Page 25 of 177 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Besides Pikmin 3, all of the games we know about thus far are uninspired garbage.
    Completely a matter of opinion.

There's nothing fun or innovative here
    See above.

and Nintendo Land is a nostalgia cash in full of crappy minigames.
    See above.

If the first-party games they showed don't float your boat, that's fine, but everything you claim as an issue is completely subjective and entirely your opinion, and it ignores the glut of what appear to be quality third-party titles that will be available as well. Don't claim that all that was shown was the Wii U equivalent of Wii Music and certainly don't claim "we" as you try and did.

Bottom line, you didn't like the software they showed. That's fine, but that's all that's going on here. Nothing more.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Of course not. But at least a few, something that will show off what the Wii U is capable of with fun, innovative gameplay and make the console worth buying. Besides Pikmin 3, all of the games we know about thus far are uninspired garbage. There's nothing fun or innovative here, another "New" Super Mario Bros. that plays the same as the other three (not to mention that the third is coming out soon, so it's too soon for a Wii U version), and Nintendo Land is a nostalgia cash in full of crappy minigames.

Get out. Just get out now!

Anyway I'm excited for the Wii U. I would rather play AC3 on it then the PS3 due to the Gamepad. Can't wait.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/20j6az4.jpg[/IMG]

For anyone who cares, the Mass Effect 3 game for the Wii U will have every single DLC released for it already included in the disc + that Earth DLC coming soon. It feels like how games were supposed to be from the get go pre-DLC era!
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 17th July 2012 at 5:21 AM.

So what, it'll be like a ME3 GotY edition?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    For anyone who cares, the Mass Effect 3 game for the Wii U will have every single DLC released for it already included in the disc + that Earth DLC coming soon. It feels like how games were supposed to be from the get go pre-DLC era!
    Oh now i have a reason to buy it. After hearing about the ending I was meh but I guess if its with everything now its a buy.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/20j6az4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    So what, it'll be like a ME3 GotY edition?
    Nah, it'll be like the complete collection...or something like that.

So it'll be like the GotY editions of other games? They usually include all the DLC packs in a $20 budget rerelease if it gets somebody's GotY award.

So it'll be like the GotY editions of other games? They usually include all the DLC packs in a $20 budget rerelease if it gets somebody's GotY award.
    Not really. Every single DLC is included on the disc. Besides that, there's nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Not really. Every single DLC is included on the disc. Besides that, there's nothing else.
    SO IT'LL BE EXACTLY LIKE A GOTY EDITION THEN?

My god, are you dense? This isn't something new that they're doing just for Nintendo or for the Wii U, companies have been doing this for years now.

SO IT'LL BE EXACTLY LIKE A GOTY EDITION THEN?

My god, are you dense? This isn't something new that they're doing just for Nintendo or for the Wii U, companies have been doing this for years now.
    Okay, okay! It'll be like that! I never got a GOTY edition before so I don't know!

Yes, I figured that, which is why I explained it to you.

Got our first launch title confirmed for the Wii U by EA today during there conference thingy today. That game being is the port of Mass Effect 3. Going to be adding it to the FAQ section of the thread soon when it comes to launch titles for the system.

Besides, It also seems that we might have somewhat of an idea of what some other launch titles are. Though I wouldn't just trust it like the real deal since that it is from GameStop and we all know how it is with them when it comes to games that haven't had a release date revealed yet. Then again, It at LEAST have games like Rayman Legends a "To Be Announced" peg for release and not a solid 2013 peg. But hey, Here is the image of that said list.

Spoiler:- Wii U Release Schedule ?:

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Pretty sure we can expect NSMBWU to be a launch title as well. Pikmin 3 will probably be December/January/February at the latest.

It still boggles my mind that they haven't announced a concrete date or price yet, especially considering it's August and the latest this thing will probably drop is November.
    Last edited by Clamps; 3rd August 2012 at 7:30 AM.

Besides Pikmin 3, all of the games we know about thus far are uninspired garbage.
    Project P-100 looks pretty inspired, and also pretty fun.

Also, Rayman Legends.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Pretty sure we can expect NSMBWU to be a launch title as well. Pikmin 3 will probably be December/January/February at the latest.

It still boggles my mind that they haven't announced a concrete date or price yet, especially considering it's August and the latest this thing will probably drop is November.
    September conference before TGS, like they did last year. Only option that makes sense, unless they pull the date out of their asses in this months Nintendo Direct.
    BLAH

The Wii U looks pretty cool, but I'm content with the Wii. I don't really play it much so new games coming out doesn't really interest me.
    I get that they are two different consoles. And there are new games and controllers and stuff. But think about how much money it will be since the controllers are so complicated.

I don't know for sure yet, so I'll wait and see how it is when it comes out and I'll test my aunt's.
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop

Quote Originally Posted by shinymankey View Post
    But think about how much money it will be since the controllers are so complicated.
    It's probably going to be in the $250-$350 price range.

It's probably going to be in the $250-$350 price range.
    No, that's a tad bit too much for the controllers. I'd say a hundred less than that.

I was obviously referring to the system price with the controller. Can you not context?

I was obviously referring to the system price with the controller. Can you not context?
    The quote you were, well, quoting, had two different things. It was very possible you were talking about the controllers. Don't diss me.

Again, can you not use context clues? What kind of ignorant stooge would assume that I'm referring to the controllers when I say $250-$350?

Still, it was pretty obvious from:

Quote Originally Posted by shinymankey View Post
    But think about how much money it will be since the controllers are so complicated.

I just want a release date and price to be revealed before i pre order, c'mon nintendo show us the details.
    I'm so keen for this hardware, I loved the Wii and i hope the Wii U gains the same success and better 3rd party support.

They might give us the details soon. I heard theres a gaming conference in Japan this month....
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

I heard that Nintendo canceled there appearance at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany which is supposed to happen later this month. I just wonder if they are going to announce the price/release date, they had better do it soon because fall is only 2 months away.

Page 25 of 177 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast