Page 41 of 174 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4331

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dragons Fare
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Well it was a reference to something rather obscure so I wont fault ya

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Well it was a reference to something rather obscure so I wont fault ya
    No, I know both of those games have been rereleased onto the Nintendo Wii.

    Aside from that, what else to talk about?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    In no reality is moving one's arm solely to the extent required for motion control considered "exercise". Please.
    Unless you got a Wii Fit apparatus, or got really into WarioWare Smooth Moves, I wouldn't think you would be exercising too much.

    Wii games come in roughly three categories that I define. Good games at least.

    Some Wii games used the novelty really well, and should be noted as such. Examples include Warioware Smooth Moves, Mario Super Sluggers, and Excitebots.

    Some Wii games went beyond the novelty (or ignored it), and simply were good games. Examples include Brawl, FE Radiant Dawn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, as well as Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

    Some Wii games were a bit in between. They used the novelty an extensive amount but focused on ideas that did not just go to the control screen. Examples include Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Wario Land: Shake It.

    I don't feel like making 5 shovelware and crappy game categories, so...
    Signature is under thought consideration.

    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dragons Fare
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    ... No that wasnt what I was referencing at all XD

  5. #1005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ... No that wasnt what I was referencing at all XD
    Sure wasn't. He was responding to another post, as evidenced visibly by the fact that he quoted said post and making that fact apparent to anyone reading, save apparently for a select number of individuals whose primary focus is making sure people understand what "references" they're making.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 21st September 2012 at 3:18 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dragons Fare
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Your point being?

  7. #1007

    Default

    Seriously? My point being try and exercise some sense when posting. We'll all be better off for it.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Found out that Gamestop had been taking pre-orders for the Wii U today, when I went to buy a copy of Kirby's Dream Collection. Also found out they sold out on Sunday. I might go back tomorrow or Saturday and put myself on the waiting list for the second shipment. Beside hard drive size and the inclusion of Nintendo Land, what are the differences between deluxe and standard?

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Found out that Gamestop had been taking pre-orders for the Wii U today, when I went to buy a copy of Kirby's Dream Collection. Also found out they sold out on Sunday. I might go back tomorrow or Saturday and put myself on the waiting list for the second shipment. Beside hard drive size and the inclusion of Nintendo Land, what are the differences between deluxe and standard?

    woot21 out dawgs
    One is black (Deluxe) and one is white (Basic). With the Deluxe model you also get bonuses and rebates on digital purchases for some amount of time. You also get a stand and charging cradles.

    I managed to get one pre-ordered on Monday, despite seeing all the news of retailers selling out. I was quite pleased.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 21st September 2012 at 3:51 AM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    One is black (Deluxe) and one is white (Basic). With the Deluxe model you also get bonuses and rebates on digital purchases for some amount of time. You also get a stand and charging cradles.

    I managed to get one pre-ordered on Monday, despite seeing all the news of retailers selling out. I was quite pleased.
    Bonuses and rebates on digital purchases? Ugh, they are really pushing that crap, aren't they? I like having a physical copy of the game, thank you very much.

    Where did you go to pre-order, cause I might see if my local K-Mart has any left, since people might forget about it.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Bonuses and rebates on digital purchases? Ugh, they are really pushing that crap, aren't they? I like having a physical copy of the game, thank you very much.

    Where did you go to pre-order, cause I might see if my local K-Mart has any left, since people might forget about it.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I went to my local EB Games, which is really just Gamestop that hasn't been rebranded yet. I'm not sure how many units were allotted to them, so I don't know if I was lucky and got one of the last few or if they had quite a few left.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #1012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Bonuses and rebates on digital purchases? Ugh, they are really pushing that crap, aren't they?
    Why is it problematic that a company is offering bonuses and rebates to those who buy digitally...?



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Why is it problematic that a company is offering bonuses and rebates to those who buy digitally...?
    I think it's probably a resistance to change. The change from physical media to digital.

    As far as consoles go I still prefer physical media, but my PC games are digital. It's weird, but I plan on keeping it that was as long as I can.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Why is it problematic that a company is offering bonuses and rebates to those who buy digitally...?
    I prefer physical, that's why, and would prefer not to buy digital copies of games.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    So go ahead? Only Wiiware type titles and Virtual console games will be digital only. Besides, you're getting a $60 game for $50 by buying the deluxe model anyway, anything else is just a bonus.

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    So go ahead? Only Wiiware type titles and Virtual console games will be digital only. Besides, you're getting a $60 game for $50 by buying the deluxe model anyway, anything else is just a bonus.
    True, but I'm curious if there will be exclusives that are downloadable only via the Deluxe Digital Promotion points. Also, have they said anything about transferring VC games/save data from a Wii?

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  17. #1017

    Default

    Don't worry guys, the Wii U will have a great library. I should know since I've already played most of it on my PS3 or 360.

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    Don't worry guys, the Wii U will have a great library. I should know since I've already played most of it on my PS3 or 360.
    Yeah, ZombiiU, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3 were the best games for the 360/PS3.

    Let's look a little outside the box.
    Signature is under thought consideration.

    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Yeah, ZombiiU, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3 were the best games for the 360/PS3.

    Let's look a little outside the box.
    But games come in boxes...

    Sorry, I had to.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st September 2012 at 4:32 AM. Reason: Rank Up!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Yeah, ZombiiU, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3 were the best games for the 360/PS3.

    Let's look a little outside the box.
    I'm sure he has played New Super Mario Bros U as well. That game is amazing. Same with Epic Mickey 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  21. #1021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Yeah, ZombiiU, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3 were the best games for the 360/PS3.

    Let's look a little outside the box.
    Will you be enjoying repackaged titles being sold at full price from months ago? I know I'm looking forward to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I'm sure he has played New Super Mario Bros U as well. That game is amazing.
    Played it on Dolphin at 1080p back in 2008. You've got to try it; it's a completely different game and looks incredible.
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 21st September 2012 at 4:38 AM.

  22. #1022
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    Will you be enjoying repackaged titles being sold at full price from months ago? I know I'm looking forward to it.
    I will be looking forward to a repackaged Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Bros. U.
    Signature is under thought consideration.

    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  23. #1023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I prefer physical, that's why, and would prefer not to buy digital copies of games.
    Which doesn't explain why you seem to be actively displeased with Nintendo for offering rebate incentives to buy digital...



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  24. #1024
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Which doesn't explain why you seem to be actively displeased with Nintendo for offering rebate incentives to buy digital...
    Because it punishes those who buy physical.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 5700 2151 4608

  25. #1025

    Default

    It does not. It rewards those who buy digital. There's a difference.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 41 of 174 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •