Page 155 of 177 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4421

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #3851
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

    Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.

  2. #3852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.
    They're already installed in the console, and this is the one with the 32GB Hard Drive.

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We're getting a new Wii U bundle this coming Nov 1st. It'll come packed with both New Super Mario Bros U & New Super Luigi U at $299.99.

    Nintendo Land is getting its price cut to a half starting that day to $29.99.
    Son of a bish! Wtf Nintendo!

    I should have waited.


    Anyway I'm very excited about assassins creed IV. Pirates man, mother friggin pirates!

  4. #3854
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    They're already installed in the console, and this is the one with the 32GB Hard Drive.
    They're not hard drives, it's flash storage. Faster, far less prone to failure, less power, less space (in terms of physically how much space it takes inside the chassis).


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #3855
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Are those Physical copies or digital copies? And when the hell are they going to start including a bigger hard drive? Yes, you can just get an external. But a bigger internal would still be nice.
    It's Flash Memory, not a hard drive. They can always make a newer model with more memory, but they opted to go the route with you getting an external hard drive. Luckily, you can go up to 2TB. That's what I'm doing since I am planning on going digital.


    My Miiverse Drawing!


  6. #3856
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithCommonSense View Post
    It's Flash Memory, not a hard drive. They can always make a newer model with more memory, but they opted to go the route with you getting an external hard drive. Luckily, you can go up to 2TB. That's what I'm doing since I am planning on going digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They're not hard drives, it's flash storage. Faster, far less prone to failure, less power, less space (in terms of physically how much space it takes inside the chassis).
    You know what we're talking about when we say Hard Drive. And it could still be bigger.

  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You know what we're talking about when we say Hard Drive. And it could still be bigger.
    It'd drive the cost up. Flash memory is still pretty pricey, at this point they've taken the better route in keeping cost lower and leaving it up t the consumer to spend extra for storage only if they need it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You know what we're talking about when we say Hard Drive. And it could still be bigger.
    There's still a difference between a hard drive and flash memory, but I digress.

    As Hydrohs explained, it would increase the price and Nintendo knows not to as it would make the Wii U less appealing in terms of cost. It doesn't help since the official price is now $300. So, seeing another model soon after the price cut could ultimately hamper their sales even further.


    My Miiverse Drawing!


  9. #3859
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-online-mu...cus-1452295638

    Nintendo confirmed to be out of touch with western gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-online-mu...cus-1452295638

    Nintendo confirmed to be out of touch with western gamers.
    Really? Kotaku? That's the best you can do?

    Anyway, I actually applaud them for this. I'd rather play this game with people on my couch, rather then shouting at others on what to do through a headphone. Besides, there are those people online who do nothing but make it hard for you to complete the game. If someone does that in local multiplayer, at least you can reach over and hit them in the shoulder.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  11. #3861
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-online-mu...cus-1452295638

    Nintendo confirmed to be out of touch with western gamers.
    KOOOOOOOTTTTAAAKKKUUUUUUUUUU
    I'm not surprised by it though, online has never been nintendo's focas
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-online-mu...cus-1452295638

    Nintendo confirmed to be out of touch with western gamers.
    Why do people keep linking to Kotaku as if it's a legitimate website? I'll take uncited Wikipedia links before I take Kotaku.

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Anyway, I actually applaud them for this. I'd rather play this game with people on my couch, rather then shouting at others on what to do through a headphone. Besides, there are those people online who do nothing but make it hard for you to complete the game. If someone does that in local multiplayer, at least you can reach over and hit them in the shoulder.
    The solution to this is simple, find someone who won't be a dick to you.

    Outright denying online service on the basis of promoting face to face interaction is stupid, though, especially in the west where it's much harder to get that face to face interaction with another Nintendo fan because of how few and far between they are. That's why I say this kind of thinking alienates western gamers, it denies a key component of their playstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #3864
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The solution to this is simple, find someone who won't be a dick to you.
    You make it sound simple. Finding these people online are few and far between.

    Online cooperative play would make the game worse, not better. You'll have players cursing at one another for not following instructions or doing what they are supposed to, and lets not get into character debates...

    I do not even remember a single game with cooperative multiplater that allowed for online. Before you point to MOBAs or any team-based games, realize that platforming games are a whole different monster, it's you and your companions vs the level which you all are trying to compete, not you and your companions vs another group where your goal is to crush them.

    Face-to-face interaction is actually a good thing and I'd rather more games adopt have. How many times have players received threats or has been made fun of by someone who has ragequit during a game because the player was being "cheap"? While it may sound harsh, I feel these kinds of gamers are poisoning the game industry and giving gamers a bad reputation for lashing out against something they do not like.

    I find games more fun when you're playing with people you can see rather then hear through a headset. And even if it's isolating a large part of the industry, Nintendo has put some thought into this and made the better moral decision rather than a more practical decision. Besides, its not like they've not allowed for online at all, there's ghost data that is probably way more helpful.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  15. #3865

    Default

    ...It's not like anyone forces you to do online multiplayer. If you prefer local multiplayer, then that's fine. If you don't like online multiplayer, that's fine too; no one's forcing you to use it. No one's holding a gun to your head and saying that since the capability for online play is there, you're no longer allowed to do local multiplayer. And that's where the fundamental flaw in this argument lies.

    A game can have both online multiplayer and local multiplayer, such that it caters to both sides of the spectrum. And isn't promoting inclusiveness in games a good thing?
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  16. #3866
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The solution to this is simple, find someone who won't be a dick to you.

    Outright denying online service on the basis of promoting face to face interaction is stupid, though, especially in the west where it's much harder to get that face to face interaction with another Nintendo fan because of how few and far between they are. That's why I say this kind of thinking alienates western gamers, it denies a key component of their playstyle.
    You make it seem like it's easier to do.

    You're just overreacting to something that's not important to a main line Mario game. If it was Mario Kart and it didn't have online, then you'd make a case for yourself. However, Mario games have always leaned to people playing together in the living room.


    My Miiverse Drawing!


  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    I don't get what the huge deal is over SM3DW not having online. How would safe files even work? At least with local multiplayer you can load any file that's saved on the game being played

    Online is best for games like Pokémon battles, Mario Kart races, Super Smash Bros battles, or even COD, etc. Those all have things that usually don't take too long and the gameplay fits better to playing with people online. Although I have no idea what the hell you would do in GTA V online besides destroy stuff or random missions, it's completely different than having to beat levels, worlds, and bosses that need to be unlocked with random people online who could possibly get kicked off or have to sign off for whatever reason.

    Super Mario 3D World doesn't seem like that bad of a game to play alone...it looks fun. I guess what I'm trying to say that there are better suited games to have online. Why focus on this game having crappy online when they can be perfecting Mario Kart 8 and SSB Wii U and 3DS online? Those are the ones that really count




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  18. #3868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I don't get what the huge deal is over SM3DW not having online.
    It's just people overreacting during a slow news period. They'll be over it in a few days.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Random idea:

    They should make a Donkey Kong game (probably a spinoff) that would be a hybrid platformer/beat em up kind of like God of War or the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed. That would definitely add some variety to their lineup (since Donkey Kong Country is an otherwise generic platformer IP) and another hardcore gaming genre to their repertoire (since Nintendo essentially lacks any beat em up games).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #3870
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Random idea:

    They should make a Donkey Kong game (probably a spinoff) that would be a hybrid platformer/beat em up kind of like God of War or the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed. That would definitely add some variety to their lineup (since Donkey Kong Country is an otherwise generic platformer IP) and another hardcore gaming genre to their repertoire (since Nintendo essentially lacks any beat em up games).
    I'd consider W101 and Bayo2 a beat em up
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    I'd consider W101 and Bayo2 a beat em up
    Bayonetta 2 isn't a Nintendo franchise (and may not be an exclusive anymore), so that's not really helpful. As for Wonderful 101, I have no idea how that plays, so IDK, I'd have to look into that. Still though, the DKC series' elements seem like they'd be well suited towards that sort of gameplay, and having a well known mascot venture into a relatively unused genre would definitely help Nintendo's case as far as genre variety and disproving the notion that Nintendo is full of "kiddie games".
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #3872
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Bayonetta 2 isn't a Nintendo franchise (and may not be an exclusive anymore), so that's not really helpful.
    But it's an exclusive, and it still is, just because Nintendo of Spain removed it from the list doesn't mean anything. Nintendo payed for the production of it, they own the game, just not the series, and I highly doubt kamina would want to work the the other 2 after the mess he went through on the first bayonetta.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    But it's an exclusive, and it still is, just because Nintendo of Spain removed it from the list doesn't mean anything. Nintendo payed for the production of it, they own the game, just not the series, and I highly doubt kamina would want to work the the other 2 after the mess he went through on the first bayonetta.
    Still though, I wouldn't want to count on a third party for a beat em up game, especially when Nintendo's relationship with third parties is pretty shaky. Donkey Kong would be more likely to see a new game than either of the two you suggested, it's a well recognized first party mascot, so we'll inevitably end up seeing him quite frequently on Nintendo consoles. It'd be a much more reliable beat em up series than anything else we could see on a Nintendo console.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Still though, I wouldn't want to count on a third party for a beat em up game, especially when Nintendo's relationship with third parties is pretty shaky. Donkey Kong would be more likely to see a new game than either of the two you suggested, it's a well recognized first party mascot, so we'll inevitably end up seeing him quite frequently on Nintendo consoles. It'd be a much more reliable beat em up series than anything else we could see on a Nintendo console.
    Nintendo has a rather good relationship with Monolift soft as well as Platinum
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  25. #3875
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    Nintendo has a rather good relationship with Monolift soft as well as Platinum
    Monolith Soft is one of Nintendo's first parties, so of course they would
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Page 155 of 177 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •