Page 48 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 4333

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1176
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    My Gamestop sold out of pre-orders in under 4 days. I say there will be shortages still.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Pretty well the same situation here, I think it was 5 or 6 days. I'm not sure what he's talking about, but all we can do is wait and see.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #1177
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,978

    Default

    IGN twitter guy says the ND will have a 3DS focus

    Probably just going to talk about the upcoming Fall games (Paper Mario, Crosswords, Art Academy, Layton 5, Adventure Time (?), etc; probably mention BW2 again)

  3. #1178
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wind Waker in HD.

    I can see it now.
    THAT would give me a second reason to buy a Wii U.

  4. #1179
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    My Gamestop sold out of pre-orders in under 4 days. I say there will be shortages still.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Gamestop actually sold out of preorders for the one worth buying country-wide within 24 hours.

  5. #1180
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    THAT would give me a second reason to buy a Wii U.
    A remake of a game that already looks pretty good on Gamecube would be a reason to buy a Wii U? I can't say I agree with that, but I suppose it's your opinion.

    Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you buy a Wii U after it launches? We already know it's going to get Bayonetta 2 soon, and it's obviously going to get the next great Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. games.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  6. #1181
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    A remake of a game that already looks pretty good on Gamecube would be a reason to buy a Wii U? I can't say I agree with that, but I suppose it's your opinion.
    If you've got a powerful PC, fire up Wind Waker in Dolphin with full AA and AF at 1080p and you'll understand why.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #1182
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Graphics don't really matter much to me. I can enjoy a N64/GC/Wii game as much as an HD version of it. That's just me, and I suppose I'm in the minority here.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  8. #1183
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Graphics don't really matter much to me. I can enjoy a N64/GC/Wii game as much as an HD version of it. That's just me, and I suppose I'm in the minority here.
    I'm in the same boat, but surely you must be able to appreciate when something is more beautiful.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #1184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you've got a powerful PC, fire up Wind Waker in Dolphin with full AA and AF at 1080p and you'll understand why.
    Isn't that piracy or am I just a blind idiot that needs a dictionary

  10. #1185
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Isn't that piracy or am I just a blind idiot that needs a dictionary
    If you own the game yourself and have made a backup yourself, for personal use, then no. It's not piracy. Playing the game using Dolphin is not piracy, how you obtained the file necessary to play it in Dolphin may be piracy, however.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #1186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but surely you must be able to appreciate when something is more beautiful.
    I can't help but make a comparison with steroids using this phrase, which is still bad in itself.

    In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  12. #1187
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dragons Fare
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Steroids dont make you beautiful, curves do brother.

  13. #1188
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Yeah, steroids certainly don't help to make anything beautiful, and certainly not more beautiful.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #1189
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    It helps to read carefully. When I misread the discussion as being about asteroids, I was thoroughly confused.

  15. #1190

    Default

    Hmm, I was wondering something for a while. For some reason, I see the tablet as a touch screen and the TV as another screen, which in theory looks like a big DS. If so, and only IF, it'd be kind of nifty to have some kind of adapter to play DS/3DS game on the big screen like the Game Boy Player did.

    Of course, this sounds pretty insane in practice. Just tossing that idea out there.

    In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  16. #1191
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering something for a while. For some reason, I see the tablet as a touch screen and the TV as another screen, which in theory looks like a big DS. If so, and only IF, it'd be kind of nifty to have some kind of adapter to play DS/3DS game on the big screen like the Game Boy Player did.

    Of course, this sounds pretty insane in practice. Just tossing that idea out there.
    It's kind of a terrible idea for a few reasons. The first to come to mind is that DS games enlarged to most modern tvs won't really look good at all. The Super Gameboy kind of gets a pass on this due to the general era it was in, but now? probably not very good at all

  17. #1192
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but surely you must be able to appreciate when something is more beautiful.
    I can appreciate it, yes, but I'm not the kind of person who would pay $60 for a more beautiful version of a game I already have.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  18. #1193
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    It helps to read carefully. When I misread the discussion as being about asteroids, I was thoroughly confused.
    That must have been interesting for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's kind of a terrible idea for a few reasons. The first to come to mind is that DS games enlarged to most modern tvs won't really look good at all. The Super Gameboy kind of gets a pass on this due to the general era it was in, but now? probably not very good at all
    It also helps that blowing up sprite-based games don't look nearly as bad, they scale much nicer.

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I can appreciate it, yes, but I'm not the kind of person who would pay $60 for a more beautiful version of a game I already have.
    That makes sense.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #1194
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering something for a while. For some reason, I see the tablet as a touch screen and the TV as another screen, which in theory looks like a big DS. If so, and only IF, it'd be kind of nifty to have some kind of adapter to play DS/3DS game on the big screen like the Game Boy Player did.

    Of course, this sounds pretty insane in practice. Just tossing that idea out there.
    I believe I tossed that idea around a little bit earlier in this thread. Problem is that they might have not developed the software to do so, and a gimmick of the 3DS is a 3D screen, so unless you have a 3D TV which most people don't, the feature is null and void.

    And as everyone sad before, scaling the images on DS games would be terrible, sprites get a pass since it's spritework, and scale nicer.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  20. #1195
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    and a gimmick of the 3DS is a 3D screen, so unless you have a 3D TV which most people don't, the feature is null and void.
    The 3D used in the 3DS and the 3D used in 3D TV are not the same so it wouldn't work regardless.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  21. #1196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The 3D used in the 3DS and the 3D used in 3D TV are not the same so it wouldn't work regardless.
    I agree. I'm sure people wouldn't mind the loss of 3D that much.

    In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  22. #1197
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,732

    Default


    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  23. #1198
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    I wish I could afford to buy a wii-u when it comes out because I really like how Super Mario U and wonder 101 look =D

    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

  24. #1199
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Well at least this gives me a reason to make my friends believe that Nintendo isn't all for young people, since all they play are first person shooters and the more violent games -__-

  25. #1200
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Well at least this gives me a reason to make my friends believe that Nintendo isn't all for young people, since all they play are first person shooters and the more violent games -__-
    We still wont have any AO games released out west. Developers are afraid of getting that ESRB rating.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 48 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •