Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They also confirmed that any USB storage would work. So your storage concern is alleviated.
    I believe he feels punished, though.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Why doesn't Nintendo want my money?

Because Love Plus isnt for chu

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Because this is the reason:

Why doesn't Nintendo of America/Europe want my money?
    At least I believe that's the reason. Doesn't importing technically means you're paying Japan instead of America? If so, then that means you're kind of implying you like video games in Japanese language.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    At least I believe that's the reason. Doesn't importing technically means you're paying Japan instead of America? If so, then that means you're kind of implying you like video games in Japanese language.
    There are those of us who can read Japanese, so it's not a problem if we were to import.

I don't get why the region lock warrants discussion anyway. Consoles have always been region-locked. It was worthy of discussion when the 3DS was announced to be region-locked, because handhelds were always region-free.

Unless... could Japanese games be played on US consoles previously? If the only difference was NTSC vs. PAL, then that would explain why I never have been able to play Japanese console games as my region is PAL as opposed to Japan's NTSC.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    There are those of us who can read Japanese, so it's not a problem if we were to import.
    But the issue remains there. I'm sure not a lot of people are well-versed in Japanese.

I'm wondering if there's an external hard drive. I.e. if I want to play my game at someone elses house, I can take my hard drive and put it in their WiiU to play.

I doubt this, but do you think we can put a game on an external hard drive, and then bring it to a friends house and play the file there? And if so, do you think it will be annoying like the SD card where you have to delete their file first and replace it with your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You do realize you guys are the only ones being raped with your digital prices, right? We get them at the same price as retail.
    I know, that's my point.

Would you rather be like us, where we're being overcharged to download digitally, than have a measly penalty of 250 Points for buying the physical copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I'm wondering if there's an external hard drive. I.e. if I want to play my game at someone elses house, I can take my hard drive and put it in their WiiU to play.

I doubt this, but do you think we can put a game on an external hard drive, and then bring it to a friends house and play the file there? And if so, do you think it will be annoying like the SD card where you have to delete their file first and replace it with your own?
    ... Its an external hardrive thats how they work you answered your own question...

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ... Its an external hardrive thats how they work you answered your own question...
    The second statement was me wondering if it WASN'T an external hard drive. But it is I take it?

Oh trust me, they want it and a lot of it too since it's foreign.

As for me, I don't care, it won't hurt Nintendo too hard and even might do them good in the end.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I don't get why the region lock warrants discussion anyway. Consoles have always been region-locked. It was worthy of discussion when the 3DS was announced to be region-locked, because handhelds were always region-free.

Unless... could Japanese games be played on US consoles previously? If the only difference was NTSC vs. PAL, then that would explain why I never have been able to play Japanese console games as my region is PAL as opposed to Japan's NTSC.
    Not sure about the NES, but the SNES wasn't region locked all you had to do was break off some plastic nubs in the cartridge slot that prevented Super Famicom carts from sliding in, and it'd play just fine. Not sure about the GCN. Sony's consoles are region free and again I'm not sure about the 360.

You can use any USB storage, so a flash drive or a hard drive. The WiiU has built in storage itself. What is a 'file' in this context?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can use any USB storage, so a flash drive or a hard drive. The WiiU has built in storage itself. What is a 'file' in this context?
    Like you know when you transfer a game's data from your Wii to an SD card? That's what I mean.

Like do you have to completely erase your friends memory of a game to be able to play yours on their system?

Like you know when you transfer a game's data from your Wii to an SD card? That's what I mean.

Like do you have to completely erase your friends memory of a game to be able to play yours on their system?
    So a save file? There are a two possibilities here, however keep in mind a game can only read one save file at a time. One, a save file can be read from any storage medium attached to the WiiU and your friend is using some external storage, so you'd just have to unplug whatever medium your friend is using. Two, the WiiU can only load a save file from the internal storage, so you'd have to remove whatever was there (if anything) and copy your own data two it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It works just like gamecube slots...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    At least I believe that's the reason. Doesn't importing technically means you're paying Japan instead of America?
    What about that argument against games that will never be localized and will only be for "one" region.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

You can cut out two useless pieces of plastic on the US model SNES and that'll enable it to play Super Famicom games, and the NES is compatible with Famicom games with the use of an adapter that basically just changes the shape of the cartridge and adds a ribbon to the bottom so it doesn't get stuck, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    It works just like gamecube slots...
    The external storage system works like the gamecube slots, but from what Hydrohs is telling me my friends would most likely store their files on their internal memory, and that would mean I would have to delete it to play on it

Internal memory is moved through system transfers.

The external storage system works like the gamecube slots, but from what Hydrohs is telling me my friends would most likely store their files on their internal memory, and that would mean I would have to delete it to play on it
    The "license" to play the game will remain on the Wii U, much like it does on the Wii. Otherwise they'd have a debacle like Sony did where you could download the same game to tons of different consoles and play them all simultaneously while only buying it once.

The "license" to play the game will remain on the Wii U, much like it does on the Wii. Otherwise they'd have a debacle like Sony did where you could download the same game to tons of different consoles and play them all simultaneously while only buying it once.
    No I was hoping it'd be like the Gamecube or Xbox 360 where you'd just take out their storage system and replace it with yours

If you're bringing the entire storage system you might as well bring the console. And the Xbox doesn't actually work that way, it's tied to the console itself, not the HDD.

Just move them to external storage first.

If you're bringing the entire storage system you might as well bring the console. And the Xbox doesn't actually work that way, it's tied to the console itself, not the HDD.
    Nah, you can just swap a hard drive and you'll be fine. Downloaded games aren't even tied to your account. I can sign into XBL on a friends console and play all their downloaded games.

http://m.cnet.com/news/gamers-beware...ocked/57518970

... And there it is, the Wii U will be region locked.

That was discussed two pages ago and it was obvious to begin with.

Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast