Page 149 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Is there any reason why the Wii U sucks for downloading speed? My Wii U takes forever to download, The Wonderful 101 demo is over 3 hours and 30 minutes to download, my 3DS has very fast download speed compared to anything my Wii U does.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    Is there any reason why the Wii U sucks for downloading speed? My Wii U takes forever to download, The Wonderful 101 demo is over 3 hours and 30 minutes to download, my 3DS has very fast download speed compared to anything my Wii U does.
    Dunno what to tell you, W101 only took a couple minutes for me. It's definitely not all Wii U's.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

It's definitely circumstantial, as with anything network based. Load was high at the time you were trying to download, so you were downloading slower. Or, you're underestimating the size of a Wii U game/demo vs that of the 3DS. 3DS games and demos are much smaller.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So I went to GameStop today to get New Super Luigi U and they ran out. The clerk said with any Nintendo stuff recently that they only get as many shipments for about as many preorders they receive. For example, they received 28 preorders for Mario & Luigi Dream Team so they only got 30 copies on release day.

This was surprising for me so I immediately preordered and paid for Pokémon X and Y in full(and got the awesome poster haha). So my question is, have any of you encountered something like this? I was always used to there always being a bunch of copies of anything near me but I guess they're changing things up now. Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything? Or is this most likely me just being clueless and this is how it has been for a while?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    So I went to GameStop today to get New Super Luigi U and they ran out. The clerk said with any Nintendo stuff recently that they only get as many shipments for about as many preorders they receive. For example, they received 28 preorders for Mario & Luigi Dream Team so they only got 30 copies on release day.

This was surprising for me so I immediately preordered and paid for Pokémon X and Y in full(and got the awesome poster haha). So my question is, have any of you encountered something like this? I was always used to there always being a bunch of copies of anything near me but I guess they're changing things up now. Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything? Or is this most likely me just being clueless and this is how it has been for a while?
    It was like that with Pokemon Conquest for the store near me. They only had two extra copies. However with big release games, they're more likely to get in a much larger extra shipment.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything?
    Neither. The answer is best summarized thusly:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    However with big release games, they're more likely to get in a much larger extra shipment.
    New Super Luigi U is downloadable given a very limited run as a physical release. Pokémon Conquest was a niche title, in as much as anything with a genuine Pokémon affiliation can be niche. Such supply shortages don't affect the much bigger name releases, is all.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Neither. The answer is best summarized thusly:

New Super Luigi U is downloadable given a very limited run as a physical release. Pokémon Conquest was a niche title, in as much as anything with a genuine Pokémon affiliation can be niche. Such supply shortages don't affect the much bigger name releases, is all.
    That's not entirely true, either. The Gamestop I usually go to had like 3 physical retail copies of both Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf the first day. The Pikmin 3 stuff sold out in 20 minutes, while the New Leaf stuff probably sold out in an hour. I dunno about you, but 3 copies for a game on release date for either one of those doesn't seem right
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

It happened to me with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I went to the shop and they only had one copy left and behind me was someone who also wanted that game. I was very lucky.
    Sorry if my English isn't good. I'm Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by grovyle1997 View Post
    It happened to me with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I went to the shop and they only had one copy left and behind me was someone who also wanted that game. I was very lucky.
    That had other circumstances surrounding it's limited stock.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What about Mario and Luigi: Dream Team? The store had limited supply of that game, yet they had lots of Pikmin 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    NSLU I can understand, but the clerk said Nintendo has been doing it with any games, including what Eternal Darkness said about Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing. Or by big release did you mean only the huge games like Mario, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros, etc?
    Last edited by TheFonz; 26th August 2013 at 6:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That had other circumstances surrounding it's limited stock.
    Yeah, like nearly 80% of all copies going to Gamestops in Brazil. And the other 20% getting released early. In Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Yeah, like nearly 80% of all copies going to Gamestops in Brazil. And the other 20% getting released early. In Canada.
    That was only one store, which screwed over everyone else pretty well.

Which? The Brazilian part or the Canadian part?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Which? The Brazilian part or the Canadian part?
    Canadian part.

Zelda bundle confirmed, price drop to $300

Now I regret picking it up early, that Zelda gamepad looks pretty nice.

So what about us early adopters? Ambassador program please?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Probably some GC and N64 games
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

The Trend doubts that there will be ambassador titles this time. The price drop is only by 50.

Doubtful. Not only is the price drop of lower value, it's also a lower percentage of the previous cost.

I think the we pretty much got a Wii U ambassador program with those 30 cent sales. Maybe they'll do something else as thanks, but most likely not

We'll see. Nintendo has been doing their best to make their adopters happy of late, so I wouldn't say an ambassador program is outside the bounds of reality.

$50 isn't so far off from $70, as probably is the euro equivalent. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    We'll see. Nintendo has been doing their best to make their adopters happy of late, so I wouldn't say an ambassador program is outside the bounds of reality.

$50 isn't so far off from $70, as probably is the euro equivalent. But we'll see.
    The 3DS had an $80 cut, which is a price reduction of 32%. The Wii U's $50 price drop is only 14%. That's a huge difference.

For those still wondering about an Ambassador Program: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29...gram-for-wii-u
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 29th August 2013 at 7:49 PM.

I wish I had money for Pokémon Rumble U, it looks pretty fun. Unfortunately my wallet is currently busy with school, Pokémon X and Y, and W101.

Anybody purchase it? What do you think of it? I haven't played past versions of it either

I wish I had money for Pokémon Rumble U, it looks pretty fun. Unfortunately my wallet is currently busy with school, Pokémon X and Y, and W101.

Anybody purchase it? What do you think of it? I haven't played past versions of it either
    I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm charging through the early levels with the help of the password-unlocked Pokemon, which are vastly overpowered for the early levels.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Ah well. Speaking of the Wii U, I just did a speedrun of one of Rayman Legend's Demo levels (Toad's Story Invaded) in 20:98. Check out my channel if you want to see it (Shameless plug No. 1)

How is Rumble U by the way, is it better than the WiiWare or 3DS Versions of Rumble, or not?

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Page 149 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast