Page 48 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 4333

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    My Gamestop sold out of pre-orders in under 4 days. I say there will be shortages still.

woot21 out dawgs
    Pretty well the same situation here, I think it was 5 or 6 days. I'm not sure what he's talking about, but all we can do is wait and see.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

IGN twitter guy says the ND will have a 3DS focus

Probably just going to talk about the upcoming Fall games (Paper Mario, Crosswords, Art Academy, Layton 5, Adventure Time (?), etc; probably mention BW2 again)

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wind Waker in HD.

I can see it now.
    THAT would give me a second reason to buy a Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    My Gamestop sold out of pre-orders in under 4 days. I say there will be shortages still.

woot21 out dawgs
    Gamestop actually sold out of preorders for the one worth buying country-wide within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    THAT would give me a second reason to buy a Wii U.
    A remake of a game that already looks pretty good on Gamecube would be a reason to buy a Wii U? I can't say I agree with that, but I suppose it's your opinion.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you buy a Wii U after it launches? We already know it's going to get Bayonetta 2 soon, and it's obviously going to get the next great Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. games.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    A remake of a game that already looks pretty good on Gamecube would be a reason to buy a Wii U? I can't say I agree with that, but I suppose it's your opinion.
    If you've got a powerful PC, fire up Wind Waker in Dolphin with full AA and AF at 1080p and you'll understand why.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Graphics don't really matter much to me. I can enjoy a N64/GC/Wii game as much as an HD version of it. That's just me, and I suppose I'm in the minority here.

Graphics don't really matter much to me. I can enjoy a N64/GC/Wii game as much as an HD version of it. That's just me, and I suppose I'm in the minority here.
    I'm in the same boat, but surely you must be able to appreciate when something is more beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you've got a powerful PC, fire up Wind Waker in Dolphin with full AA and AF at 1080p and you'll understand why.
    Isn't that piracy or am I just a blind idiot that needs a dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Isn't that piracy or am I just a blind idiot that needs a dictionary
    If you own the game yourself and have made a backup yourself, for personal use, then no. It's not piracy. Playing the game using Dolphin is not piracy, how you obtained the file necessary to play it in Dolphin may be piracy, however.

I'm in the same boat, but surely you must be able to appreciate when something is more beautiful.
    I can't help but make a comparison with steroids using this phrase, which is still bad in itself.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Steroids dont make you beautiful, curves do brother.

Yeah, steroids certainly don't help to make anything beautiful, and certainly not more beautiful.

It helps to read carefully. When I misread the discussion as being about asteroids, I was thoroughly confused.

Hmm, I was wondering something for a while. For some reason, I see the tablet as a touch screen and the TV as another screen, which in theory looks like a big DS. If so, and only IF, it'd be kind of nifty to have some kind of adapter to play DS/3DS game on the big screen like the Game Boy Player did.

Of course, this sounds pretty insane in practice. Just tossing that idea out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering something for a while. For some reason, I see the tablet as a touch screen and the TV as another screen, which in theory looks like a big DS. If so, and only IF, it'd be kind of nifty to have some kind of adapter to play DS/3DS game on the big screen like the Game Boy Player did.

Of course, this sounds pretty insane in practice. Just tossing that idea out there.
    It's kind of a terrible idea for a few reasons. The first to come to mind is that DS games enlarged to most modern tvs won't really look good at all. The Super Gameboy kind of gets a pass on this due to the general era it was in, but now? probably not very good at all

I can appreciate it, yes, but I'm not the kind of person who would pay $60 for a more beautiful version of a game I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    It helps to read carefully. When I misread the discussion as being about asteroids, I was thoroughly confused.
    That must have been interesting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's kind of a terrible idea for a few reasons. The first to come to mind is that DS games enlarged to most modern tvs won't really look good at all. The Super Gameboy kind of gets a pass on this due to the general era it was in, but now? probably not very good at all
    It also helps that blowing up sprite-based games don't look nearly as bad, they scale much nicer.

I can appreciate it, yes, but I'm not the kind of person who would pay $60 for a more beautiful version of a game I already have.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

I believe I tossed that idea around a little bit earlier in this thread. Problem is that they might have not developed the software to do so, and a gimmick of the 3DS is a 3D screen, so unless you have a 3D TV which most people don't, the feature is null and void.

And as everyone sad before, scaling the images on DS games would be terrible, sprites get a pass since it's spritework, and scale nicer.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    and a gimmick of the 3DS is a 3D screen, so unless you have a 3D TV which most people don't, the feature is null and void.
    The 3D used in the 3DS and the 3D used in 3D TV are not the same so it wouldn't work regardless.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The 3D used in the 3DS and the 3D used in 3D TV are not the same so it wouldn't work regardless.
    I agree. I'm sure people wouldn't mind the loss of 3D that much.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I wish I could afford to buy a wii-u when it comes out because I really like how Super Mario U and wonder 101 look =D

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Well at least this gives me a reason to make my friends believe that Nintendo isn't all for young people, since all they play are first person shooters and the more violent games -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Well at least this gives me a reason to make my friends believe that Nintendo isn't all for young people, since all they play are first person shooters and the more violent games -__-
    We still wont have any AO games released out west. Developers are afraid of getting that ESRB rating.

Page 48 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast