Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

You've missed my point entirely. But hey, at least... something.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Got yet another rumor detailing the pricing and release date again.

Have to say that I'll buy the November 18th release date since the third Sunday in November is one day that Nintendo loves to release stuff on with new consoles included. Though the 200 dollar pricing seems far fetched to me since that it'd be really cheap for something off it's worth. Then again, The price would be alright with me since of games like Paper Mario Sticker Star coming out around the same time. But hey, At least it's just a rumor and not the real word. Though we'll get a definite on everything concerning the launch next Thursday.

Smashin' !

God I love pre-release time

it's like all those times your friend totally had connections to Nintendo and he knew about mew being under the truck. Except trying to be passed off to EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Got yet another rumor detailing the pricing and release date again.

Have to say that I'll buy the November 18th release date since the third Sunday in November is one day that Nintendo loves to release stuff on with new consoles included. Though the 200 dollar pricing seems far fetched to me since that it'd be really cheap for something off it's worth. Then again, The price would be alright with me since of games like Paper Mario Sticker Star coming out around the same time. But hey, At least it's just a rumor and not the real word. Though we'll get a definite on everything concerning the launch next Thursday.
    If I pissed WII U RELEASE DATE all over a wall would you still be able to write two babbling paragraphs about what it might mean but also might not mean?

What does public urination have to do with video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    What does public urination have to do with video games?
    Well you see it might be an employee giving us a clue. That is because it would get him noticed and it is a unique way of doing it. Though it might also be someone just peeing in public.

Yeah, but he didn't say he'd piss a date, just the words WII U RELEASE DATE. That doesn't really tell us anything.

Are the lot of you just making funny or do you really not get the bit?

-----
    Words to|live by

A little of both.

The point is that these various rumors that continue to circulate - and to which certain individuals continue to react by posting multi-paragraph posts that still manage to say absolutely nothing - hold about as much water as someone urinating a phrase onto a wall, making the discussion of them (and continued babbling overreaction to them) questionable in its necessity, at best.

-----
    Words to|live by

But really, what else do we have to do at this point but watch others piss on a wall and comment on said wall pissing?

Not a thing. Which brings us back to the question of why there must be discussion if we acknowledge that there isn't yet anything to discuss. No one will be harmed for the thread being silent for a bit for lack of anything worthy of discussion, and we will no doubt have something concrete, confirmed and official to discuss well inside of the one-month period before the thread would be ineligible to be posted in further.

It certainly isn't as if we're all sitting around a table, forced to endure total awkward silence for lack of discussion, is it?

Just a thought.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not a thing. Which brings us back to the question of why there must be discussion if we acknowledge that there isn't yet anything to discuss. No one will be harmed for the thread being silent for a bit for lack of anything worthy of discussion
    Do we really have to discuss posting philosophy? I was liking the piss jokes.

So why didn't the Wii have HD 740p-1080p? Did Nintendo not seen the success of HDTVs?
    Why didn't Wii have much stuff as what Xbox 360 and PS3 had?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Because Nintendo wasn't marketing the Wii as a full set-top media box like its competitors, because HDTVs weren't as common or as cheap six years ago as they are now, and because the omission of that functionality is one of the factors that helped keep the Wii's launch price so low.

-----
    Words to|live by

Do we really have to discuss posting philosophy? I was liking the piss jokes.
    Me, too. I was hoping the conversation would sort of just naturally drift towards taking dumps in urinals, and we could use that to jump into a discussion of what the Wii U's specs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    So why didn't the Wii have HD 740p-1080p? Did Nintendo not seen the success of HDTVs?
    Why didn't Wii have much stuff as what Xbox 360 and PS3 had?
    Just speculatinging on my part, but what I think what Nintendo seen back in 2006 was a technology that was hardly commonplace at the time, was much more expensive and would have driven up their costs if implemented, and otherwise clashed with the vision they had for the Wii (a sleek, affordable video game console for anybody, not a big, powerful and expensive gaming rig). Bad move on their part? Iunno, but I don't think so. Now that HDTVs are standard, and the technologies to create things in HD are cheaper and also standard, you could call HDTV a success and subsequently complain about it not being included.
    EDIT: Well, never mind, BCVM22 said it much more concisely.

And I can't even guess what other "stuff" you mean.

Prepare to see some BA boxart.

I can't wait until this comes out, all the cool features I read about make the Wii U sound amazing. And if a Pokemon game is released later on, I will never leave my house, I can take virtual school. (o.o) JK

So we apparently got an actual reputable source with PRICE INFO and RELEASE DATE INFO.

Thoughts, everyone?

So we apparently got an actual reputable source with PRICE INFO and RELEASE DATE INFO.

Thoughts, everyone?
    Cheap, really cheap actually. With that in mind, it looks like a good majority of the money is going to be gotten from the pads which is not a bad idea in itself. Aside from that, I'll buy the version with the pad due to the fact that I'm sure that a good handful of the rumoured launch titles I want are compatible with it and will play better with it as opposed to a Wii-mote and accessories. Still anxiously waiting to see what is to come...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I want the game for the sake of a new system, but all logic is telling me not to get it

Thoughts, everyone?
    Ehhhh still might be placeholders
    It'd be nice, though

Considering it's on an industry only site, it'd probably not placeholders. If they were, they probably wouldn't have prices set for them.

I wonder what the three bundles consist of. Even the most expensive is quite affordable.

I could see the 250 pack is just the console & pad, 300 is console, pad, game (Probably Nintendo Land? Mario seems a bit much), wii remote+ nunchuck, and the 350 would be all that andd the pro version of the controller I guess (maybe also a larger SD card for storage?)?

Cheapo pack for those coming off Wii, slightly more expensive version for those coming in fresh, $350 for those that want all the things

Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast