who complain that a hugely effective 22-minute weekly commercial with expendable viewership doesn't meet their high standards?
    No, just all the craziness Best Wishes has caused. There weren't as many big problems with it before.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    The worse that happened was that mother *******, sh**** anime that I shamefully say was supposed to represent F-Zero. It was terrible and then they made some less than stellar games of that stupid damn show that had the worst sh**** writing. 4kids did not ruin it. It was already ruined to begin with.
    What are you talking about? This is ****ing amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HT5eBNR3_g

What are you talking about? This is ****ing amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HT5eBNR3_g
    The one diamond in the rough, or rather, a load of garbage. I will say that was awesome. Here's the ultimate F-Zero challenge! Don't worry, you don't have to touch GX, just name me another awesome scene from the anime.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    The one diamond in the rough, or rather, a load of garbage. I will say that was awesome. Here's the ultimate F-Zero challenge! Don't worry, you don't have to touch GX, just name me another awesome scene from the anime.
    Never watched it, but honestly, that one scene alone warrants its creation.

Here's proof that the Wii U isn't DOOMed.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208894

I picked up Pikmin 3 today. So far all me and my siblings have been able to do is Bingo Battle! It is so much fun!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I've been playing the story mode and it's pretty fun. I still haven't found the captain but the graphics are really awesome. The only complaints I have is the camera controls are a little bit more difficult than Pikmin 2 (other than the lock-on feature) and the Gamepad controls, but I can just use the Wii remote anyway so that doesn't matter

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Here's proof that the Wii U isn't DOOMed.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208894
    Wanna try that again, chief?

I think he achieved exactly what he intended, if poorly worded. Read his post closely.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

So I finally got Pikmin 3, but now I need to do an update before I can play, then later it failed, then I got a pop up for Nintendo Network ID, I tried it, but it said I didn't enter my info right or something, I don't what to do for it. What's with all the unnecessary stuff just to play the game? Why can't the update just be on disk like the Wii games?
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

Page 147 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast