Page 153 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Attention, everyone! Get your Wii Us up and running 'cause there's a 700MB update available!

Version 4.0.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

New Features:
    - A feature to output video and sound to the Wii U GamePad when using Wii Mode. Users can choose to output to the TV and GamePad, or just the TV.
    - A feature to automatically receive recommended software and demo titles from Nintendo using SpotPass.
    - Support for USB keyboards.
    - An option to disable use of a Nintendo Network ID on non-Nintendo hardware, such as PCs and smartphones.
    - Support for Dolby® Pro Logic® II Surround Sound when playing Wii software.

Changes to Wii U Menu:
    - Added a friend list icon to the Wii U Menu for easier access to the Friend List.

Changes to System Settings:
    - An option to automatically receive recommended software is now available under "Internet."
    - A setting to select which cable outputs sound is available through "TV."
    - Users can choose to output sound through an HDMI cable, non-HDMI cable, or both cables at the same time.
    - A setting to adjust the hourly interval in which standby functions are performed is available under "Power Settings" when Standby Functions are enabled.

Changes to Wii U Chat:
    - Added the option to view a friend's profile on Miiverse when sending or receiving a chat request.
    - Users can now chat using a headset connected to the Wii U GamePad.

Changes to Internet Browser:
    - Pressing the R or L Buttons on the Wii U GamePad will skip video playback forward/back a small amount of time.
    - Holding the R Button will speed up video playback.
    - Ability to save username and passwords for websites that require login.
    - Ability to launch the Internet Browser during gameplay and upload screenshots.
    - Added support for viewing PDF files.
    - Added features intended for website developers that allow the user to enable developer tools and set user agent

Improvements to system stability and usability:
    - Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

ą Wii software displayed on the Wii U GamePad cannot be controlled by the GamePad. This feature only allows Wii software to be displayed on the GamePad. A Wii Remote Plus or Wii Remote is required to play Wii software titles.

˛ Users can delete saved usernames and passwords from the Internet Browser settings.

ł Sometimes data may not be displayed correctly depending on the size and format of the PDF file. PDF files cannot be saved.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 1st October 2013 at 3:53 AM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

New update for Wii U is available now. Includes off-TV play for Wii games as well as some other new features.
    Edit: Gah, ninja'd.
    Pretty cool stuff though.
    Last edited by GravityStorm; 1st October 2013 at 3:41 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

So let me get this straight, there's off TV play for Wii games but the GamePad can't control it? So the GamePad is pretty much a mini tv showing a Wii game? How close does the Wiimote have to be in range to the sensor bar?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    So let me get this straight, there's off TV play for Wii games but the GamePad can't control it? So the GamePad is pretty much a mini tv showing a Wii game? How close does the Wiimote have to be in range to the sensor bar?
    It's IR, it needs a direct line of sight, range itself isn't really an issue.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

On the down side for the Wii U, DK: Tropical Freeze got pushed back to Feb next year. Not a very good end result there for the Christmas sale push.

On the flip side, Super Mario World looks - and sounds - fantastic. Release of the 22nd November, so maybe they'll be pushing that, with Wii U Party and etc for the more casual crowd, for this and rely on the others early next year.

Also Pikmin is getting DLC.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Did they give a concrete date for Mario Kart 8? At this point that's the only Wii U game I'm looking forward to.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    On the down side for the Wii U, DK: Tropical Freeze got pushed back to Feb next year. Not a very good end result there for the Christmas sale push.

On the flip side, Super Mario World looks - and sounds - fantastic. Release of the 22nd November, so maybe they'll be pushing that, with Wii U Party and etc for the more casual crowd, for this and rely on the others early next year.

Yeah I think they'll be good for the holidays. Everyone went crazy over Super Mario 3D Land and NSMBU the last two holidays. Wii Party U looks like so much fun! My Dad will love playing the two sports games on the GamePad. What were they again? Fooseball and something else?

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post

I don't blame them for Donkey Kong. Next to Mario 3d World, Link Between Worlds, Pokemon XY etc. I'd say this Christmas is packed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Did they give a concrete date for Mario Kart 8? At this point that's the only Wii U game I'm looking forward to.
    Not even Wind Waker HD?
    Unless its already released in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    INot even Wind Waker HD?
    Unless its already released in Canada.
    Came out on the 20th just like everywhere else.

Not even Wind Waker HD?
    To be fair, a lot of people played the game 10 years ago.

Did I just see a traditional 2D style level select with free roaming in that 3D world trailer? Why yes, yes I did! Seriously wondering how that's gonna work progression wise. Seriously excited after that trailer as well. That boo flagpole trick...
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Did I just see a traditional 2D style level select with free roaming in that 3D world trailer? Why yes, yes I did! Seriously wondering how that's gonna work progression wise.
    That's actually pretty close to what I was hoping for with the level select (now it just needs to be more open world), something of a cross between the traditional map screen and a 3D hub world. I'm guessing that parts of the world map will be cut off until you complete specific levels, for instance you might be walled off from the second level until you complete the first, and you gradually gain more and more access to the map as you complete the levels.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 1st October 2013 at 7:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

No, still slated for Spring 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    To be fair, a lot of people played the game 10 years ago.
    It's well worth playing again.

It's well worth playing again.
    I agree, but not buy the system for it you've already played it.

Rayman Legends got a price drop at GameStop from $59 to $39. Ouch. That was too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Rayman Legends got a price drop at GameStop from $59 to $39. Ouch. That was too fast.
    Its an Ubisoft game, that's not too fast at all.

Came out on the 20th just like everywhere else.
    Except Europe. Whether digital or physical, it comes out on 4th October.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Did I just see a traditional 2D style level select with free roaming in that 3D world trailer? Why yes, yes I did! Seriously wondering how that's gonna work progression wise. Seriously excited after that trailer as well. That boo flagpole trick...
    Presumably, it'll just force you to play levels in a certain order. The free roaming is a welcome change, but at this point a superficial one. Time will tell if they can make anything of it in the finished game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Really? That's lame, didn't realize you guys got the short end of the stick.

Damn haha I didn't think that would actually happen. Is it all three consoles or just Wii U?

Damn haha I didn't think that would actually happen. Is it all three consoles or just Wii U?
    More like EVERY version of the game, even the Vita.

More like EVERY version of the game, even the Vita.
    Poor Rayman. Would the delay for Wii U and people being pissed have anything to do with it?

Or Australia, we get it on the 5th.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Poor Rayman. Would the delay for Wii U and people being pissed have anything to do with it?
    No, again, it's an Ubisoft game. They always drop after a month, and continue to drop until they're $10-$20.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist got the same price drop. I really wasn't expecting a price drop this quickly. Since I don't have Legends yet, this benefits me. I was going to buy the game eitherway, though.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Page 153 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast