Page 27 of 174 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    But, I'm actually wondering if they are going to put the "Only For" angled triangles in the upper left hand corner for their own first party games like Pikmin 3. Kinda like how they did for the GameCube box arts also.
    Tales of Symphonia, 'Only For"...oh wait, it's also on the PS2.

Yeah, the "Only For" was a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Tales of Symphonia, 'Only For"...oh wait, it's also on the PS2.

Yeah, the "Only For" was a stupid idea.
    Bad example since such did apply to releases outside of Japan. Sonic Adventure is a better example, people who were in charge of the box art should have done their research that is was also available for the Dreamcast then a more polished version was released for the Gamecube, and then a port was later made available on XBox live and the Playstation network. Same can be said about virtual console (not just including the Wii, couldn't think of a better term) titles in general.

At the time, it was fine. As for today, even with virtual title downloads becoming more accessible lately, it would be handy for the casual gamer and reprints for new releases are always possible. To boot it usually didn't obstruct the pretty box art. In the end, the majority of us here don't really care either way due to probably all of us doing our research before purchasing games.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Bad example since such did apply to releases outside of Japan. Sonic Adventure is a better example, people who were in charge of the box art should have done their research that is was also available for the Dreamcast then a more polished version was released for the Gamecube, and then a port was later made available on XBox live and the Playstation network. Same can be said about virtual console (not just including the Wii, couldn't think of a better term) titles in general.

At the time, it was fine. As for today, even with virtual title downloads becoming more accessible lately, it would be handy for the casual gamer and reprints for new releases are always possible. To boot it usually didn't obstruct the pretty box art. In the end, the majority of us here don't really care either way due to probably all of us doing our research before purchasing games.
    To be fair, the "Only for" thing was mostly to differentiate games from direct ports, so since Sonic Adventure DX had additions to it, it was "Only for" the Gamecube. Don't think the Xbox or PSN versions had the extra features that the GCN version had either.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    To be fair, the "Only for" thing was mostly to differentiate games from direct ports, so since Sonic Adventure DX had additions to it, it was "Only for" the Gamecube. Don't think the Xbox or PSN versions had the extra features that the GCN version had either.
    Okay then, what about Adventure 2?

Okay then, what about Adventure 2?
    What about it? Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was, specifically, in the same boat as Adventure DX. Before Adventure DX was, for that matter.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I've read on the Internet that Playstation Orbis will require you to be constantly connected to the internet while playing, anyone know if this will be the same for the Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    I've read on the Internet that Playstation Orbis will require you to be constantly connected to the internet while playing
    Ignore this and anything else you may hear about the "PlayStation Orbis" as rumor trash. Sony's barely said a public word about their next console.

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    anyone know if this will be the same for the Wii U?
    Absolutely not.

Rule of thumb: if you find something like this and can't find any official corroboration, it's usually because it's false.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 9th August 2012 at 7:42 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    What about it? Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was, specifically, in the same boat as Adventure DX. Before Adventure DX was, for that matter.
    True but in a way, it and it's original version are in a similar boat as Symphonia and...why are we arguing about this?

Wasn't Symphonia originally for the Gamecube by like a year, and was never exported to other countries outside of Japan?

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make, but I don't think it's under the same conditions as DX and 2 Battle.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Wasn't Symphonia originally for the Gamecube by like a year, and was never exported to other countries outside of Japan?

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make, but I don't think it's under the same conditions as DX and 2 Battle.
    The American version was released around the time of the PS2 port which was released a year after the release for the GameCube in Japan. Interesting facts. As for now, we just want that odd opinion of yours. Did you like that "Only For" tab? Do you miss it? Would it prove of use now? Do you think it would work for the Wii U's exclusives?

The American version was released around the time of the PS2 port which was released a year after the release for the GameCube in Japan. Interesting facts.
    They must've had a good reason for doing it that way, then. Like knowing they wouldn't release the PS2 port outside of Japan

As for now, we just want that odd opinion of yours. Did you like that "Only For" tab? Do you miss it? Would it prove of use now? Do you think it would work for the Wii U's exclusives?
    Odd opinion?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    They must've had a good reason for doing it that way, then. Like knowing they wouldn't release the PS2 port outside of Japan
    The Japanese love their Playstations and the Tales studio has a notorious reputation of having their titles on one of Sony's consoles.

Tales studio has a notorious reputation of having their titles on one of Sony's consoles.
    More like trying to pathetically spread non-Playstation Tales games to other platforms just to release repolished ports on any Playstation console.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    More like trying to pathetically spread non-Playstation Tales games to other platforms just to release repolished ports on any Playstation console.
    Stop wining and buy a PS3...or come and join me crying in the corner.

The Japanese love their Playstations and the Tales studio has a notorious reputation of having their titles on one of Sony's consoles.
    I know that, but Namco probably knew they weren't gonna release the game for the PS2 outside of Japan
    Douglas Adams

That boxart is amazing. The yellow bit doesn't make sense, but it allows for some sort of differentiation from other boxes.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    That boxart is amazing. The yellow bit doesn't make sense, but it allows for some sort of differentiation from other boxes.
    The yellow contrasts the blue which separates it and the box art. The yellow looks fine to me.

The yellow contrasts the blue which separates it and the box art. The yellow looks fine to me.
    The yellow should've been orange, imo.

The yellow should've been orange, imo.
    Actually, inverted, blue turns out yellow. This blue does seem to have a bit of green in it so the hint of orange in the yellow is to be expected.

Actually, inverted, blue turns out yellow. This blue does seem to have a bit of green in it so the hint of orange in the yellow is to be expected.
    So I take it you haven't noticed it yet? Hell, there's a perfectly good candid example in your sig.

So I take it you haven't noticed it yet? Hell, there's a perfectly good candid example in your sig.
    That blue and orange are god like when it comes to color combinations, yes. But the yellow makes sense, as its also the same yellow used alongside the blue in Nintendo directs, kinda like the red in the 3DS bits in them and on the boxarts. Would have loved if that stripe would be orange just to signify a games NiD status, with it being a bit thicker and the logo being in it, and white with no NiD.
    BLAH

Agreed and like I said, it's an orange-yellow (just like the many examples presented).

I thought purple goes to yellow. Blue goes to orange.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

... What are you people prattling on about now?

Complimentary colors and how they can make you want to buy things more.

Because what the hell else do we have to discus at this point?

Page 27 of 174 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast