Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On my computer
    Posts
    419

    Default

    I HOPE they do something good with it. I'm not buying one unless the new Smash Bros. is amazing, they make Super Mario Galaxy, or a new Zelda. So far, the Wii U looks like it will suck.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    I HOPE they do something good with it. I'm not buying one unless the new Smash Bros. is amazing, they make Super Mario Galaxy, or a new Zelda. So far, the Wii U looks like it will suck.
    Do you really think Nintendo would release a console and not have at least a Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros being worked on for it?


    REALLY?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Do you really think Nintendo would release a console and not have at least a Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros being worked on for it?


    REALLY?
    You forgot the Metroid game, too.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    So far, the Wii U looks like it will suck.
    So far, it looks like people haven't collectively gotten any wiser over the span of the last hardware cycle.

    Honestly. Terrible.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    I HOPE they do something good with it. I'm not buying one unless the new Smash Bros. is amazing, they make Super Mario Galaxy, or a new Zelda. So far, the Wii U looks like it will suck.
    Nintendo won't miss your money. I'd also want a Mario that has nothing to do wth space.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    77

    Default

    ^ It's human nature. When there is something coming about of which no one has much knowledge about, they ultimately assume it's a failed cause.

    As for me, I'll see how my wallet fairs at that point in time. I hope to have a decent job around that time. Gotta love the "confidence".


    PM me when you add me so, I could add you back. ^.^
    Pokemon Black: Name - Paul FC - 1549-5068-1231
    Dream SN: loloshawut
    3DS FC: 1160-9721-3508
    BW Pokedex Status: 646/649
    Pokedex 3D Status: 155/168

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Wow, that was...totally unnecessary. The discussion was actually tame, too.
    It wouldn't have stayed that way.
    ^ It's human nature. When there is something coming about of which no one has much knowledge about, they ultimately assume it's a failed cause.
    Then why is the Sonic Cycle the complete opposite?

    And why do we have this tread, we know the name of the console, there is a new SSB game for it, it has a tablet controller, and that it should release in mid to late 2012. That's it. Oh, and there is an app store for it. How much discussion can there be that isn't speculation? I'm just saying we should hold off on this kind of thread until we get some more concrete information on it.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Then why is the Sonic Cycle the complete opposite?
    Because Sonic Fans are little more then ghastly reflections of humanity, and thus have everything backwards (said the person who was basically posting every other post at some points in the sonic generations thread)
    Will-Powered Spriter

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    You forgot the Metroid game, too.
    Yeah, Metroid 64 was easily the best in the series. So underrated.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Yeah, Metroid 64 was easily the best in the series. So underrated.
    They skipped out on one console. That's better than most other Nintendo IP's, and it had at two games on both the Gamecube and the Wii, which is better than most other Nintendo IP's.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    They skipped out on one console. That's better than most other Nintendo IP's, and it had at two games on both the Gamecube and the Wii, which is better than most other Nintendo IP's.
    Like Nintendo cares about the Metroid series given how they couldn't be bothered to celebrate its 25th anniversary.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Like Nintendo cares about the Metroid series given how they couldn't be bothered to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
    It still has had better treatment, then say, Star Fox or F-Zero. Or Kid Icarus. Or any other IP without the name Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    It still has had better treatment, then say, Star Fox or F-Zero. Or Kid Icarus. Or any other IP without the name Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
    F-zero has a fair enough point but Star Fox had games on everything but the GBA & Wii. Meanwhile Kid Icarus is making up for lost time in spades what with:
    -New high profile game
    -Card game!
    -3 animes
    -PROBABLY MORE THINGS

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    I want Earthbound sequel!!

    ~

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Deep Dark Hills of East KY
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Yeah , There are actually going to make up for IP's that haven't been no games. Like them getting a new Pikmin game for the Wii U also probably coming out next year. Though this is the same amount of time for the F-Zero series. I mean that it would make exactually 8 years since Pikmin 2 came out for the GameCube in 2004. But hey , I do thing that they should at least a 3DS entry for the F-Zero series since that there needs to be a new entire in the series. Though the MOTHER series needs a new entry even worse since that it has been since MOTHER 3 on the GBA while it has been since Earthbound (MOTHER 2) on the SNES for us outside of Japan.

    there's no Battle Frontier?!

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Meanwhile Kid Icarus is making up for lost time in spades what with:
    -New high profile game
    -Card game!
    -3 animes
    -PROBABLY MORE THINGS
    Well, what do you expect when they mysteriously revive a series after 20 years? Them to act like it's another Mario or Zelda game?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    If you're a boom in your Super Smash Bros. debut, your series will be revived.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Well, what do you expect when they mysteriously revive a series after 20 years? Them to act like it's another Mario or Zelda game?
    Well you made it sound like they didn't care about it at all. Despite them recently reviving it and trying really really hard to franchising it.
    A better example would probably be something like Ice Climbers.
    Last edited by R_N; 31st December 2011 at 3:48 AM.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Well you made it sound like they didn't care about it at all. Despite them recently reviving it and trying really really hard to franchising it.
    Well, obviously they didn't know what to do with it, if they kept it as a dead francise for close to 20 years. This is probably the first time where anyone revives a francise after that length of time. How else would you tote it? With a regular game release? This is probably the best way they could do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    A better example would probably be something like Ice Climbers.
    True. But Kid Icarus is still a good example.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dinosaur Planet
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    F-zero has a fair enough point but Star Fox had games on everything but the GBA & Wii.
    Dude! Star Fox Adventures!

    ^ Click this for good times ^


  21. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Dude! Star Fox Adventures!
    Dude! Gamecube!
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Well, obviously they didn't know what to do with it, if they kept it as a dead francise for close to 20 years. This is probably the first time where anyone revives a francise after that length of time. How else would you tote it? With a regular game release? This is probably the best way they could do it.
    If you want to get technical it's been dead for 9/10 years
    Kid Icarus had a GB sequel in 91/92


    But I see what you're saying
    Last edited by R_N; 31st December 2011 at 4:48 AM.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    If you want to get technical it's been dead for 9/10 years
    Kid Icarus had a GB sequel in 91/92
    ...That was 20 years ago.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    ...That was 20 years ago.
    I love how, despite it being 2 years, everyone forgets we're in a new decade.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,917

    Default

    hahaha wow I can't believe I goofed like that

Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •