Page 154 of 177 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4411

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

This is why you don't buy Ubisoft games until a half year after they're released.

They're never really good enough to justify playing full price for them when you can generally get them for less than half price a few months later, and even less just a bit later than that.

I decided to wait a few months before I purchase the OmnipotentStation 4 because of the fact that it may have a few bugs and such so in order to bear the wait I decided to get a Wii U. I already decided I'm getting Wind Waker but what other games do you guys recommend?

Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 and Mario U.

Pretty much the only games worth owning right now.

I'd also recommend Monster Hunter, but if you're a first time player don't let the difficulty turn you off.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Wind Waker HD is only good if you haven't played it already.

The Miiverse integration and selfies feature are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wind Waker HD is only good if you haven't played it already.

The Miiverse integration and selfies feature are the best.
    Disagree, Wind Waker HD is great for everyone, unless you really didn't like Wind Waker.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 5th October 2013 at 5:44 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Disagree Wind Waker HD is great for everyone, unless you really didn't like Wind Waker.
    I think he may have been leaning towards more of a "Wind Waker HD is only a must have if you haven't played it before" sort of deal. I mean yeah, it's still a great game, but as with all remakes, it's ultimately the same game to the point where it's not a must have, but it's good for nostalgia.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I decided to wait a few months before I purchase the OmnipotentStation 4 because of the fact that it may have a few bugs and such so in order to bear the wait I decided to get a Wii U. I already decided I'm getting Wind Waker but what other games do you guys recommend?
    Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Game and Wario if you have people to play with for a few of the games. Also, you might want to get an eShop card for all the Virtual Console and other apps on it....like Art Academy! I can spend hours on that thing and it's only like $5

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Are the ports really as bad as they say?

Are the ports really as bad as they say?
    Not if said ports are remastered ports you haven't played.

And just to clarify, Wind Waker HD is a must-have in case you haven't played it, and just a little above average if you played it already.

But a must if you'd like to mess around with the Deluxe Picto Box.

Not if said ports are remastered ports you haven't played.

And just to clarify, Wind Waker HD is a must-have in case you haven't played it, and just a little above average if you played it already.

But a must if you'd like to mess around with the Deluxe Picto Box.
    Cool, thanks for clarifying that for me. Ill get the wii u not next week but the week after that. And no I have never played wind waker before. I've never been much of a Zelda fan except for the first game in the series, a link to the past and Links awakening.

Considering I played Wind Waker like 10 years ago, Wind Waker HD was definitely worth it. I got the LE bundle a few weeks ago, so it was a great deal for the system, not just the game.

Muscle Memory is definitely my greatest enemy for Wind Waker HD. I can't tell you how many times I've pressed A to get out of the boat, only to rocket forward when my sail comes back out.

...Am I the only one who thinks the aiming for long-ranged weapons is a little awkward? I feel like the left stick should be used for aiming rather than the right. Just doesn't feel natural, and the Gyroscope's a little too sensitive for my tastes.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I decided to get Wind Waker, Mass effect 3 and Need for speed most wanted for now.

I decided to get Wind Waker, Mass effect 3 and Need for speed most wanted for now.
    Well, I heard bad things about the port of Mass Effect 3, like it doesn't have everything from the original ports and that is has bad frame rate.

It only has a bad frame rate when there are a lot of npc's nearby. I've been watching YouTube videos on the frame rate and its not that bad. Plus this game is about the narrative, graphics don't bother me none. And its the only ME game I haven't played so meh.

There are a good amount of 3rd party titles coming out, I'm personally stoked for Watchdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Muscle Memory is definitely my greatest enemy for Wind Waker HD. I can't tell you how many times I've pressed A to get out of the boat, only to rocket forward when my sail comes back out.
    This. Every goddamn time.

...Am I the only one who thinks the aiming for long-ranged weapons is a little awkward? I feel like the left stick should be used for aiming rather than the right. Just doesn't feel natural, and the Gyroscope's a little too sensitive for my tastes.
    My only issue is with the bow, because you can't lock target with it, so if it's on any button other than Z it's basically useless. The Grapple Hook and Boomerang are fine, because you can take them out and aim without having to hold the button down.

I literally found 400 bucks in my dirty jeans today while I was looking for my keys which I still haven't found. Anyway I decided to get my wii u now/today and I got wind waker which looks absolutely amazing and Mass Effect 3 which doesn't look as bad as most people say. It does have slight frame rate issues here and there but not enough to affect the gameplay or story or teh cross species alien butt secks lol. Unfortunately they didn't have need for speed in stock I guess I'm going to have to go to wal-malrt or something.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 10th October 2013 at 10:05 AM.

I literally found 400 bucks in my dirty jeans today
    Seriously. What.

I wish I could find $400 randomly...but damn, how do you just suddenly lose that? Don't forget to put $60 of that aside for Super Mario 3D World!

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Either Ubisoft hates Nintendo or not because Assassin's Creed IV won't have that DLC story for Wii U.

Either Ubisoft hates Nintendo or not because Assassin's Creed IV won't have that DLC story for Wii U.
    Meh........ I only bought the wii u to keep me busy until I get a ps4. As long as they don't rush it. And I always leave money in my pockets or hidden around in mah room. Like today I found 25 bucks and I bought some pizza with it and not too long ago I found 200 dollas inside the box for my allergy medicine. Idk I always stash money in the strangest places. All I know is that watchdogs better be good. And at least Ubisoft is still supporting Nintendo I guess?

Eh. I've chosen to hate Ubisoft as a publisher as of late. However, I don't hate Ubisoft Montpelier for giving us Rayman.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.

We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.
    Hopefully that will convince more buyers. This is the kind of bundle that most people would be looking forward to.

Page 154 of 177 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast