Page 24 of 176 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If the friend code is single and centralized on the Wii U as it is on the 3DS, that's already a step above the Wii. And if, as Reggie says, you can now add people to a friends list without having to exchange the code via other means - again, something you would know from having read the posts before yours - that's several more steps above the Wii in and of itself.

A friend code is really no worse or different than a "gamertag" if they improve the functionality around it, which they seem to be on the road to doing.
    It is a step in the right direction, yes. But it hasn't caught up to xbox live quality online play. And by the time they do, online will be way more advanced. I was hoping the WiiU would catch up immediately, not just take a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I was hoping the WiiU would catch up immediately, not just take a step in the right direction
    We know nearly nothing about the Wii U's infrastructure so far. You're assuming based on the fact that yes, it looks you're going to be a 16-digit number rather than ElectivireDude87, and nothing else yet.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    The only thing I see there that I don't like is that developers aren't required to implement achievements for their titles. I'd rather them all have it, or none, because all this will do is fracture the game base. X game supports it, but Y and Z don't.
    Most companies do achievements for games nowadays anyway. It's very rarely you see any game on XBox or PS3 without an achievement list.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I never really cared for achievements.
    I claim Larvitar!

We know nearly nothing about the Wii U's infrastructure so far. You're assuming based on the fact that yes, it looks you're going to be a 16-digit number rather than ElectivireDude87, and nothing else yet.
    I'm complaining about what I've seen about the online, not the actual system

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Most companies do achievements for games nowadays anyway. It's very rarely you see any game on XBox or PS3 without an achievement list.
    As far as I know, the only 360 games that don't have them are indie games, and the only PS3 ones that don't are old titles. I'm going to wait my final judgement on Nintendo's implementation until I see more about it and how they're doing it.

I don't see the problem with achievements/trophies. They make me do things in games I never would have otherwise. Using all the different weapons in a game, for example. To me they just feel like extra (optional) content that can add replay value to your games. Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles all had in-game "accomplishment" systems already. To me it just seems like another set of collectibles in the game.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I'd love to have Achievements. (Heck, I'd love to CATCH UP with the current gaming trends.)
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I don't see the problem with achievements/trophies. They make me do things in games I never would have otherwise. Using all the different weapons in a game, for example. To me they just feel like extra (optional) content that can add replay value to your games. Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles all had in-game "accomplishment" systems already. To me it just seems like another set of collectibles in the game.
    In-game Achievements are fine and dandy, but would be even better if they include "gamertags" that you can 'show-off' online.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Absol View Post
    In-game Achievements are fine and dandy, but would be even better if they include "gamertags" that you can 'show-off' online.
    Wait, show-off a gamertag? Gamertag is just lingo for your username or screen name...

I would not mind achievements, and expect them to be present in Wii U.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

The achievment system is there to show off at Miiverse thing.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I just wish it'll be wallet friendly.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I just wish it'll be wallet friendly.
    Not if Santa's elves make you one.

Glad to see that Metroid is a possible for the Wii U. Have to say that the way Miyamoto said Metroid would be on the Wii U reminds me of how that Zelda was for the Wii. Though I do hope that they would make this more early in the console's life since that it took them 5 years to pat down on Zelda for Wii. But hey, Hope that this will lead to other series to get a reboot on this console. You know, Star Fox and F-ZERO just to name some.

Smashin' !

This is a bit outta the blue, but today I'm going to the Nintendo Lounge (right by Comic Con) to get a "hands on experience" of the Wii U. I got the invite from Club Nintendo.

Once I get back, I'll be glad to give my response on it.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I can kind of see that. Maybe use the tablet controller for the scan visor or to aim or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I can kind of see that. Maybe use the tablet controller for the scan visor or to aim or something?
    Quick SCAN THIS ABSURDLY SMALL SPOT TO CONTINUE THE STORY DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Quick SCAN THIS ABSURDLY SMALL SPOT TO CONTINUE THE STORY DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.
    Well, that's the wrong way to go about using the Scan Visor, though, they should be using it as an optional way to tell the story, expand the game's lore, etc. I also like Logbook entries as a sort of "collectible", but they shouldn't use it to spoil entire boss strategies and stuff.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Okay, I'm back, and the Wii U seemed to meet my expectations. I played New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, and Nintendo Land.

The Game Pad in itself seemed like it was prepared for everything practical.

NSMBU seemed different than its predecessors. Didn't feel the same, The Flying Squirrel power is a bit awkward to use at first, not as straightforward as the others. The Game Pad is a bit tricky to use with it, as when the screen moves it messes up where you're trying to help.

Haven't played Rayman Origins before this, so I can't really compare it to the first game. I only played with myself and didn't get to try it with the GamePad, but I didn't die at all.

Nintendo Land seemed decent. It wasn't terrible like everyone's been complaining about. The Zelda one seemed the most complex- no one could finish it.

I'm not usually one to pick at graphics, but the graphics were stunning. Very bright and crisp.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    Okay, I'm back, and the Wii U seemed to meet my expectations. I played New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, and Nintendo Land.

The Game Pad in itself seemed like it was prepared for everything practical.

NSMBU seemed different than its predecessors. Didn't feel the same, The Flying Squirrel power is a bit awkward to use at first, not as straightforward as the others. The Game Pad is a bit tricky to use with it, as when the screen moves it messes up where you're trying to help.

Haven't played Rayman Origins before this, so I can't really compare it to the first game. I only played with myself and didn't get to try it with the GamePad, but I didn't die at all.

Nintendo Land seemed decent. It wasn't terrible like everyone's been complaining about. The Zelda one seemed the most complex- no one could finish it.

I'm not usually one to pick at graphics, but the graphics were stunning. Very bright and crisp.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
    Great, but my (and probably a lot of people's) biggest worry with the Wii U is lack of games. Where's 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Smash Bros., and all that good stuff? Only when we start seeing those games will we regain confidence in the Wii U.

Great, but my (and probably a lot of people's) biggest worry with the Wii U is lack of games. Where's 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Smash Bros., and all that good stuff? Only when we start seeing those games will we regain confidence in the Wii U.
    I take it you're behind the news?

Where's 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Smash Bros., and all that good stuff?
    You were expecting them to announce (or show) a new entry in each of these franchises in a single show, and a single show 4-5 months before the hardware even launches, at that?

Only when we start seeing those games will we regain confidence in the Wii U.
    We? Who's we?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I take it you're behind the news?
    Okay, so we've got snippets of news regarding Zelda, Metroid, and Smash Bros., but not much. For all we know, they could all be coming out 5 years from now. The Wii U needs some solid launch titles, and I'm not seeing any besides maybe Pikmin 3 (which is a franchise that until now I haven't had the slightest interest in).

You were expecting them to announce (or show) a new entry in each of these franchises in a single show, and a single show 4-5 months before the hardware even launches, at that?
    Of course not. But at least a few, something that will show off what the Wii U is capable of with fun, innovative gameplay and make the console worth buying. Besides Pikmin 3, all of the games we know about thus far are uninspired garbage. There's nothing fun or innovative here, another "New" Super Mario Bros. that plays the same as the other three (not to mention that the third is coming out soon, so it's too soon for a Wii U version), and Nintendo Land is a nostalgia cash in full of crappy minigames.

Hmm...I need support against his points, guys. 3rd party would be the most useful...

Page 24 of 176 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast