Page 52 of 177 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4413

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I'm gonna be getting AC3 and NSMBU if I have enough extra money.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

  2. #1277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    We'll wait it out. Nonetheless, the launch titles are now a bit of a disappointment.
    Hardly surprising since Pikmin 3 had been declared to be released close to the launch window from the very beginning.

  3. #1278
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    I really fail to see the point in waiting.

    If you like at least one of the launch games, and you have the money to buy the Wii U and the game, why wait?

    Wait until you don't have the money to buy the console or the game you really want? Yeah that makes sense.

    Why not be prepared for that game you absolutely want? Because if you buy the Wii U now, you'd only have to have around $60 when the game you really want comes out. As opposed to, I don't know $360-$400 depending on what you decide to buy with your Wii U.

    I just don't see why there's a point in waiting. Why not spend your excess cash now on the console, then hopefully get the $60 for that game you want.

    That's the way I see it, of course I have no money to do that, so it doesn't apply to me. But oh well.

    If only I should be lucky to pre-order a new gaming console when pre-orders are available, have the money to pre-order the gaming console and a game I've never played before (including those supposed "ports").
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  4. #1279
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  5. #1280
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I really fail to see the point in waiting.

    If you like at least one of the launch games, and you have the money to buy the Wii U and the game, why wait?

    Wait until you don't have the money to buy the console or the game you really want? Yeah that makes sense.

    Why not be prepared for that game you absolutely want? Because if you buy the Wii U now, you'd only have to have around $60 when the game you really want comes out. As opposed to, I don't know $360-$400 depending on what you decide to buy with your Wii U.

    I just don't see why there's a point in waiting. Why not spend your excess cash now on the console, then hopefully get the $60 for that game you want.

    That's the way I see it, of course I have no money to do that, so it doesn't apply to me. But oh well.

    If only I should be lucky to pre-order a new gaming console when pre-orders are available, have the money to pre-order the gaming console and a game I've never played before (including those supposed "ports").
    Buying any console on day one is pretty much retarded. You'd think the 360 and PS3 would remind people of that. Hardware failure aside, the Wii U isn't worth a day one purchase, with it's poor launch titles of shovelware, ports and mini-games.

  6. #1281
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Buying any console on day one is pretty much retarded. You'd think the 360 and PS3 would remind people of that. Hardware failure aside, the Wii U isn't worth a day one purchase, with it's poor launch titles of shovelware, ports and mini-games.
    The 360 I understand, but I'm not sure why you're calling out the PS3. The launch PS3 is still one of the best models.

    Not to mention Nintendo doesn't change their home consoles, really. The only change the Wii went through removed features, there's no downside to having gotten a Wii at launch.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #1282
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,120

    Default

    Iitc the launch PS3's had a lot of those YLOD errors, not as soon as the 360 but still. it also had no games

  8. #1283
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Iitc the launch PS3's had a lot of those YLOD errors, not as soon as the 360 but still. it also had no games
    Well so far (knock on wood) Nintendo's consoles typically don't suffer from any sort of widespread defects. Not exactly sure why, since the parts themselves are all coming from the same places. I wouldn't let the risk of an electronic device failing deter me from getting one at launch.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #1284
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Iitc the launch PS3's had a lot of those YLOD errors, not as soon as the 360 but still. it also had no games
    Those only had around a 3-5% of occurring, as opposed to the 360's 33% failure rate.

  10. #1285
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Buying any console on day one is pretty much retarded. You'd think the 360 and PS3 would remind people of that. Hardware failure aside
    And is Nintendo a gaming business that wouldn't let you replace your console for a new one if there was some widespread hardware failure?

    But I can see your point. However, ignoring possible hardware failures, it still doesn't make sense. Waiting for the right moment has its downsides, like I suggested there might be an unexpected expenditure, and well you might miss the time that you actually wanted to get it.

    the Wii U isn't worth a day one purchase, ports
    Irrelevant.

    If you aren't rich, and you don't have a 360 and/or a PS3, I don't see how ports would be negative.

    After all if you never played the game before, how can you negatively respond with "Damn, Nintendo and your launch title ports" but if you have played those games, then perhaps those ports would be relevant to your decision to not buy a Wii U from day one. But otherwise I don't see how ports are to be treated negatively and should a reason why you wouldn't buy a Wii U (outside of the only valid excuse, I've played those games before).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #1286

    Default

    Me having never played any of those ports before, it doesn't really make it much of a negative point. Buying a Wii U day one regardless.

  12. #1287
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    After all if you never played the game before, how can you negatively respond with "Damn, Nintendo and your launch title ports" but if you have played those games, then perhaps those ports would be relevant to your decision to not buy a Wii U from day one. But otherwise I don't see how ports are to be treated negatively and should a reason why you wouldn't buy a Wii U (outside of the only valid excuse, I've played those games before).
    This, pretty much. I haven't gotten any of the games that are being ported to the Wii U, and since I'm interested in getting as many games for the Wii U I might as well get the Wii U versions.

  13. #1288
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Me having never played any of those ports before, it doesn't really make it much of a negative point. Buying a Wii U day one regardless.
    Pretty much this. Plus I made it out alive the 3DS' weak launch which didn't hurt me too much.

    Stay tuned folks, we'll return with a witty comeback!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  14. #1289
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I really fail to see the point in waiting.
    That's because you're not thinking.
    If you like at least one of the launch games, and you have the money to buy the Wii U and the game, why wait?
    Because I don't.
    Wait until you don't have the money to buy the console or the game you really want? Yeah that makes sense.
    Why don't I have the money down the road?
    Why not be prepared for that game you absolutely want? Because if you buy the Wii U now, you'd only have to have around $60 when the game you really want comes out. As opposed to, I don't know $360-$400 depending on what you decide to buy with your Wii U.
    Yup. Do you...do you think my $350 will light on fire if it doesn't get spent on November 18th or whatever? Because it won't. I could put that same money into my savings to earn a few extra bucks interest. Or just sit on it. And it will be the same ****ing $350 when I WANT a WiiU for an actual game. Better, they may even have been a price-cut or sale at that point.

    So oh no. I want the same ****ing money to do the same ****ing thing when it's actually productive. That just makes no sense at all.

  15. #1290
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    I want the same ****ing money to do the same ****ing thing when it's actually productive. That just makes no sense at all.
    You're missing the point. What may not be ****ing productive to you may be ****ing productive to someone else. You are not the only person that Nintendo is aiming this console at.

  16. #1291
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Damn fhqwhgads, what happened to you? You never used to sound so bitter.

  17. #1292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Damn fhqwhgads, what happened to you? You never used to sound so bitter.
    Wait, what, seriously?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  18. #1293
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    That's because you're not thinking.

    Because I don't.

    Why don't I have the money down the road?

    Yup. Do you...do you think my $350 will light on fire if it doesn't get spent on November 18th or whatever? Because it won't. I could put that same money into my savings to earn a few extra bucks interest. Or just sit on it. And it will be the same ****ing $350 when I WANT a WiiU for an actual game. Better, they may even have been a price-cut or sale at that point.

    So oh no. I want the same ****ing money to do the same ****ing thing when it's actually productive. That just makes no sense at all.
    And yet at the same time buying a $150 to $600 console for ONE game is equally stupid.

    See this is why I fail to see why anyone should wait.

    Because all anyone is doing, is waiting for that one game.

    In terms of 3DS, some people haven't gotten yet, because hey there's no Gamefreak Main 3DS Pokémon game on it yet. And when it does happen those people will buy it.

    And yet depending on your tastes there are quite a few decent 3DS games out and are coming out.

    Just like it would be for the Wii U, why buy it when that amazing awesome game you want comes out? Who knows, that one game you might want could be the worst made game ever. So your pinning all your hopes, all the money and that one game.

    So what happens if that game disappoints you?

    Do you sell your Wii U and that game for likely less money that you spent on that console in the first place, and wait until the next game that strikes your interest, then what spend an additional $400 for another Wii U console as well accessories and that game?

    Now how does that make sense.

    What I don't get, what this is all about, my whole argument, is why wait for that one game to buy the console, when it in turn could be the worst game that you ever played? Why pin all your hopes on that "ONE" game? Just like other people who refuse to buy a console because that "one" game hasn't made it on the market.

    Why not just have the console for the sake of having that console? It plays Wii games, so if you have a Wii and games for it, your probably not going to have a problem with it. It will also have Netflix (but sure you mileage may vary), and there's Eshop, who knows what strange HD Eshop games or applications might be available.

    It's like me with the 3DS, sure I have 4 3DS games, and like 5 Eshop games, but I have it for the sake of having it, so that way one day hopefully, I'll get a game that really knocks me off my feet. Right now, while the games I have are fun, and they are still games I'd like to get, and there is one game coming that takes precedence over anything else (Paper Mario), I still have yet to see a game that I desperately want. Right now, the games out there and known are simply "I'd like to have."
    ------

    Anyway if you don't find anything interesting of the Wii U launch titles, that's fine. But for someone like me who doesn't own a 360 or a PS3. A lot of those ports, if I had the money, and if I had the time, would keep busy for a long time until more games came out.

    So for me, if I could, the Wii U would be a day one purchase for me. Sadly I'm not rolling in money, so I have to wait for a few years and even then there's no guarantee I'll get it. So for those of you, who have pre-ordered the Wii U, or at least are going to get it, when it becomes available (since right now, I don't think you can pre-order any more), then you're already far more lucky than I am. It took me a little more than a year after it was released just to get the 3DS, and I'm already sacrificing games I would like to get, with games that are coming out soon, because they interest me more.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #1294
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You're missing the point. What may not be ****ing productive to you may be ****ing productive to someone else. You are not the only person that Nintendo is aiming this console at.
    I don't think he ever said that he was.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #1295
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    As long as GTA 5 gets ported I'll be happy (Well I guess it won't be a port since it is not out yet but hopefully they release it on the Wii U too)

    BTW do Gamestops have the Wii U out in stores to be demoed? Like how they had the Wii out about a month early in 2006 so people could test it out.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

  21. #1296
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erinmizu View Post
    As long as GTA 5 gets ported I'll be happy (Well I guess it won't be a port since it is not out yet but hopefully they release it on the Wii U too)
    I wonder if we'll finally a real GTA on a Nintendo console..

    BTW do Gamestops have the Wii U out in stores to be demoed? Like how they had the Wii out about a month early in 2006 so people could test it out.
    I haven't seen any yet.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #1297
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erinmizu View Post
    As long as GTA 5 gets ported I'll be happy (Well I guess it won't be a port since it is not out yet but hopefully they release it on the Wii U too)

    BTW do Gamestops have the Wii U out in stores to be demoed? Like how they had the Wii out about a month early in 2006 so people could test it out.
    I doubt GTA5 is going to get 'ported". I see it launching with the 360/PS3 versions and it being the superior version.

    My Gamestop has a Wii U demo unit, I assume that the majority of gamestops in the US has demo units as well.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

  23. #1298
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGengar View Post
    My Gamestop has a Wii U demo unit, I assume that the majority of gamestops in the US has demo units as well.
    Really? My Gamestop didn't get Wii demo units until after the console launched, if I remember right. Then again, you are in New York and I am in a town in the middle of a swamp, so your area might have a higher advertising priority.
    Last edited by Clamps; 21st October 2012 at 8:11 PM.

  24. #1299
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I see a valid excuse for waiting to buy a Wii U. Is it really?

    Nintendo, if you think Wii U will get hot in a similar way to the 360 in its early days, then please don't give us a console with more "Red Ring Of Death"-esque bugs at launch, as that would likely ruin your head start against PS4/xbox 720, as fans will contact your customer service for repairs more often than they ever did when your respective-to-time-position legacy console was on the shelf, whether it was NES, SNES, N64, GCN, or even the Wii, and, as a result of the implied spike of customer service requests, potentially eat into your profits...

    ^ If it's a logical, valid excuse, then that would give me a sad face, as by the time Nintendo finds a solution to that problem, the PS4/720 would likely either prepare to celebrate launch day, or will already be on the shelf, effectively wasting Nintendo's head start on them, and who knows if the fans will start expecting that the Wii U should be the last console they will ever make. If the fans say so, then Nintendo will have themselves to blame if the fans are proven to be drawn away as a result in the form of buying the Wii U less and similar to, or slightly greater than, middle-life Gamecube sales levels, which is low enough to narrowly avoid being below healthy, rather than becoming a true financial failure like the Virtual Boy and other companies' consoles.

    ^ However, since we don't know the Wii U's true sales data yet, we can only project based on scenarios, yet we do think that the Wii U would still at least barely make money, just like most products when they are in their early stages of release, whether the evidence holds true or not, but if it does, confidence in the Wii U console's future would be pretty low, and serve as a warning bell to the critics, although I hope the Wii U future prospects are not even lower than mentioned, for Nintendo's sake, if the above holds true...

    ^
    Last edited by gregjammer; 21st October 2012 at 9:26 PM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

  25. #1300
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You're missing the point. What may not be ****ing productive to you may be ****ing productive to someone else. You are not the only person that Nintendo is aiming this console at.
    woah
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Irrelevant.

    If you aren't rich, and you don't have a 360 and/or a PS3, I don't see how ports would be negative.

    After all if you never played the game before, how can you negatively respond with "Damn, Nintendo and your launch title ports" but if you have played those games, then perhaps those ports would be relevant to your decision to not buy a Wii U from day one. But otherwise I don't see how ports are to be treated negatively and should a reason why you wouldn't buy a Wii U (outside of the only valid excuse, I've played those games before).
    It is relevant. I do have a 360/and or PS3(just like everyone else out there) and I have played these ports. So me and the millions of other PS3/360 owners out there that played those ports it is a negative. Playing Batman on the 360 isn't gonna make me want to play it on the Wii U.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    and there's Eshop,
    Oh great, I can buy the same NES/Snes/Nintendo 64 games yet again. For what will most likely be a higher price.

Page 52 of 177 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •