Page 53 of 177 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Wait, what, seriously?
    Well, not this bitter. Mind you, I don't post on here anywhere near as frequently as I used to. My last period of major activity was in the lead up to SSBB being released, so it's not surprising if I'm a little out of touch.

  2. #1302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I haven't seen any yet.
    My local one has one out.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    I see a valid excuse for waiting to buy a Wii U. Is it really?

    Nintendo, if you think Wii U will get hot in a similar way to the 360 in its early days, then please don't give us a console with more "Red Ring Of Death"-esque bugs at launch, as that would likely ruin your head start against PS4/xbox 720, as fans will contact your customer service for repairs more often than they ever did when your respective-to-time-position legacy console was on the shelf, whether it was NES, SNES, N64, GCN, or even the Wii, and, as a result of the implied spike of customer service requests, potentially eat into your profits...

    ^ If it's a logical, valid excuse, then that would give me a sad face, as by the time Nintendo finds a solution to that problem, the PS4/720 would likely either prepare to celebrate launch day, or will already be on the shelf, effectively wasting Nintendo's head start on them, and who knows if the fans will start expecting that the Wii U should be the last console they will ever make. If the fans say so, then Nintendo will have themselves to blame if the fans are proven to be drawn away as a result in the form of buying the Wii U less and similar to, or slightly greater than, middle-life Gamecube sales levels, which is low enough to narrowly avoid being below healthy, rather than becoming a true financial failure like the Virtual Boy and other companies' consoles.

    ^ However, since we don't know the Wii U's true sales data yet, we can only project based on scenarios, yet we do think that the Wii U would still at least barely make money, just like most products when they are in their early stages of release, whether the evidence holds true or not, but if it does, confidence in the Wii U console's future would be pretty low, and serve as a warning bell to the critics, although I hope the Wii U future prospects are not even lower than mentioned, for Nintendo's sake, if the above holds true...
    Sigh.

    This is all you completely overreacting to something of little to no importance, as is your want, for whatever reason. My suggestion to you is for your sake and ours, forget everything you've just posted and never let it trouble you again. Ever.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  3. #1303
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    My local one has one out.
    Happen to know how long they've had it out for?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #1304
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It is relevant. I do have a 360/and or PS3(just like everyone else out there) and I have played these ports. So me and the millions of other PS3/360 owners out there that played those ports it is a negative. Playing Batman on the 360 isn't gonna make me want to play it on the Wii U.
    Duh, it's more of the fact that they're rewarding those who own Nintendo consoles a chance to play it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh great, I can buy the same NES/Snes/Nintendo 64 games yet again. For what will most likely be a higher price.
    Right...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  5. #1305
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    See this is why I fail to see why anyone should wait.
    Wait what? So because I have the patience to wait for a price drop so I can have extra money to pay for something else there's something wrong with that?

  6. #1306
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Duh, it's more of the fact that they're rewarding those who own Nintendo consoles a chance to play it.
    I don't even see how any avid gamer could live with just a Wii for the last 6 years.

  7. #1307
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't even see how any avid gamer could live with just a Wii for the last 6 years.
    You ever think maybe, just maybe, some people don't like shooters?

  8. #1308
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You ever think maybe, just maybe, some people don't like shooters?
    Thank you. Here's a cookie.

    Plus, I also had my DS to keep me entertained. Don't worry, I'm going to get a PS3 this Christmas (but it's mostly for the Blu-Ray).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  9. #1309
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think he ever said that he was.
    Definitely didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And yet at the same time buying a $150 to $600 console for ONE game is equally stupid.

    See this is why I fail to see why anyone should wait.

    Because all anyone is doing, is waiting for that one game.

    In terms of 3DS, some people haven't gotten yet, because hey there's no Gamefreak Main 3DS Pokémon game on it yet. And when it does happen those people will buy it.

    And yet depending on your tastes there are quite a few decent 3DS games out and are coming out.

    Just like it would be for the Wii U, why buy it when that amazing awesome game you want comes out? Who knows, that one game you might want could be the worst made game ever. So your pinning all your hopes, all the money and that one game.

    So what happens if that game disappoints you?

    Do you sell your Wii U and that game for likely less money that you spent on that console in the first place, and wait until the next game that strikes your interest, then what spend an additional $400 for another Wii U console as well accessories and that game?

    Now how does that make sense.

    What I don't get, what this is all about, my whole argument, is why wait for that one game to buy the console, when it in turn could be the worst game that you ever played? Why pin all your hopes on that "ONE" game? Just like other people who refuse to buy a console because that "one" game hasn't made it on the market.
    Wait. You think someone saying they're waiting until it has a game they want means they only want one game and nothing else ever. This is getting stupider(somehow).


    I bought a Wii when Metroid Prime 3 was finally set to drop. Metroid Prime 3 is far from the only Wii game I ever touched. Think these things through. Why does, "I'm waiting for a game I like," come across as, "I only want one game ever and that's it," to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Well, not this bitter. Mind you, I don't post on here anywhere near as frequently as I used to. My last period of major activity was in the lead up to SSBB being released, so it's not surprising if I'm a little out of touch.
    I've only reappeared in the last few days, myself. I'm not bitter, I just have a low tolerance for ridiculous claims.

  10. #1310
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Wait. You think someone saying they're waiting until it has a game they want means they only want one game and nothing else ever. This is getting stupider(somehow).


    I bought a Wii when Metroid Prime 3 was finally set to drop. Metroid Prime 3 is far from the only Wii game I ever touched. Think these things through. Why does, "I'm waiting for a game I like," come across as, "I only want one game ever and that's it," to you?
    That's not what I said.

    Anyway that doesn't change the question that what if the game you like and are planning to buy the Wii U for disappoints you? What are you going to do with your Wii U, then? Because who knows when the next game that will interest you will come out.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #1311
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    The key thing to remember is that he's not waiting for the first game to interest him to come out, he's waiting for the first game to interest him enough to actually buy it to come out.

    I'm sure there'll be other games he'll pick up around when he gets the console, and there's nothing wrong with that.

  12. #1312
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What are you going to do with your Wii U, then? Because who knows when the next game that will interest you will come out.
    Again, you're operating under the 'one game only forever' thing you've got going on, and it's still ridiculous.

  13. #1313
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That's not what I said.

    Anyway that doesn't change the question that what if the game you like and are planning to buy the Wii U for disappoints you? What are you going to do with your Wii U, then? Because who knows when the next game that will interest you will come out.
    This has to be a wind up, right? I mean, I can understand the confusion early on, but if you really can't understand his point by now, I have to wonder if you are actually reading his posts.

  14. #1314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Anyway that doesn't change the question that what if the game you like and are planning to buy the Wii U for disappoints you? What are you going to do with your Wii U, then? Because who knows when the next game that will interest you will come out.
    Wii U Doomsday boy, as long as the game you want isn't a movie/cartoon-based video game, you're really okay with whatever choice you made. You're ignoring the launch games. Yeah, some of them are ports, but I'm still interested how they'll function with the Gamepad.

    Your question is pretty much stupid at this point. ASSUMING you feel cheated out for not having a good game for a brand new console...you just play you other Wii games in it to kill the time.

    Also, I'm sure we'll have demos for the Wii U, I think.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 22nd October 2012 at 4:58 PM.

  15. #1315
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't even see how any avid gamer could live with just a Wii for the last 6 years.
    Because the most original game to come out on any console in the past couple of years was a port of a PC game. Also, as Clamps said some of don't want to play shooters all day everyday. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Call of Halo: Modern Reach 3, but I enjoy platformers and other games as well. I get my main platforming fix from the Wii, same with my adventure/rpg games there too. In fact I have 3 games for my 360 that didn't come with it, and 1 is a port, 1 is remake, and 1 is the same game as the previous game in the series. So I can easily see how a gamer could get by with only a Wii as their home console.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    I bought a Wii when Metroid Prime 3 was finally set to drop. Metroid Prime 3 is far from the only Wii game I ever touched. Think these things through. Why does, "I'm waiting for a game I like," come across as, "I only want one game ever and that's it," to you?

    I've only reappeared in the last few days, myself. I'm not bitter, I just have a low tolerance for ridiculous claims.
    I can personally vouch that you played City Folk and Brawl. Also, is the game you are waiting for a TWEWY sequel for the Wii U?

    woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 22nd October 2012 at 11:04 PM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  16. #1316
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The key thing to remember is that he's not waiting for the first game to interest him to come out, he's waiting for the first game to interest him enough to actually buy it to come out.

    I'm sure there'll be other games he'll pick up around when he gets the console, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Again, you're operating under the 'one game only forever' thing you've got going on, and it's still ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    This has to be a wind up, right? I mean, I can understand the confusion early on, but if you really can't understand his point by now, I have to wonder if you are actually reading his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wii U Doomsday boy, as long as the game you want isn't a movie/cartoon-based video game, you're really okay with whatever choice you made. You're ignoring the launch games. Yeah, some of them are ports, but I'm still interested how they'll function with the Gamepad.

    Your question is pretty much stupid at this point. ASSUMING you feel cheated out for not having a good game for a brand new console...you just play you other Wii games in it to kill the time.

    Also, I'm sure we'll have demos for the Wii U, I think.
    I'm talking about people who only buy consoles when that ONE game comes out.

    And you know the people I'm talking about. The people who act as if there's only one game that will interest them. In their post, they don't even acknowledge other games.

    So for the purposes of my argument, those other games that might be interested in are irrelevant, since those people don't mention them at all. All it is to them is ONE GAME, that they are willing to buy a $300 or $250 console for, as if that console was catered solely to that one game.

    And all my question was asking is how the hell does it make any sense for a person to pin their hopes on one game and buy a fairly expensive console even though that game might be disappointing?

    It doesn't, it makes NO SENSE whatsoever, to buy a console for ONE GAME, period.

    So it would be nice if people would stop acting like that ONE game is their holy grail to buying a console.

    Why not multiple games? That would make more sense.

    Or at the very least: Well these games do look interesting, but I'm waiting for Pikmin 3 to come out, so I'll get Pikmin 3 and Darksiders 2 and other stuff as well.

    Let's not have: Nah forget these games, I'm only going to get the console when Pikmin 3 comes out. (which is what most people are acting like)

    Then we go to the hypothetical situation of what if Pikmin 3 sucks horribly as a game.

    So then it's like why didn't you just buy the console when you could've gotten it, get Darksiders 2 and wait for Pikmin 3 to come out?

    And then for the latter situation, aside from Wii games, if you really only bought the Wii U for Pikmin, how long will it be before you can get another game that interests you, since you clearly don't care about the other games.

    I would buy any console just for the sake of having it even if I bought no games with it. Consoles are expensive, there are times where either you buy it at a specific moment or your screwed because you bought other things with your money.

    So again I don't see any point in waiting because there are only 2 situations when buying a console later:

    1.) You buy the Wii U when "Pikmin 3" (just an example) comes out along with other games that were already out. Pikmin 3 is a very disappointing game, making me question why you didn't just buy the console when you could buy the console and wait for Pikmin 3 to come out. The only benefit to this situation, is if you do buy multiple games, at the very least they wouldn't be exhausted out by the time Pikmin 3 does come out. So even if Pikmin 3 sucks there's still the 1 or more other games that would feel fresh and brand new, but then again when does the next "interesting" game come out?

    2). You buy the Wii U when "Pikmin 3" (again just an example) comes out and just Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3 turns out to be this horrible game, well, then what? Buy a game you've already played before on the 360/PS3, sell the Wii U because none of the upcoming games sound interesting enough for you? Or use it for Wii games, let it develop a lot of dust, and hardly use it?

    Ideally one should go for the first situation. I'm just saying people when they say they are waiting sound like 2nd situation. If not, so be it, if your going for the 1st situation good for you. I just don't see any point in the 2nd situation.

    Oh and just to clarify this "one game only forever" BS, that's not at all what I was arguing, future games are irrelevant, because guess what "Pikmin 3" sucks and those future games that you think are so relevant, could be 6 months from release. What are going to do for 6 months, with a Wii U and a game that you found to be utterly disappointing.

    P.S. I'm in no way suggesting Pikmin 3 will actually suck, I'm sure it will at the very least get 7.5 out of 10.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  17. #1317
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    pls go away dman. Your posts are so wordy and so terribly written. It's a pain to read them and you say nothing throughout the entire post. At least make your pointless rambling shorter.

  18. #1318
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm talking about people who only buy consoles when that ONE game comes out.

    And you know the people I'm talking about. The people who act as if there's only one game that will interest them. In their post, they don't even acknowledge other games.

    So for the purposes of my argument, those other games that might be interested in are irrelevant, since those people don't mention them at all. All it is to them is ONE GAME, that they are willing to buy a $300 or $250 console for, as if that console was catered solely to that one game.
    Did it ever occur to you that they don't mention other games because they're not interested in them?

    And all my question was asking is how the hell does it make any sense for a person to pin their hopes on one game and buy a fairly expensive console even though that game might be disappointing?

    It doesn't, it makes NO SENSE whatsoever, to buy a console for ONE GAME, period.
    And is buying a console at launch, with no games, any more purposeful? No. It's a bigger risk. It's the same with buying a new game even if you've got the console, you can't be sure you're going to like it before you play it, should you stop buying games all together?

    So it would be nice if people would stop acting like that ONE game is their holy grail to buying a console.
    Why?

    Why not multiple games? That would make more sense.
    So you want them to wait until a few games that they're interested in are released, before buying the console?

    Let's not have: Nah forget these games, I'm only going to get the console when Pikmin 3 comes out. (which is what most people are acting like)

    Then we go to the hypothetical situation of what if Pikmin 3 sucks horribly as a game.

    So then it's like why didn't you just buy the console when you could've gotten it, get Darksiders 2 and wait for Pikmin 3 to come out?
    Because they don't want Darksiders 2...? You seem to think everyone here is you and has exactly the same tastes.

    I agree with Clamps though, please stop. Maybe you're making sense to yourself, but you're sure as hell not getting anywhere with the rest of us. People have different opinions, not everyone likes the games that have been announced so far, or are going to be released at launch.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #1319
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    There's a new Epic Mickey trailer out, I dunno if someone here posted it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NGn9wagWJD4
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

  20. #1320
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You ever think maybe, just maybe, some people don't like shooters?
    >Implying that those systems have nothing but shooters.

  21. #1321
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    >Implying that those systems have nothing but shooters.
    PS3 has a good selection. Xbox ehhhh


    I own all consoles DS 3ds PS3 360 Wii etc but I noticed the 360 library is weaker then the others for good 1st parties. Pretty much only have 360 for the Naruto 360 only games
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

  22. #1322
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Why the **** is it so hard for any of you to grasp my arguments. I swear to god it's like trying to teach 1 plus 1 to worms. And yet they think I'm teaching them about history.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that they don't mention other games because they're not interested in them?
    What the **** does this have to do with anything remember what Clamps and those other people are saying.

    "The key thing to remember is that he's not waiting for the first game to interest him to come out, he's waiting for the first game to interest him enough to actually buy it to come out."

    Or

    Again, you're operating under the 'one game only forever' thing you've got going on, and it's still ridiculous.

    And I wasn't operating under the "One game only forever" or what Clamps said "The key thing to remember is that he's not waiting for the first game to interest him to come out, he's waiting for the first game to interest him enough to actually buy it to come out

    And here you are Hydrohs saying no people do only do buy consoles for one game, and then they take the risk of that game sucking, which still doesn't answer the question I proposed.

    My god do I HAVE TO YELL IT.

    SO YOU BUY A CONSOLE FOR ONE ****** GAME BECAUSE IT LOOKED INTERESTING AND ONLY ONE ****** GAME NO OTHER GAMES ARE RELEVANT, because they don't interest you and they DON'T EXIST IN THE MARKET YET. WHAT THE **** ARE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP WII U AND THE GAME THAT YOU THOUGHT WAS INTERESTING TURNED OUT TO SUCK. PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE TELL ME WHAT **** YOU PLAN ON DOING for the however long period of time, until that next game you want comes out? Which could be SIX months from now.

    Good ****** lord it is NOT THAT HARD to grasp or answer that HYPOTHETICAL question, without calling me a retard or stupid, or whatever the hell you have to do to sleep at night.



    [/quote]And is buying a console at launch, with no games, any more purposeful? No. It's a bigger risk. It's the same with buying a new game even if you've got the console, you can't be sure you're going to like it before you play it, should you stop buying games all together?[/quote] This is irrelevant to what you quoted.

    Why?
    Oh I don't know maybe because it's expensive to buy a ~$400 console for only one game without any other game in the near future that you plan on getting.

    So you want them to wait until a few games that they're interested in are released, before buying the console?
    Quite frankly people, I'm done. You people just don't understand me, because apparently I'm speaking Latin.

    I honestly don't care when people buy their god damn console, I was just confused as to why they only wait for one game which could out to be worse than actually playing a port that you've already played before.


    Because they don't want Darksiders 2...? You seem to think everyone here is you and has exactly the same tastes.
    Do you really not get the concept of hypothetical situations and "for example" situations?

    Do you really honestly think I give a rat's rear end that no one here likes Darksiders, for crying out loud it was god damn example, which means replace with something YOU PEOPLE DO ****** like that will come out BEFORE PIKMIN 3.

    I agree with Clamps though, please stop. Maybe you're making sense to yourself, but you're sure as hell not getting anywhere with the rest of us. People have different opinions, not everyone likes the games that have been announced so far, or are going to be released at launch.
    Or maybe you people are taking my posts to god damn literally.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  23. #1323
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Chill bro.

    If people wanna buy a system for one game, let them. People do it for Pokemon all the time.

  24. #1324
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    >Implying that those systems have nothing but shooters.
    I didn't imply that. I outright stated it. 90% of the games for the Xbawx are generic brown and bloom shooters. The PS3 has those along with a few "Super Pedophile Happy Funtime RPG"s. Though despite that criticism of the PS3 I'd buy one ASAP if Scamco localized Idolm@ster with the songs kept intact.

  25. #1325
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I didn't imply that. I outright stated it. 90% of the games for the Xbawx are generic brown and bloom shooters. The PS3 has those along with a few "Super Pedophile Happy Funtime RPG"s. Though despite that criticism of the PS3 I'd buy one ASAP if Scamco localized Idolm@ster with the songs kept intact.
    lol wat? The 360 has around 940 games, 305 of them are shooters, like half of those shooters are also arcade/puzzle/rpgs. So no. Though Idolm@ster would be awesome but seeing as Tales of Graces didn't get the Idolm@ster costumes due to legal issues it wont happen soon.
    Last edited by Jb; 23rd October 2012 at 9:39 PM.

Page 53 of 177 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •