Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Mystery Dungeon is nothing like Diablo...
    At its core Diablo is a roguelike rpg.

PMD is a very simple roguelike rpg.

I never said they were the same, if Nintendo is smart they can make a PMD that emulates Diablo and put it on the Wii U.

Isn't PMD just not-Shinen The Wanderer. Like it's a specific type of roguelike and not really like Diablo at all or something

And also probably not touched by Nintendo at all since its made by ChunSoft

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Isn't PMD just not-Shinen The Wanderer. Like it's a specific type of roguelike and not really like Diablo at all or something

And also probably not touched by Nintendo at all since its made by ChunSoft
    I never said they were similar, I like how yall put words in my mouth.

I'm aware that Diablo has evolved (no pun intended) to be a "different" rougelike game to the point where hardcore gamers (hardcore diablo fans) don't even acknowledge that if you strip it down, at its core, Diablo is indeed a roguelike game.

I am also aware that PMD is way different from Diablo but since it is a roguelike game it can be made to emulate diablo in certain aspects.

Nintendo publishes, and while publishers dont make games they can make suggestions and Pokemon is owned by Nintendo so yeah it has authority over it.

From what I've seen of PMD, it seems as though Chunsoft has been taking it in a progressively more... juvenile-accessible direction.

I'd like to see a return to the Rescue Team and Explorers kinds of influence on the series, personally, though I feel as though it'd be better suited to the 3DS than the Wii U myself.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I never said they were similar, I like how yall put words in my mouth.
    It's just this part:

and you essentially have Diablo on a Nintendo console.
    PMD could never become Diablo, sure their genres may be the same on a base level but that's it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's just this part:

PMD could never become Diablo, sure their genres may be the same on a base level but that's it.
    Yeah the word essentially does not mean similar or exactly the the same.

I know that, I said it would be cool if they emulated some of the stuff that makes Diablo well Diablo but not to emulate it completely because it wouldn't work.
    Gates to infinity watered down the story a lot and changed a few gameplay mechanics but if they bring back the old story writing and mechanics it would be great, the only reason I would want it to be on the Wii U for online but after seeing what X/Y and animal crossing accomplished a new PMD with a focus on online can function on the 3ds. C'mon chun soft I want to see more of that imaginative writing you guys are known for.

They should just bring the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series to the Wii U and focus on making the online good and you essentially have Diablo on a Nintendo console.
    Mystery Dungeon wouldn't really have the same effect, you don't get open world exploration except for the hub areas. I'm talking about a game that centers around exploring the large, open world areas that Pokepark had, the dynamic battling system, and the ability to use Pokemon's abilities in the field (like how in 2 you could swim with Oshawott, double jump with Snivy, and break rocks with Tepig). So basically, a spiritual sequel to Pokepark that frees itself of the stigma of being "that mini game game".

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    From what I've seen of PMD, it seems as though Chunsoft has been taking it in a progressively more... juvenile-accessible direction.

I'd like to see a return to the Rescue Team and Explorers kinds of influence on the series, personally, though I feel as though it'd be better suited to the 3DS than the Wii U myself.
    The entire franchise seems to have moved in that direction if BW1 and XY are any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Mystery Dungeon wouldn't really have the same effect, you don't get open world exploration except for the hub areas. I'm talking about a game that centers around exploring the large, open world areas that Pokepark had, the dynamic battling system, and the ability to use Pokemon's abilities in the field (like how in 2 you could swim with Oshawott, double jump with Snivy, and break rocks with Tepig). So basically, a spiritual sequel to Pokepark that frees itself of the stigma of being "that mini game game".

The entire franchise seems to have moved in that direction if BW1 and XY are any indication.
    I wasn't saying that it is, I always quote people so it seemed like I was suggesting it as a response to your post but no I wasn't lol. I agree with you though. What art style was Pokepark? wouldn't mind seeing a cell shaded pokepark like game. Unless they are cell shaded then never mind. I never played the games but they always intrigued me.

How well does Pokepark sell anyway

aka, Pokemon Minigames: The Game :V
    Extremely mediocrely for Pokémon spin-offs(Yes, vgchartz are the devil etc. I don't have the official sales figures, sorry). However, it was intended for really young audiences, so it is not really surprising.

Well, the Gen III console RPGs and PBR did use Doubles as their main thing, to take advantage of the larger screen size; considering that Double Battles aren't in stereoscopic 3D in XY, I guess there's an argument to be made for the niche of "slightly cooler-looking Double battles."

The other thing is that the Gen III consoles RPGs deviated from the handheld RPGs in how they handled obtaining Pokemon (using the Snag Machine to steal Shadow Pokemon, then purify them vs. go into really tall grass and battle purified mons there). Another console RPG could be a chance to mix up some aspect/s of traditional Pokemon games in the same way Colosseum and XD:GoD did, without necessarily having the same association with the series that the handheld games do.
    I suppose something can be done with Tsunekaz Ishihara's desire to make Pokémon to have more appeal to mature audiences, but that can't really be justified as a console title either. That, and GF would most likely want to do something like this themselves, if the escalation of the villains/legendaries and their B/W concept artwork are any indication. *

*Sure, Great Detective Pikachu isn't being developed by GF, but it is a spin-off in gameplay sense as well as story sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Which isn't a bad thing at all, as Pokémon has been recently gaining a massive 0-6 year old audience(as opposed to their earlier shonen demographic in mid 90s-early 2000s, though this shift is pretty much true for any child friendly IP that have been made in late 2000s-early 2010s) in Japan, and a similar audience probably exists in America as well.

Of course, it could have been much better if we had proper difficulty settings, but it would be just as complicated as blowing a flute on the top of a mountain at the center of a Japanese region to summon the Creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    The Wii U and Vita are great pieces of hardware, but just don't have the support due to fierce competition.
    •PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbone VS Wii U
    •3DS VS Vita
    Seems like Sega is agreeing with you in that department. But then again, Sega.

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the article. False alarm.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 4th February 2014 at 3:27 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

For those waiting for a new Nintendo Direct, I have a parody Direct video that I randomly came across to ease your hunger for new game announcements

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KfkoQ...%3DG-KfkoQ0MqA

This guy's Iwata impression is spot-on! His body movements, accent, and speech pattern is near identical to the real Iwata, even coming bonus with the phrase "Please understand!". I laughed through the whole thing. To me, one outstanding moment is when he was talking about Titanfall and Infamous Second Son, and how they suck because they were made by western developers. Reminds me of one user on this site haha I don't remember his/her name though
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

For those waiting for a new Nintendo Direct, I have a parody Direct video that I randomly came across to ease your hunger for new game announcements

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KfkoQ...%3DG-KfkoQ0MqA

This guy's Iwata impression is spot-on! His body movements, accent, and speech pattern is near identical to the real Iwata, even coming bonus with the phrase "Please understand!". I laughed through the whole thing. To me, one outstanding moment is when he was talking about Titanfall and Infamous Second Son, and how they suck because they were made by western developers. Reminds me of one user on this site haha I don't remember his/her name though
    I could probably write a better parody. That accent is spot on, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

... Did he open the door and point the Wii remote at her? I find it hard to believe some pudgy 17-year-old could be at all threatening with a Wii Remote.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

... Did he open the door and point the Wii remote at her? I find it hard to believe some pudgy 17-year-old could be at all threatening with a Wii Remote.
    Watch out. I have a nunchuk and I'm not afraid to use it...I mean, them.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Oh I heard about this, sad story. Supposedly she had the gun out when he answered.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

People actually used Nexflix on their Wii? That like, the worst device to run it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    People actually used Nexflix on their Wii? That like, the worst device to run it on.
    Nah, man. I used to have a friend who watched Netflix on his 3DS! I was like "Whoa, DUDE!! Just ask for a smartphone or laptop if you're gonna be watching movie and TV on that small-arse and horrible screen!". Feels like decades have past before the whole thing fully loads. I downloaded the Youtube app for the 3DS last month, and was met with the same POTATOp quality. The Vita also the same. Netflix quality is a little better, and the thing loads up much faster, but still nothing to write home about.

I mean, if that's the only thing you have, go ahead and use it. But if you have another device to watch Youtube or Netflix on, just use that instead. Spare yourself from the 3DS' horrible video quality.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222912-d...japanese-sales
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze japanese sales damaged by heavy snow?

The weather is bad
    The economy is bad
    Nobody buys video games anymore
    The industry is going to crash
    Everybody is suddenly buying digital.

only on wii u will you get these excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222912-d...japanese-sales
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze japanese sales damaged by heavy snow?

The weather is bad
    The economy is bad
    Nobody buys video games anymore
    The industry is going to crash
    Everybody is suddenly buying digital.

only on wii u will you get these excuses
    I wasn't aware that Media Create made excuses
    that's kind of really silly

I wasn't aware that Media Create made excuses
    that's kind of really silly
    Ouch. 36K is small. In comparison, how big (or small) did DKCR do first week in Japan when it launched? It seems the Wii U is just not going to cut it. Couple with the fact that there doesn't seem to be much hype for the PS4 in Japan either (first two days of sales should be up by Monday or Wednesday), consoles might just have a MUCH LESSER appeal and fanbase these days in Japan. Just a very heavy handheld and mobile oriented demographic now. And if the Wii U and PS4 don't do well, just wonder at how laughable Xbone sales will be.

...Or it could just be the bad weathers are really bad. These ain't no Monster Hunter, main Pokémon, or DQ titles.

...Did anyone honestly expect DKCTF to really be a big seller though? I mean, it's essentially recycling DKCR's ideas, and is just another game on the long list of platformers on the Wii U. It certainly didn't have all that much hype, so its sales (or lack thereof) don't really seem like that big of a surprise.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    ...Did anyone honestly expect DKCTF to really be a big seller though? I mean, it's essentially recycling DKCR's ideas, and is just another game on the long list of platformers on the Wii U. It certainly didn't have all that much hype, so its sales (or lack thereof) don't really seem like that big of a surprise.
    Oh boy, you gonna get it now! The Legion of Cranky Kong will swing by your house tonight. Be prepared to have feces thrown at you, and the bananas in your kitchen stolen.

I can't tell if there was hype. GAF was always talking about it, and how Cranky Kong was gonna make it sell millions. I don't know if they were honestly excited for the game, or just making fun of Nintendo. Probably both.

However, this is for Japan. Let's wait until we have NPD reports. DKCR sold 3M and 1.6M in the US and UK, respectively. While in Japan, it sold only slightly over 1M.

There's definitely been no hype for Tropical Freeze.

Ouch. 36K is small. In comparison, how big (or small) did DKCR do first week in Japan when it launched? It seems the Wii U is just not going to cut it. Couple with the fact that there doesn't seem to be much hype for the PS4 in Japan either (first two days of sales should be up by Monday or Wednesday), consoles might just have a MUCH LESSER appeal and fanbase these days in Japan. Just a very heavy handheld and mobile oriented demographic now. And if the Wii U and PS4 don't do well, just wonder at how laughable Xbone sales will be.

...Or it could just be the bad weathers are really bad. These ain't no Monster Hunter, main Pokémon, or DQ titles.
    DKCR sold 163,310 copies in its first week and DKCR 3D sold 104,569 copies. You;re right that Japan is very big on mobile games & handheld games. I do wonder what the first week sales for TF will be in the US & Europe. I don't now if TF's sales in Japan include digital sales though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

There's definitely been no hype for Tropical Freeze.
    butbutbut Twitter

gotta appeal to all those hip youngsters by empathizing with their sentiments concerning gigantic corporations' misguided attempts to appeal to 'em, amirite

Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast