Page 155 of 177 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4421

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.
    They're already installed in the console, and this is the one with the 32GB Hard Drive.

We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.
    Son of a bish! Wtf Nintendo!

I should have waited.

Anyway I'm very excited about assassins creed IV. Pirates man, mother friggin pirates!

They're already installed in the console, and this is the one with the 32GB Hard Drive.
    They're not hard drives, it's flash storage. Faster, far less prone to failure, less power, less space (in terms of physically how much space it takes inside the chassis).

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's Flash Memory, not a hard drive. They can always make a newer model with more memory, but they opted to go the route with you getting an external hard drive. Luckily, you can go up to 2TB. That's what I'm doing since I am planning on going digital.

My Miiverse Drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithCommonSense View Post
    It's Flash Memory, not a hard drive. They can always make a newer model with more memory, but they opted to go the route with you getting an external hard drive. Luckily, you can go up to 2TB. That's what I'm doing since I am planning on going digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They're not hard drives, it's flash storage. Faster, far less prone to failure, less power, less space (in terms of physically how much space it takes inside the chassis).
    You know what we're talking about when we say Hard Drive. And it could still be bigger.

You know what we're talking about when we say Hard Drive. And it could still be bigger.
    It'd drive the cost up. Flash memory is still pretty pricey, at this point they've taken the better route in keeping cost lower and leaving it up t the consumer to spend extra for storage only if they need it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

There's still a difference between a hard drive and flash memory, but I digress.

As Hydrohs explained, it would increase the price and Nintendo knows not to as it would make the Wii U less appealing in terms of cost. It doesn't help since the official price is now $300. So, seeing another model soon after the price cut could ultimately hamper their sales even further.

My Miiverse Drawing!

http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-online-mu...cus-1452295638

Nintendo confirmed to be out of touch with western gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

Really? Kotaku? That's the best you can do?

Anyway, I actually applaud them for this. I'd rather play this game with people on my couch, rather then shouting at others on what to do through a headphone. Besides, there are those people online who do nothing but make it hard for you to complete the game. If someone does that in local multiplayer, at least you can reach over and hit them in the shoulder.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

KOOOOOOOTTTTAAAKKKUUUUUUUUUU
    I'm not surprised by it though, online has never been nintendo's focas
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Why do people keep linking to Kotaku as if it's a legitimate website? I'll take uncited Wikipedia links before I take Kotaku.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Anyway, I actually applaud them for this. I'd rather play this game with people on my couch, rather then shouting at others on what to do through a headphone. Besides, there are those people online who do nothing but make it hard for you to complete the game. If someone does that in local multiplayer, at least you can reach over and hit them in the shoulder.
    The solution to this is simple, find someone who won't be a dick to you.

Outright denying online service on the basis of promoting face to face interaction is stupid, though, especially in the west where it's much harder to get that face to face interaction with another Nintendo fan because of how few and far between they are. That's why I say this kind of thinking alienates western gamers, it denies a key component of their playstyle.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

You make it sound simple. Finding these people online are few and far between.

Online cooperative play would make the game worse, not better. You'll have players cursing at one another for not following instructions or doing what they are supposed to, and lets not get into character debates...

I do not even remember a single game with cooperative multiplater that allowed for online. Before you point to MOBAs or any team-based games, realize that platforming games are a whole different monster, it's you and your companions vs the level which you all are trying to compete, not you and your companions vs another group where your goal is to crush them.

Face-to-face interaction is actually a good thing and I'd rather more games adopt have. How many times have players received threats or has been made fun of by someone who has ragequit during a game because the player was being "cheap"? While it may sound harsh, I feel these kinds of gamers are poisoning the game industry and giving gamers a bad reputation for lashing out against something they do not like.

I find games more fun when you're playing with people you can see rather then hear through a headset. And even if it's isolating a large part of the industry, Nintendo has put some thought into this and made the better moral decision rather than a more practical decision. Besides, its not like they've not allowed for online at all, there's ghost data that is probably way more helpful.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

...It's not like anyone forces you to do online multiplayer. If you prefer local multiplayer, then that's fine. If you don't like online multiplayer, that's fine too; no one's forcing you to use it. No one's holding a gun to your head and saying that since the capability for online play is there, you're no longer allowed to do local multiplayer. And that's where the fundamental flaw in this argument lies.

A game can have both online multiplayer and local multiplayer, such that it caters to both sides of the spectrum. And isn't promoting inclusiveness in games a good thing?
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Outright denying online service on the basis of promoting face to face interaction is stupid, though, especially in the west where it's much harder to get that face to face interaction with another Nintendo fan because of how few and far between they are. That's why I say this kind of thinking alienates western gamers, it denies a key component of their playstyle.
    You make it seem like it's easier to do.

You're just overreacting to something that's not important to a main line Mario game. If it was Mario Kart and it didn't have online, then you'd make a case for yourself. However, Mario games have always leaned to people playing together in the living room.

My Miiverse Drawing!

I don't get what the huge deal is over SM3DW not having online. How would safe files even work? At least with local multiplayer you can load any file that's saved on the game being played

Online is best for games like Pokémon battles, Mario Kart races, Super Smash Bros battles, or even COD, etc. Those all have things that usually don't take too long and the gameplay fits better to playing with people online. Although I have no idea what the hell you would do in GTA V online besides destroy stuff or random missions, it's completely different than having to beat levels, worlds, and bosses that need to be unlocked with random people online who could possibly get kicked off or have to sign off for whatever reason.

Super Mario 3D World doesn't seem like that bad of a game to play alone...it looks fun. I guess what I'm trying to say that there are better suited games to have online. Why focus on this game having crappy online when they can be perfecting Mario Kart 8 and SSB Wii U and 3DS online? Those are the ones that really count

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I don't get what the huge deal is over SM3DW not having online.
    It's just people overreacting during a slow news period. They'll be over it in a few days.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Random idea:

They should make a Donkey Kong game (probably a spinoff) that would be a hybrid platformer/beat em up kind of like God of War or the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed. That would definitely add some variety to their lineup (since Donkey Kong Country is an otherwise generic platformer IP) and another hardcore gaming genre to their repertoire (since Nintendo essentially lacks any beat em up games).

Random idea:

They should make a Donkey Kong game (probably a spinoff) that would be a hybrid platformer/beat em up kind of like God of War or the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed. That would definitely add some variety to their lineup (since Donkey Kong Country is an otherwise generic platformer IP) and another hardcore gaming genre to their repertoire (since Nintendo essentially lacks any beat em up games).
    I'd consider W101 and Bayo2 a beat em up

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    I'd consider W101 and Bayo2 a beat em up
    Bayonetta 2 isn't a Nintendo franchise (and may not be an exclusive anymore), so that's not really helpful. As for Wonderful 101, I have no idea how that plays, so IDK, I'd have to look into that. Still though, the DKC series' elements seem like they'd be well suited towards that sort of gameplay, and having a well known mascot venture into a relatively unused genre would definitely help Nintendo's case as far as genre variety and disproving the notion that Nintendo is full of "kiddie games".

Bayonetta 2 isn't a Nintendo franchise (and may not be an exclusive anymore), so that's not really helpful.
    But it's an exclusive, and it still is, just because Nintendo of Spain removed it from the list doesn't mean anything. Nintendo payed for the production of it, they own the game, just not the series, and I highly doubt kamina would want to work the the other 2 after the mess he went through on the first bayonetta.

But it's an exclusive, and it still is, just because Nintendo of Spain removed it from the list doesn't mean anything. Nintendo payed for the production of it, they own the game, just not the series, and I highly doubt kamina would want to work the the other 2 after the mess he went through on the first bayonetta.
    Still though, I wouldn't want to count on a third party for a beat em up game, especially when Nintendo's relationship with third parties is pretty shaky. Donkey Kong would be more likely to see a new game than either of the two you suggested, it's a well recognized first party mascot, so we'll inevitably end up seeing him quite frequently on Nintendo consoles. It'd be a much more reliable beat em up series than anything else we could see on a Nintendo console.

Still though, I wouldn't want to count on a third party for a beat em up game, especially when Nintendo's relationship with third parties is pretty shaky. Donkey Kong would be more likely to see a new game than either of the two you suggested, it's a well recognized first party mascot, so we'll inevitably end up seeing him quite frequently on Nintendo consoles. It'd be a much more reliable beat em up series than anything else we could see on a Nintendo console.
    Nintendo has a rather good relationship with Monolift soft as well as Platinum

Nintendo has a rather good relationship with Monolift soft as well as Platinum
    Monolith Soft is one of Nintendo's first parties, so of course they would
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Page 155 of 177 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast