Page 21 of 177 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

that seems like a neat idea, but let's not get too hopeful. The more ideas and features nintendo throws in, the better a chance the wii u could take the market by storm

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I'll give it 18 months after the release. If Nintendo hasn't mentioned the idea by then, I'll pitch it to them and hope that they accept it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I'll give it 18 months after the release. If Nintendo hasn't mentioned the idea by then, I'll pitch it to them and hope that they accept it.
    You make it sound so easy, really...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You make it sound so easy, really...
    How long did it take for Nintendo to announce the GB gameplayer on GC after the release of the GC?

A Nintendo DS player for the Wii U would be really nice. Though there is one think that I could plausibly see that would "technically" do this but with not an expansion think that the GameBoy Player that they have had for the SNES, N64, and GameCube. That thing being this rumored Cloud System that the Wii U is supposed to be having. Now breaking it into more easier understanding for it be the plausible "technically" DS player, Nintendo would probably release an update for the 3DS also for this Lakitu's Cloud (that's what I'm going to call the Cloud System for Nintendo) since any company would want to have all of their software to be running their Cloud system. I mean that since Apple has all their products on their Cloud and that Cloud systems are seemed to be link with each of the specific company's devices.

Besides that way complicated way to break down an easier way to have the DS Player without actually making a physical DS player , I'm way excited about what Nintendo is going to be detailing about the console at E3 tomorrow come noon my time. Actually wouldn't mind if they would announce the "BIG" name launch title games. Though that would be even nicer if they include Pikmin 3 in that list of launch games.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

How long did it take for Nintendo to announce the GB gameplayer on GC after the release of the GC?
    The Gameboy Player came out in 2003 and the Gamecube came out in 2001/2002 (depending on what region you live in), so it wasn't an incredibly long time after the Gamecube launched. Let's not get our hopes up for a DS Player being announced at this E3 though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

If Nintendo hasn't mentioned the idea by then, I'll pitch it to them and hope that they accept it.
    You are fully aware of the reality of this, I'm sure.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You are fully aware of the reality of this, I'm sure.
    Yeah yeah, don't have to be so negative you know, I'm fully aware that it will most likely never happen and I'll live my life wallowing in sadness in my mother's basement.

Just watched Nintendo's E3 live, it was pretty boring IMO.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Just watched Nintendo's E3 live, it was pretty boring IMO.
    I thought it was great. New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3 look impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I thought it was great. New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3 look impressive.
    What about everything else. There weren't much stuff I was interested in this E3.
    I claim Larvitar!

It wasn't 2003 or 2008 bad, but it was darn close.

So we have...

- Pikmin 3 (The only sure fire winner there)
    - Mario Brothers U (Only noticeably thing being cleaner environments and baby yoshis, if that counts).
    - Batman Arkham City (EDIT: Wait, all DLC included confirmed.)
    - Ninja Gaiden 3 (With a subtitle but no obvious new content)
    - Assassin's Creed 3
    - Mass Effect 3 (Which will be kind of wonky standalone)
    - Darksiders 2 (Rumored to be reworked for the U, of course)
    - EDIT: Lego City Stories (I am actually torn here, since this basically is going to be the most ambitious Lego game ever)
    - EDIT: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Which, like Assassin's Creed, seems to have been unnamed because the game hadn't been announced yet)
    - EDIT: Rayman Legends (Fantastic. Great thing to have.)

and Nintendo Land... the Mii amusement park cross-over game that I guess is going to be the pack-in because they spent 15 minutes on it...

You're supposed to build hype with these things, Nintendo, not reinforce our apathy.

EDIT:

You know what, standalone, with no context from the current HD twins, this isn't horrible at all (Even though Ninja Gaiden 3 apparently is).
    Last edited by Pinsirius; 5th June 2012 at 11:35 PM.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsirius View Post
    It wasn't 2003 or 2008 bad, but it was darn close.

So we have...

- Pikmin 3 (The only sure fire winner there)
    - Mario Brothers U (Only noticeably thing being cleaner environments and baby yoshis, if that counts).
    - Batman Arkham City (With basically no new content)
    - Ninja Gaiden 3 (With a subtitle but no obvious new content)
    - Assassin's Creed 3
    - Mass Effect 3 (Which will be kind of wonky standalone)
    - Darksiders 2 (Rumored to be reworked for the U, of course)

and Nintendo Land... the Mii amusement park cross-over game that I guess is going to be the pack-in because they spent 15 minutes on it...

You're supposed to build hype with these things, Nintendo, not reinforce our apathy.
    The baby Yoshi got me pretty excited, it reminds me of Super Mario Land. Pikmin 3, Paper Mario and NSMBU+2 were also things that caught my attention. But that's it..
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    What about everything else. There weren't much stuff I was interested in this E3.
    Paper Mario Sticker Star.

To me it's not about the quanity of good games. It's about the quality. E3 2006 is my favourite just cuz it had smash bros in it, I barely remember what else was announced. And 2009 was great too IMO because of Galaxy 2 and NSMBWii.

Whereas 2010 and 2011 were just about showing off the 3DS and WiiU respectively with not really any impressive games other than like a trailer for Skyward Sword with half the stuff in it not even appearing in the game in 20100, and SM3DL in 2011

All this time and this is what they had to present for the Wii U...

Yeah, I don't see this thing taking off this year. At all.

I think the Wii U's gonna do fine regardless of how crap that presentation was.
    I claim Larvitar!

just like how the 3DS did fine at launch right

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    That did crap because of the lack of first party launch titles. The Wii U has NSMBU and Pikmin 3

A new WarioWare game was announced to be a Wii U launch title. Why wasn't this in your conference, Nintendo?

Personally, I would have liked for them to end the show with that New WarioWare game instead of Nintendo Land. Though Nintendo Land would have been better for something that would have been perfect for the meaty middle part of the presentation since that it's one game that it wasn't a grand finale type of game for a presentation. Besides, I wouldn't doubt that we would get more games that they didn't show off at the presentation that should have been instead of Nintendo Land throughout the rest of this week at E3.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Paper Mario is always welcome, I admit. It's marvelous at making concepts that seem do trivial in theory into a memorable part of the experience; I expect ripping stuff off walls (Because it's all Paper, right?) will be the same.

Edited my recap post for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rayman, and Lego City Stories.

This is indeed not horrible as a standalone line-up.
    Last edited by Pinsirius; 5th June 2012 at 8:33 PM.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    That did crap because of the lack of first party launch titles. The Wii U has NSMBU and Pikmin 3
    One anticipated (yet not surprising) title and the latest in New Super Mario Reskin Bros is the best this NEXT-GEN console can do?

[laughter]

I'll pass.

Saw the trailer for Lego City Stories. Why am I tempted to pick it up?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Saw the trailer for Lego City Stories. Why am I tempted to pick it up?
    I was wondering why was it even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    You can't compare the two. 3DS did badly due to a bad launch up. Wii U is launch with Mario and I'm guessing AC 3. That alone is good.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/122mflw.jpg[/IMG]
    Smile Forever

Page 21 of 177 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast