Attention, everyone! Get your Wii Us up and running 'cause there's a 700MB update available!
Version 4.0.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:
- A feature to output video and sound to the Wii U GamePad when using Wii Mode. Users can choose to output to the TV and GamePad, or just the TV.
- A feature to automatically receive recommended software and demo titles from Nintendo using SpotPass.
- Support for USB keyboards.
- An option to disable use of a Nintendo Network ID on non-Nintendo hardware, such as PCs and smartphones.
- Support for Dolby® Pro Logic® II Surround Sound when playing Wii software.
Changes to Wii U Menu:
- Added a friend list icon to the Wii U Menu for easier access to the Friend List.
Changes to System Settings:
- An option to automatically receive recommended software is now available under "Internet."
- A setting to select which cable outputs sound is available through "TV."
- Users can choose to output sound through an HDMI cable, non-HDMI cable, or both cables at the same time.
- A setting to adjust the hourly interval in which standby functions are performed is available under "Power Settings" when Standby Functions are enabled.
Changes to Wii U Chat:
- Added the option to view a friend's profile on Miiverse when sending or receiving a chat request.
- Users can now chat using a headset connected to the Wii U GamePad.
Changes to Internet Browser:
- Pressing the R or L Buttons on the Wii U GamePad will skip video playback forward/back a small amount of time.
- Holding the R Button will speed up video playback.
- Ability to save username and passwords for websites that require login.
- Ability to launch the Internet Browser during gameplay and upload screenshots.
- Added support for viewing PDF files.
- Added features intended for website developers that allow the user to enable developer tools and set user agent
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
ą Wii software displayed on the Wii U GamePad cannot be controlled by the GamePad. This feature only allows Wii software to be displayed on the GamePad. A Wii Remote Plus or Wii Remote is required to play Wii software titles.
˛ Users can delete saved usernames and passwords from the Internet Browser settings.
ł Sometimes data may not be displayed correctly depending on the size and format of the PDF file. PDF files cannot be saved.