Page 152 of 176 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I would always get errors when trying to use apps and sometimes when I turned my Wii U off, the blue light would stay on. It could be that I had a glitchy system, but I read of others who had similar troubles around launch/Christmas. I figure I'll end up buying one eventually because there are so many games coming out, so the bundle is perfect. Does anyone know how much space Wind Waker would take up?
    It'll take up about 2.6GB.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    It'll take up about 2.6GB.
    What's your source?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What's your source?
    Sorry. Here's one source.

Sorry. Here's one source.
    Cool, good to know. That' not as bad as I was expecting.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It is if you have the 8GB version. That's 1/4 of your space for game.

A good game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It is if you have the 8GB version. That's 1/4 of your space for game.

A good game though.
    External storage is cheap, though. And really, buying the 8GB console was a choice people had to consciously make. They shouldn't start complaining.

Wii Sports Club seems pretty cool. Has online and updated everything, but I'm a bit confused. It's download only, and we have to pay $9.99 per game? Are they doing more than the original games for it eventually?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Wii Sports Club seems pretty cool. Has online and updated everything, but I'm a bit confused. It's download only, and we have to pay $9.99 per game? Are they doing more than the original games for it eventually?
    In hindsight, dividing each game gives us our own choices and preferences over which game we want to play the most from the lot while leaving the others in the dust...

But it kind of seems a bit expensive in the big picture. Online matches better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    In hindsight, dividing each game gives us our own choices and preferences over which game we want to play the most from the lot while leaving the others in the dust...

But it kind of seems too cheap in the big picture.
    I don't remember how many games are in Wii Sports, but I'm pretty sure there are at least five, if not more so that would put it around or above the cost of a normal retail game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't remember how many games are in Wii Sports, but I'm pretty sure there are at least five, if not more so that would put it around or above the cost of a normal retail game.
    5 games: Golf, Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, and Baseball. In total, assuming you buy all of them, you'll end up paying...around $45.

Eh, I guess it's better in the end. The only difference being how it doesn't come free with a console.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    5 games: Golf, Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, and Baseball. In total, assuming you buy all of them, you'll end up paying...around $45.

Eh, I guess it's better in the end. The only difference being how it doesn't come free with a console.
    It's actually not too bad of a deal. If they bring more games in, hopefully they do a group price like with the Streetpass games. I wish they would have given a release date though
    Last edited by TheFonz; 18th September 2013 at 9:19 PM.

It's actually not too bad of a deal. If they bring more games in, hopefully they do a group price like with the Streetpass games. I wish they would have given a release date though
    According to the Nintendo website, it's coming out on Thursday, November 7, 2013.

That's pretty far for me. I really would like to have more classic franchise games on the Wii, that way the console gets promoted.

Nah, we don't need another Super Mario Advance Rehash Deluxe 1981 Master Ultra Mega the Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Nah, we don't need another Super Mario Advance Rehash Deluxe 1981 Master Ultra Mega the Saga.
    But the GBA Super Mario Advance games were awesome and so was the GBC Super Mario Bros Deluxe. But we have Virtual Console to cover that now. The only remake I could possibly see is Super Mario Sunshine and even then it doesn't feel likely...I'd love an HD SM64 reremake though...guilty pleasure

According to the Nintendo website, it's coming out on Thursday, November 7, 2013.
    That's awesome! I was afraid it'd be like in 2014 or something

The Wii U doesn't need anymore rehashes, that's part of the reason people aren't really excited for it. What the Wii U needs is something new and exciting that utilizes the Gamepad in interesting and innovative ways, then people will start buying.

The only remake I could possibly see is Super Mario Sunshine and even then it doesn't feel likely...I'd love an HD SM64 reremake though...guilty pleasure
    Sunshine remake would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The Wii U doesn't need anymore rehashes, that's part of the reason people aren't really excited for it. What the Wii U needs is something new and exciting that utilizes the Gamepad in interesting and innovative ways, then people will start buying.

Certainly you would understand any confusion that might arise from these two statements.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Eh what?

You say that the Wii U doesn't need any more "rehashes" and needs something new and exciting, but at the same time think that Mario Sunshile remake would be awesome.

You sir just contradicted and I can no longer take you seriously, not that I never did take you seriously.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Certainly you would understand any confusion that might arise from these two statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Eh what?

You say that the Wii U doesn't need any more "rehashes" and needs something new and exciting, but at the same time think that Mario Sunshile remake would be awesome.

You sir just contradicted and I can no longer take you seriously, not that I never did take you seriously.
    It's not a contradiction. Sunshine would be a nice extra, especially if they make good use of the Gamepad, but not really something that the Wii U NEEDS. In other words, it's a good game to have but not the kind that would buy a Wii U for. I'd like to see it IN ADDITION TO completely new content on the Wii U.

Besides, remaking Super Mario Sunshine would not be as rehashy as say, another New Super Mario Bros. game since Sunshine's style and setting have only been in that game.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's not a contradiction. Sunshine would be a nice extra, especially if they make good use of the Gamepad, but not really something that the Wii U NEEDS. In other words, it's a good game to have but not the kind that would buy a Wii U for. I'd like to see it IN ADDITION TO completely new content on the Wii U.

Besides, remaking Super Mario Sunshine would not be as rehashy as say, another New Super Mario Bros. game since Sunshine's style and setting have only been in that game.
    You dun goofed, kid. Just face it.

Jeez, there's more holes in these two statements than a wheel of swiss cheese!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I dunno. Seems like one statement was about what the Wii U needs to succeed, whereas the other one is about a personal preference, unrelated to marketing effectiveness. Yeah, listing both in the same post is a bit ironic, but at the same time, is it really necessary to be busting someone's balls over it?

That said I'd be fine if the industry as a whole would dial it back with remakes. Original content does seem like a better deal than buying the same game twice.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I dunno. Seems like one statement was about what the Wii U needs to succeed, whereas the other one is about a personal preference, unrelated to marketing effectiveness. Yeah, listing both in the same post is a bit ironic, but at the same time, is it really necessary to be busting someone's balls over it?

That said I'd be fine if the industry as a whole would dial it back with remakes. Original content does seem like a better deal than buying the same game twice.
    That depends, there's room for both. They can both be very enjoyable games.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post

Thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to say.

I don't mind a few remakes, but Nintendo definitely has been going too far with remakes and rehashes lately. It's kind of sad that the Wii U is coasting on them this holiday season.

I picked up my Wind Waker Wii U yesterday. I'm really happy I jumped on this deal when I did. I was a little disappointed I had to make a new Nintendo Network ID but luckily I didn't purchase anything on my previous Wii U that I sold months ago. The Gamepad looks awesome too.

Page 152 of 176 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast