Page 42 of 175 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

It's hardly even that, it's more like rewarding people who bought the Wii U Deluxe. Since Nintendo can't very well have a system in place to give you a discount at retail stores, they do what they can and give you a discount in the store they control

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It does not. It rewards those who buy digital. There's a difference.
    Rewarding one group can be seen as punishing another. Especially since the digital downloads could be cheaper, or better deals.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

They won't be cheaper, at least not for a long time. In some places, it's more expensive...

Here is what buying physical "punishes" you with:
    -You don't get $6 back
    -That's it

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    Will you be enjoying repackaged titles being sold at full price from months ago? I know I'm looking forward to it.
    Okay.

Tell us: would you have Nintendo and the third-party developers not have these titles ported to the Wii U? People have built houses upon the foundations of "Nintendo lacks third-party support!" and/or "Nintendo doesn't care about hardcore gamers!" and/or similar dribble for some years now. Here we are with Nintendo launching new hardware, and they've done their best to make sure that the list of third-party games in the launch window has as many notable titles as possible. And furthermore, despite their tablet controller being the center of attention, they've ensured that they themselves will be offering a more traditional controller, for developers who don't want to make drastic changes to their multiplatform games just for the Wii U.

Even if you really want to summarize your position as "the Wii U will have a great library. I should know since I've already played most of it on my PS3 or 360", shouldn't the effort be taken as a sign that Nintendo intends the Wii U to be a landing point for as many major multiplatform titles as possible? Again, would you have had Nintendo not populate the launch window lineup with these titles in the name of whatever it is you're mocking them for?

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Rewarding one group can be seen as punishing another.
    No, woot. The two can be mutually exclusive.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Rewarding one group can be seen as punishing another. Especially since the digital downloads could be cheaper, or better deals.

woot21 out dawgs
    Well...

1- Many things are going digital now; games, media, etc and Nintendo is promoting their Deluxe version of the Wii U with this program.

2- (You probably know already, but...) The Deluxe Wii U doesn't come with JUST the Nintendo Network Premium (this stops late next year), but also Nintendo Land, Charging Cradle for the Gamepad, Sensor Bar, Stands and the extra storage, so it's pretty much worth the Deluxe Bundle.
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 21st September 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Nintendo has no plans to release the Game Cube games for the Wii U Virtual Console

I would imagine it's the same boat with the 3DS and the Game Boy Advance games.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Nintendo has no plans to release the Game Cube games for the Wii U Virtual Console

I really do hope they change their minds about this. Especially since the Wii U isn't backwards compatible with gamecube games.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    I really do hope they change their minds about this. Especially since the Wii U isn't backwards compatible with gamecube games.
    I wouldn't worry to much about it, as long there is a demand for it Nintendo will eventually release the Game Cube games on the Wii U E-shop. Same goes for the Game Boy Advance games on the 3DS e-shop.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    They won't be cheaper, at least not for a long time. In some places, it's more expensive...

Here is what buying physical "punishes" you with:
    -You don't get $6 back
    -That's it
    Except there are the points for use in the e-shop that miss out on too. So yes, you are being punished. You pay $6 more, and you don't get the points for the e-shop, so you have to pay more for any downloads you want.

EDIT: And to go with the debate about repackaging, these games will most likely becoming with the DLC included, so instead of paying for the game then some DLC at an extra cost we are getting everything in one bundle.

woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 21st September 2012 at 1:16 PM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

However, with the Nintendo Network membership, do you think it's possible that people who purchase the 8GB version can purchase this membership? It's just that the Nintendo Network promotion is bundled IN with the 32GB Wii U, it's not exclusive to it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

But they already said that they would. What the fizzuck?

Yeah I remember them saying they would a few eeks back myself. Seems odd...
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    However, with the Nintendo Network membership, do you think it's possible that people who purchase the 8GB version can purchase this membership? It's just that the Nintendo Network promotion is bundled IN with the 32GB Wii U, it's not exclusive to it.
    Its not a membership in the first place you cant purchase the discount service

Pretty sure they've stated that the only way to get the service is to buy the Deluxe bundle, yeah

It's a promotion, not a membership. It's not going to last forever.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't worry, if you are lucky maybe in 5 month the Wii U will get a price cut and Nintendo will give the suckers 10 free Game Cube games as thanks.

Pretty sure they've stated that the only way to get the service is to buy the Deluxe bundle, yeah
    Which makes be makes me wonders just how long that offer will last for, since I plan to buy the Wii U in Summer 2014.

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's a promotion, not a membership. It's not going to last forever.
    I'd be surprised if this option will even be here in 2015 (the promotion ends december 2014). I'm willing to bet this is sort of a built-in ambassador-type thing to both give incentive to early adopters and to help curb the price of the deluxe bundle

I'd be surprised if this option will even be here in 2015 (the promotion ends december 2014). I'm willing to bet this is sort of a built-in ambassador-type thing to both give incentive to early adopters and to help curb the price of the deluxe bundle
    Even without the promotion the Deluxe bundle more than makes up for the 50 dollars. You get a game, four times the storage, stands and charging cradles. I'd say it's well worth it.

Even without the promotion the Deluxe bundle more than makes up for the 50 dollars. You get a game, four times the storage, stands and charging cradles. I'd say it's well worth it.
    Does both bundle comes with the HDMI cable?

^ Best post ever.

Does both bundle comes with the HDMI cable?
    Yes, the Deluxe bundle comes with everything the basic does and more. And is black.

Yes, the Deluxe bundle comes with everything the basic does and more. And is black.
    Sweet!

Well then I have enough info to get the Deluxe bundle now, all I need is the price to be lowered, more exclusives and graduate plus get a job in 2014.

Ugh, it going to be a long wait but it will be worth it when I actually pay for the Wii U with my first pay check.

^ Best post ever.

Only if you're one of the masses of unrealistically entitled feeling people who think they deserve anything and everything. I prefer physical media, and when the day eventually comes when I am left with no choice but to accept digital media for certain releases (although it will be a cold day in Hell before I embrace e-books), I will be quite chagrined. Still, I think there is nothing wrong with offering rewards to people who buy digital.

You need to understand the difference between punishment and rewards. Rewards give you something as a result of positive behaviour. Punishment removes something as a result of negative behaviour. You are not being punished, you just aren't being rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Only if you're one of the masses of unrealistically entitled feeling people who think they deserve anything and everything. I prefer physical media, and when the day eventually comes when I am left with no choice but to accept digital media for certain releases (although it will be a cold day in Hell before I embrace e-books), I will be quite chagrined. Still, I think there is nothing wrong with offering rewards to people who buy digital.

You need to understand the difference between punishment and rewards. Rewards give you something as a result of positive behaviour. Punishment removes something as a result of negative behaviour. You are not being punished, you just aren't being rewarded.
    I'm having the discounts and bonus points removed for buying physical. That's punishment. They are saying the purchase of digital is the behavior they want, and are trying to condition us to have a Pavlovian response to buying digital media.

woot21 out dawgs

I'm having the discounts and bonus points removed for buying physical. That's punishment. They are saying the purchase of digital is the behavior they want, and are trying to condition us to have a Pavlovian response to buying digital media.

woot21 out dawgs
    You're still not being punished though, you're not having anything removed, you're just not receiving something. You're just interpreting this as punishment, you're a glass half empty sort of person, aren't you?

woot21 out dawgs
    It's only a punishment if you're missing out on something good. Watch the rewards be shit like we're getting in Club Nintendo right now. A popup book version of Mario Party, and something that isn't even a game.

Woo.

Page 42 of 175 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast