Page 157 of 175 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Then here's a better question. Who here is getting one?
    Not me but my first gaming system was a Super Nintendo, the second model that got released in 1997. I was about 3 years old and loved a few games my cousins had. Although I think getting a Wii U is just a better idea financially since you get so much more. My Aunt and Uncle bought my 4 year old cousin a Wii last Christmas because they had no idea, and I would have known I would have let them know they'd get everything they wanted and even more if they got a Wii U

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Everyone in this thread are people who care, who, as I mentioned earlier, have already hopped on the Wii bandwagon a long time ago.
    Sorry. That was my fault.

I was actually referring to the Wii Mini when I asked that question. I'm pretty sure almost everyone here either has a Wii U, or plans to get one.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

You're missing who the target audience for the Wii Mini is. The people who are interested in all that shovelware pretty much. Anyone else has already jumped on the Wii bandwagon a long time ago. This wasn't a decision because they want to market and make a ton of money on the Wii, it was a decision because they have them, might as well. These people know little about consoles, what's current or what's supported doesn't matter. They heard about some stupid game and they want to play it, or they want to get that new Mario game for their kid and they don't want to spend a lot. The informed and caring customer has moved on. We've been selling the Wii Minis here for a while now, and that's exactly who buys them.
    this. its quite annoying at times to see gamer act like their opinion is the law in gaming, where, just cause they dont like something (the wii mini in this case), they assume that NO ONE will like it. the indusrty is not a hivemind, nor should it be, yet so many gamers seem to want it to be. As hydrohs said, the wii mini is for ignorant people who know/care little to nothing about the gaming industry. the more serious gamers, like ones on here, will go after wii u, ps4, or xbox one. i say, just let the soccer moms and grandparents and 3 year olds have fun with the wii mini, cause chances are, after xmas, it be discontinued, and we'll never have to see or hear of it again.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Sorry. That was my fault.

I was actually referring to the Wii Mini when I asked that question. I'm pretty sure almost everyone here either has a Wii U, or plans to get one.
    I was also talking about the Wii Mini. No one in this thread is the market for a Wii Mini.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well, collectors like myself kind of are. Super budget revisions are always fun to own, even if they provide no purpose that the original version of the hardware does, and some of them are arguably better, like the AV Famicom.

Wii Mini is probably my least favorite of the budget revisions, but at least it isn't as pointless as an SNES Jr.

To whoever here has a Wii U:
    Are you getting Super Mario 3D World? If so, when?
    I am getting it, picking up my copy tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I picked it up the second I got off work, in addition to picking up A Link Between Worlds. The fact that today was payday may or may not have had an impact on this timing.

Thus far I'm enjoying it. It's definitely a step in the right direction compared to the New Super Mario Bros. games.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Picked up Wind Waker and Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds because of a promotion Gamestop was offering. Gonna play through Mario first because Mario, though
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

i got a wii u deluxe system with the two Mario games bundled with it on the 12th of this month. glad i had decided to wait on the U for a year. since then i've been actually enjoying it. the features like Miiverse. didn't think i'd like it so much. i also managed to get a sleeve and a screen protector for my gamepad. Yesterday i bought both 3D World and Mario party Island tour but can't play it cuz i had to pawn my 3ds but played 3d world. the best mario game i've played in a while. love the fact that i can play as 4 of the characters instead of just Mario

Next up i plan on getting a wii u point card so i can purchase Wii Street U. plan on doing some virtual traveling soon. Florida, south america, africa....

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    Got it at GameStop yesterday, along with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour. Already cleared the first two worlds.

My WiiU is such a wasteland right now. Basically all I play on it is my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I really have to get Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World, then I guess my system will start seeing more action. Next year he'll probably be busting with activity! I never understand why Nintendo always launches their hardware with such a tiny amount of games. I mean, the 3DS is awesome now, but remember when it was released? There was next to nothing on it! It always takes a while for Nintendo to pick up some first party steam... I'd say first/third, but then again, the Wii didn't ever get that third party help. I hope WiiU has a better luck with that along it's way...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

It's actually not always, it's really just been this way for the 3DS and Wii U.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

After playing through the new Mario game, I love it, traditional Mario and all, but it felt like something was lacking, kinda like 3D Land. Probably because Galaxy/2 are both fresh in my mind and top 5 games

Although it was a ton of fun, and seeing them all in HD was pretty cool
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    After playing through the new Mario game, I love it, traditional Mario and all, but it felt like something was lacking, kinda like 3D Land. Probably because Galaxy/2 are both fresh in my mind and top 5 games

Although it was a ton of fun, and seeing them all in HD was pretty cool
    I can imagine. The game looks neat and all, but it just doesn't look next gen at all, it looks like something that they could've put on the Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I decided to take advantage of a Black Friday deal on Amazon last week where they were selling the Wii U Black Premium console bundled with Lego City Undercover and Rayman Legends for Ł199! That offer seemed far too good to turn down and I was quite thankful that I managed to bag one due to the high demand for it. I did see a number of other offers on the GAME website this morning as part of 'Cyber Monday' - most notably the Wind Waker and Mega Mario bundles for Ł199 each. I wouldn't have minded the Wind Waker one in particular due to the awesome Triforce Gamepad but I certainly can't complain with the deal I went for. I'm putting it aside now until Christmas as I have asked my parents to contribute towards it and make it a present from them, but I can't wait to get stuck in and play it when the day arrives.

I'm sure that the Wii U will soon have an upturn in fortunes just like the 3DS did. It certainly has all of the potential to become a powerhouse after a few more top-tier games have been released, despite the prejudices of the mainstream media and so called 'hardcore' gamers who don't deem it next-gen. In my mind, it is as next-gen as its rivals since, while the XBOne and PS4 are all about processing power and graphics, Nintendo leads the way once again with innovation. Without having used the Wii U yet, I bet that using the tablet Gamepad will feel every bit as novel as the Wii's motion controls were when taking that first serve in tennis on Wii Sports.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 2nd December 2013 at 5:38 PM.

^Das an amazing deal right thar. Asked for the Zelda bundle for Christmas and really hoping to get Mario 3D World along with Rayman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I can imagine. The game looks neat and all, but it just doesn't look next gen at all, it looks like something that they could've put on the Wii.
    Wii max resolution: 720x480. Wii U max resolution 1920x1080. Nope, they couldn't have put it on the Wii looking like that at all.

Wii max resolution: 720x480. Wii U max resolution 1920x1080. Nope, they couldn't have put it on the Wii looking like that at all.
    I wasn't talking about the graphics.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I wasn't talking about the graphics.
    Then what were you talking about? Next Gen is only graphics. That's what new generations mean. Perhaps more storage space, but that's it. With the exception of the Wii and its waggle, any game could be done on any system if you take graphics out of the picture.

That's really sad if that's all "next gen" means. It's just a solitary aspect of a game... >>

Then what were you talking about? Next Gen is only graphics. That's what new generations mean. Perhaps more storage space, but that's it. With the exception of the Wii and its waggle, any game could be done on any system if you take graphics out of the picture.
    It's not just the Wii, but DS and Wii U as well. All of Nintendo's consoles in the last two generations (except for 3DS) have been pushing new styles of play. The Gamepad certainly looks like something that can do new things, but thus far it has failed to provide new experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom Router View Post
    That's really sad if that's all "next gen" means. It's just a solitary aspect of a game... >>
    That pretty much it, gameplay remains the same. NES > SNES? Better Graphics. SNES > N64? Besides the analog stick, better graphics. N64 > GameCube? Better graphics. Etc. You're just getting more powerful hardware, more powerful hardware doesn't create new ideas.

It's not just the Wii, but DS and Wii U as well. All of Nintendo's consoles in the last two generations (except for 3DS) have been pushing new styles of play. The Gamepad certainly looks like something that can do new things, but thus far it has failed to provide new experiences.
    The Wii U has no new styles of gameplay, a second screen was done by the DS, waggle was done by the Wii.

The Wii U should of released this year with it's current line up.

That'd turn heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom Router View Post
    Agreed. Graphics are becoming more and more meaningless each gen, at some point, if that's really all there is past this point, the concept of hardware generations will become meaningless at that point.

That pretty much it, gameplay remains the same. NES > SNES? Better Graphics. SNES > N64? Besides the analog stick, better graphics. N64 > GameCube? Better graphics. Etc. You're just getting more powerful hardware, more powerful hardware doesn't create new ideas.
    Which is why many consoles (especially nowadays) are missing the point of a new hardware generation. It's not simply about upgrading the hardware to make prettier games, it's about creating entirely new ways of playing them. If graphics are no longer enough to do that, then they need to do more than improve graphics. Graphics have already reached their limit for creating new gameplay styles, and they're starting to reach their limit for making noticeable improvements to the visuals. It's time to shift focus. I think it would be better if consoles focused on improving control schemes as Nintendo is attempting to do, it's the next logical step to creating a greater sense of immersion in gaming.

The Wii U has no new styles of gameplay, a second screen was done by the DS, waggle was done by the Wii.
    The detached screens do create new gameplay styles, actually. Zombi U, for instance, forces you to divide your attention between the action happening on your TV screen and your inventory on the Gamepad, that wouldn't have worked on another console.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wii U should of released this year with it's current line up.

That'd turn heads.
    That wouldn't have helped. The games are what turn heads, not the console itself, and this lineup would still be considered underwhelming regardless of when they'd be released.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 3rd December 2013 at 4:21 AM.

Dunno I think graphics can lead to a unique style which can set the charm of a game.

Page 157 of 175 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast