Page 50 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4427

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Apparently, the Wii U Pro Controller can last up to 80 hours with one charge.

That just multiplied my want for a Wii U Pro Controller by seven. If it's true, anyway.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    And judging the link's name, it doesn't work with Wii games.

All the Brawl gamers are disappointed.

Why would they stick the right analog there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Why would they stick the right analog there?
    To make it similar to the pad. SYMMETRY!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

SYMMETRY! But seriously, I really want one of those things. Looks awesome for playing SNES virtual console games as well.

I'm looking forward to giving the Pro controller a shot, but I might end up sticking with my Classic Controller.

The pro controller has the benefit of not having to be plugged in to a Wii remote, however.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm looking forward to giving the Pro controller a shot, but I might end up sticking with my Classic Controller.

The pro controller has the benefit of not having to be plugged in to a Wii remote, however.
    Keep in mind that the information we have suggests, at the very least, that there will be some manner of disconnect between Wii controllers and Wii U controllers, much in the way that a Classic Controller couldn't be used to play GameCube titles on the Wii.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Keep in mind that the information we have suggests, at the very least, that there will be some manner of disconnect between Wii controllers and Wii U controllers, much in the way that a Classic Controller couldn't be used to play GameCube titles on the Wii.
    It's my understanding that the Classic Controller would work with all Wii U games, I'm not worried about the Pro controller being backwards compatible at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Okay with the release of the system going to be released in only about a month I guess I would like some other peoples opinion about which model to get.

I have thought about getting the Deluxe Set just for the extra memory, but I really won't need to get Nintendo Land. The only real game I want at release is Assassin's Creed III. So if I were to get the Basic Model instead do you think that it would be enough memory for say up to 5 years, or up until this next generation of gaming is done.

You can augment either model with flash media, either an SD card, a USB flash drive or an external hard drive, all of which are spacious and relatively cheap in this day and age.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's my understanding that the Classic Controller would work with all Wii U games, I'm not worried about the Pro controller being backwards compatible at all.
    The classic controller doesn't have the clickable sticks. They'll likely be using that excuse to get you using the Pro controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    Okay with the release of the system going to be released in only about a month I guess I would like some other peoples opinion about which model to get.

I have thought about getting the Deluxe Set just for the extra memory, but I really won't need to get Nintendo Land. The only real game I want at release is Assassin's Creed III. So if I were to get the Basic Model instead do you think that it would be enough memory for say up to 5 years, or up until this next generation of gaming is done.
    You should be getting an external HDD for it either way, neither 8GB nor 32GB is going to last you one year, much less five. I'd still recommend the 32GB model anyway, due to the rewards program and all the other little extra crap that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The classic controller doesn't have the clickable sticks. They'll likely be using that excuse to get you using the Pro controller.
    That's true.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/1...566568250002f8

So this is a thing that exists. Looks a little silly, I think.

Black Pro controller looks much better.

I think it looks pretty cool, and I'd consider getting it if I ever get a Wii U and if it makes its way to my shelves.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

I just gotta ask: Why? The basic controller already has the button layout, why? I could see coloring the buttons and otherwise keeping the controller alone, but why make the controller "pop-out"? It just looks tacky as all hell, unless you can actually remove the SNES controller portion.

Can I use that in the US or did Nintendo region lock the use of foreign 3rd party controllers too?

Doubt they'd do that. Still, I'd wait on information on the build quality of the controller so you don't get MadCatz'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I just gotta ask: Why? The basic controller already has the button layout, why? I could see coloring the buttons and otherwise keeping the controller alone, but why make the controller "pop-out"? It just looks tacky as all hell, unless you can actually remove the SNES controller portion.
    I think that's just drawn on, all the plastic is still flush. It's just painted to look like it's three dimenisonal.

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Both of those were posted earlier today, about a page ago.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th October 2012 at 6:15 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Buut they just said otherwise on twitter.... after stating it didnt work... I WANT THE TURTH

You can't handle the turth.

-----
    Words to|live by

The turth is everythang mahn! Zutto!

I've decided against a launch WiiU, due to the poor launch window, and am instead waiting for a game I actually want. It worked well enough getting a Wii for Metroid Prime 3, can't hurt now.

...Poor launch window my ***.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/w...ery-life-15537

SO IS THIS THE TURTH OR NOT TWITTER HATH ADVISED ME OTHERWISE

Page 50 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast