Page 18 of 177 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Assassin's Creed III would seem like a logical launch title since that it would have been already released for the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 by the time that Nintendo releases the system. That is if the stick to the usual mid November release dates of their home consoles dating back to the GameCube. But hey, Rayman Legends and that Avengers game would also seem like plausible launch titles since that they would have more than likely been produced by then. Then again Rayman Legends does though seem to be like a game that would more than likely be released during the launch time frame like around a few weeks after launch. That is if Ubisoft gets the entire game developed before the systems launch but not enough time to get it out for the launch of the game. Besides the point, We should get a general idea of what games should come out during the launch time next month at E3.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I plan on getting a Wii U later this year, I don't care how much it would cost I want to get one right away and get Assassin's Creed III with it. I for one am glad the Nintendo is going to have some great third-party developers for there system now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    I plan on getting a Wii U later this year, I don't care how much it would cost I want to get one right away and get Assassin's Creed III with it. I for one am glad the Nintendo is going to have some great third-party developers for there system now.
    Uhm, it's just more of the same developers as the Wii.

I am really liking everything about the Wii U but I'm still not sure if I will get it

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    Uhm, it's just more of the same developers as the Wii.
    What? The Wii severely lacked 3rd party titles due to lack of power. Now that the Wii U is capable of handling these games,it's getting titles such as AC,Ghost Recon,Batman AC,Ninja Gaiden III,etc.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGengar View Post
    What? The Wii severely lacked 3rd party titles due to lack of power. Now that the Wii U is capable of handling these games,it's getting titles such as AC,Ghost Recon,Batman AC,Ninja Gaiden III,etc.
    List the major third party developers producing games for the Wii.
    List the major third party developers producing games for the Wii U.

I can assure you; it will be next to no difference once you find out who's onboard, you'll just get more multiplatform ports from the usual developers rather than entirely different games.

What's funnier is literally all of the titles you mentioned are those very multiplatform games.

I can assure you; it will be next to no difference once you find out who's onboard, you'll just get more multiplatform ports from the usual developers rather than entirely different games.

What's funnier is literally all of the titles you mentioned are those very multiplatform games.
    Except that was Wii's biggest problem concerning third-parties; they missed out on a boatload of multiplatform games, and many of the ones they did get were downgraded ports of the 360/PS3 version. As long as Wii U doesn't get screwed on multiplatform games it will be fine.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Except that was Wii's biggest problem concerning third-parties; they missed out on a boatload of multiplatform games, and many of the ones they did get were downgraded ports of the 360/PS3 version. As long as Wii U doesn't get screwed on multiplatform games it will be fine.
    THIS!

The Wii's ports are awful! Not only were there the graphics worse but every software developer seemed like they were forced to use the motion controls when the Classic Controller was clearly available. Let's just hope that they don't do similar and think that they have to use the tablet's touchscreen.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Only having multiplatform titles didn't save the Gamecube, so I expect a repeat of that. People are better off buying a competing console with an established userbase and online infrastructure, rather than Nintendo's obvious baby steps into the times.

What's worse is this console is heavily rumored to not be substantially powerful than the current generation's hardware.

But I'm sure the latest Mario won't actually require powerful processors to run.

What's worse is this console is heavily rumored to not be substantially powerful than the current generation's hardware.
    And every developer that's worked with it has, for the most part, said it's at least on par with current generation hardware or stronger.

Can we stop jumping early to the panic button since Nintendo is not and has yet to be in the same boat as Sega was. I mean that since that Nintendo is going back to do what they can do to compete running with Sony and Microsoft. In fact, The 3DS is beating the Vita in all markets since that the 3DS is better designed as a handheld because it can also double as a convention tool with StreetPass and have stuff the Vita just don't got. But hey, There is still a chance that the Wii U would have Unreal Engine 4 but at least will have Unreal Engine 3.5. Besides, Nintendo means "leave luck to the heavens" anyways and we should do leave luck to the heavens also when it comes to Nintendo.

Other than that, I've seen that there is a rumor about there being a iCloud like thing for the Wii U. Hope that they would since that it could possible mean that the Nintendo DS Player wouldn't be needed if they do this. That is because the Cloud could have the digital copies of retail games that you bought on the 3DS' eShop on the Cloud which you could get download on your Wii U also. Guess that it would probably be like Apple's iCloud since that is how a cloud system works out after all.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Can we stop jumping early to the panic button since Nintendo is not and has yet to be in the same boat as Sega was.
    *Destroys abnormaly long quote*

Funny, since YOU implied they were on the same boat.

Opinions are one think that can change especially when it comes to stuff like businesses. Though I did look at the picture and realized that Nintendo ain't dead like Sega yet. In fact, I could possibly see something like these congressmen that want cigar warning labels on video games would actually might support Nintendo since Mario ain't violent as Call of Dooty. I mean that since hearing a news report about hearing about a kid committing animal cruelty on turtles by stomping on their backs because of a video game has a high a chance to actually happening as Pig flying in a frozen over hell. But hey, I guess that someone at Nintendo gets "wings" when someone returns a Call of Dooty game.

What in all hell are you even talking about? What are you ever talking about? Why is it you refuse to stop making posts like that?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

What I was trying to get at is that people that complain that video games are violent would more likely side with Nintendo instead of Sony or Microsoft since Nintendo games are not that violent as M rated games.

But hey, I think that was more easier to say that than what my past posts were. Gonna start doing this more regularly since this is way easier. Thanks BCVM22 for showing me the error of my posting ways.

You're always doing that giant paragraph and then finishing it off with 'but hey...'

And like Chompy said, I hope the game developers don't get too hooked up with the tablet's touch screen.
    I claim Larvitar!

I also agree that they shouldn't go touch screen crazy since that most gamers aren't that crazy about "touch". Though they would more than likely repeat their outing in 2004 with the DS if they go crazy with touch screens again. I mean by that is they would probably recycle the DS' catchphrase if the go crazy with the tablet's touch screen. Besides, I hope they would more be crazy about HD graphics since that is the "in" thing with games these days.
    Last edited by DaAuraWolf; 19th May 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    You're always doing that giant paragraph and then finishing it off with 'but hey...'
    I was wondering why nobody pointed that out yet.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177531

Dunno if anyone posted that. One of the guys working on Alien Colonial Marines praises the Wii U in the interview. Pretty interesting stuff.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

This little baby was leaked over twitter a little bit earlier today from a tester at Tales Games. Seems like that it might be what the final Wii U tablet would look like. Though I beat that the guy who originally would more than likely get fired over this little leak since a guy got put in jail over in Japan because he leaked Pignite to the world. Now before I get carried away with jabbering on about, Here is what that Wii U tablet looks which got leaked.

Spoiler:- Final Wii U tablet design !?:

The only thing that I would like to see that they would tweak about it is that they should have the Tablet's battery life much better than the 3DS'. Everything else is fine since that the control circles are better than circle pads any day of the week. Though at least they have two of them on the original design of having a stupid Wii U Tablet Circle Pad Pro which would make the tablet look stupid like the 3DS Circle Pad does with the 3DS.
    Last edited by DaAuraWolf; 19th May 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Smaller image

If this is legit, that's a shame. I really liked the 3DS-esque Circle Pads. Anyway, it appears that the screen is smaller and the face buttons D-Pad have moved in slightly. Other than that it looks the same, more or less. I expect we won't need to worry about battery life if we can charge the controller while we play.

EDIT: Looked closer, and snowyR_N is right the controller is wider. The Start/Select buttons have also moved
    Last edited by Aurath8; 19th May 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

a quick mock up someone else made. SEems the white bits got an extension

People, PLEASE stop spreading this dev kit controller as a "redesign".

This very image is from 2011, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    This little baby was leaked over twitter a little bit earlier today from a tester at Tales Games. Seems like that it might be what the final Wii U tablet would look like. Though I beat that the guy who originally would more than likely get fired over this little leak since a guy got put in jail over in Japan because he leaked Pignite to the world. Now before I get carried away with jabbering on about, Here is what that Wii U tablet looks which got leaked.

Spoiler:- Final Wii U tablet design !?:
    The placement of the buttons is better than the first version shown in E3 last year (+ and - buttons in a much more reasonable place), but I'm still not a fan of where the Home button is. Ofcourse, the Home button isn't going to be used to actually play games, so it doesn't need immediate access, but even so I am slightly bewildered as to how you grip the controller when you do want to press it, especially if it's hard to hold with one hand. The weight distribution better not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    If this is legit, that's a shame. I really liked the 3DS-esque Circle Pads. Anyway, it appears that the screen is smaller and the face buttons D-Pad have moved in slightly. Other than that it looks the same, more or less. I expect we won't need to worry about battery life if we can charge the controller while we play.

EDIT: Looked closer, and snowyR_N is right the controller is wider. The Start/Select buttons have also moved
    The circle pads the 3DS uses aren't to my liking.

I'm glad to see analogue sticks that aren't 8 direction. Hopefully the final controller looks something like this, and hopefully it doesn't weigh as much as the console itself.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I'm glad to see analogue sticks that aren't 8 direction.
    I absolutely hated the 8 direction analogs on the classic controller and the nunchuck. I'm really happy to see they aren't anymore.

And about the weight of the tablet, I use my lap to hold any tablets and stuff so I don't care. Even normal PS360 controllers, I always place my hands on my lap and my controller in my hands. It feels much more confortable than balancing something in mid air.
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 18 of 177 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast