Page 36 of 176 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #876
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Least we now have a reason why there's only 32 GB in the Deluxe version:

    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13...drive-into-it/

    Three terabytes though, hot damn that's a lot of space.
    Okay, that might make up for the lack of memory. But how much will a 3 Terabyte hard drive cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #877
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    EDIT:

    That's a really bold accusation, especially considering that it doesn't seem to have the problems that plagued the 3DS at launch.
    I'm not saying it will for sure. But ports and a huge loss in GCN games is not going make me thing otherwise.

  3. #878
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, that might make up for the lack of memory. But how much will a 3 Terabyte hard drive cost?
    599$ kukukukuku

  4. #879
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm not saying it will for sure. But ports and a huge loss in GCN games is not going make me thing otherwise.
    I suppose if you only focused on the negative (seemingly) that yours would be the expected response.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  5. #880
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    I suppose if you only focused on the negative (seemingly) that yours would be the expected response.
    Watch a moeblob game come out and his tune will change

  6. #881
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13...ed-with-wii-u/
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13...ut-for-months/

    Michael Pachter is impressed with Wii U.
    Glorious day, oh glorious day!

  7. #882
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    In all seriousness though give people a good well written story about evolving emotions and thought and people will eat it up
    A doujinshi I read today is a perfect example

  8. #883
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    ...I just realized, was there any confirmation on the backwards compatibility with GC games? I vaguely remember the answer being no, but I don't fully remember.
    I honestly doubt it.

    On a plus side we can transfer our virtual console games though!

  9. #884
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, that might make up for the lack of memory. But how much will a 3 Terabyte hard drive cost?
    Like 180, according to amazon
    Prseumably you would not go out and buy a 3 terabyte harddrive right that moment. Maybe not even a 1 tb, geez that's more space than I'd know what to do with


    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I honestly doubt it.

    On a plus side we can transfer our virtual console games though!
    There's nothing to doubt. There is no Gamecube capability beyond virtual console possibilities.
    We've known about this since the Wii U was first shown off

    The system is dead, guys! This shouldn't be surprising!

  10. #885
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I honestly doubt it.

    On a plus side we can transfer our virtual console games though!
    And Wiiware.

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, that might make up for the lack of memory. But how much will a 3 Terabyte hard drive cost?
    right now the cheapest one is sitting around $140 and they only get cheaper as time goes on.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #887
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    I believe there's no Gamecube controller slot, so why would they allow gamecube games?

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    I think that there's the whole rumour of GCN games on the VC, but eh

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Metroid games are instabuy though on that side you know?

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Like 180, according to amazon
    Prseumably you would not go out and buy a 3 terabyte harddrive right that moment. Maybe not even a 1 tb, geez that's more space than I'd know what to do with
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    right now the cheapest one is sitting around $140 and they only get cheaper as time goes on.
    Yeah, that's not going to be worth it for me. I just checked my Xbox and I'm only using about 30 GB of memory. But I'll probably be filling up my Wii U's memory a lot more than that, maybe about 60-120 GB. I probably wouldn't use anywhere near 1 TB of memory either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I think that there's the whole rumour of GCN games on the VC, but eh
    Probably. There's not point in making GC controllers compatible if that's the case since you could just use a Classic controller or Pro controller.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 14th September 2012 at 1:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #891
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Watch, if you buy and register the Wii U before a price drop, you get a bunch of exclusive VC games for free once it happens.
    Last edited by Recon; 14th September 2012 at 2:06 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  17. #892
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Is there a reason you expect a price drop, and such a drastic one that early in the console's life cycle to warrant a price drop and compensation in the same vein as the 3DS?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  18. #893
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Is there a reason you expect a price drop, and such a drastic one that early in the console's life cycle to warrant a price drop and compensation in the same vein as the 3DS?
    Dunno, though I would think it'd be interesting to see though.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  19. #894
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    ...Im sure you can find something else interesting DarkRecon.

  20. #895
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Okay, bad wording on my part, but I mean anything is possible. Though unlikely, who knows, it could happen.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  21. #896
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Its not bad wording... you want it to happen because you're a cheapskate XD

  22. #897
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,870

    Default

    Well a price drop will happen eventually.
    The Wii had like 2, the Gamecube like 3. 360 & PS3 had their fair share as well

    it's just a matter of when. I doubt they'll be as quick as they were with 3DS especially since the Wii U does have plenty of launch titles and upcoming popular ones (Monster Hunter, the Premium package comes with a 1 month trial of DQX apparently in Japan)

  23. #898
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    There's no way the Wii U is getting a price drop any time soon. It has Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest.

  24. #899
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    There's no way the Wii U is getting a price drop any time soon. It has Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest.
    And a Mario game right out of the gate
    They've covered pretty much all the bases

  25. #900
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    And a Mario game right out of the gate
    They've covered pretty much all the bases
    Not to mention Pikmin 3 down the line.

Page 36 of 176 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •