Page 54 of 177 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4413

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I didn't imply that. I outright stated it. 90% of the games for the Xbawx are generic brown and bloom shooters. The PS3 has those along with a few "Super Pedophile Happy Funtime RPG"s. Though despite that criticism of the PS3 I'd buy one ASAP if Scamco localized Idolm@ster with the songs kept intact.
    Hey, Halo isn't a brown and bloom shooter. It is a futuristic brown and bloom shooter. Besides, the 360 has Minecraft, which a lot of people might say is a better exclusive than pretty much anything the PS3 has.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  2. #1327
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    The 360 Minecraft sucks.

  3. #1328
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    lol wat? The 360 has around 940 games, 305 of them are shooters, like half of those shooters are also arcade/puzzle/rpgs. So no.[/SIZE]
    That's including arcade games and whatnot, which generally don't have the budget to be AAA shooters.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Hey, Halo isn't a brown and bloom shooter. It is a futuristic brown and bloom shooter. Besides, the 360 has Minecraft, which a lot of people might say is a better exclusive than pretty much anything the PS3 has.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Minecraft isn't an exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    The 360 Minecraft sucks.
    Also this.

  4. #1329
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    That's including arcade games and whatnot, which generally don't have the budget to be AAA shooters.

    If you don't count those games you might as well say the Wii has no games since the system is made up of 95% of those.

  5. #1330
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If you don't count those games you might as well say the Wii has no games since the system is made up of 95% of those.
    The Wii has no games. Realistically the Wii's strong suit is just it's first party games. There are a few notable exceptions, of course. But otherwise a 360/PS3 is the better choice. I'm willing to be it'll be the same for the Wii U.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #1331
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Again bro WIKIPEDIA^

    Dman chill. You too Clamps

  7. #1332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm willing to be it'll be the same for the Wii U.
    The difference, however, is that the Wii U is more or less as capable as Microsoft and Sony's respective current offerings and as such is better able to present itself as a landing spot for the bigger third-party multiplatform games than the Wii was able to.

    That the Wii U is launching with its own builds of several such notable titles is not a fluke, at least until Microsoft and Sony release their respective next systems and we have another disconnect.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  8. #1333
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Again bro WIKIPEDIA^

    Dman chill. You too Clamps
    What does Wikipedia have to do with what I said? O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The difference, however, is that the Wii U is more or less as capable as Microsoft and Sony's respective current offerings and as such is better able to present itself as a landing spot for the bigger third-party multiplatform games than the Wii was able to.

    That the Wii U is launching with its own builds of several such notable titles is not a fluke, at least until Microsoft and Sony release their respective next systems and we have another disconnect.
    And that's fine for now, but as you said in a year, maybe two at the most, when we see the next generation of consoles the Wii U will be left behind again. Unless it truly is just a stop gap and Nintendo plans to release a real next gen console later. And I'm thinking more in the long term it will become like the Wii. Certainly right now it's on equal footing.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #1334
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Dude are you shitting me? Are you really ****ing spouting that MCV ********?

    Good lord man the **** is wrong with your head?

  10. #1335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That the Wii U is launching with its own builds of several such notable titles is not a fluke, at least until Microsoft and Sony release their respective next systems and we have another disconnect.
    We'll have a total disconnect if they copy the Gamepad, though.

  11. #1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Certainly right now it's on equal footing.
    And that's the key here. Not that Nintendo doesn't look at the long-term like any good company does, but the Wii made so, so much of its first two to three years on the market. If the Wii U can do half of the business the Wii did over that period in its respective lifespan, it will be on very solid ground for the longer-term, and as we've discussed, the Wii U is better equipped to be such a player in the multiplatform market than was its predecessor.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We'll have a total disconnect if they copy the Gamepad, though.
    Why would there be a disconnect if that were the case, though?

    The Wii missed out on so many third-party games in part because it was underpowered relative to the competition and in lesser part because many developers simply didn't want to have to adapt their games to a Remote-based control scheme.

    The Wii U doesn't have the problem of being underpowered relative to the competition. The system will have a more traditional controller available at launch, more capable and pushed much harder than the Wii's Classic Controller was, so that developers aren't turned away again by a vastly different control device.

    By that same token, if Microsoft and Sony's respective next offerings do offer their own tablet controller of some sort, why would there be an issue developing those same titles for the Wii U, which has its own ingrained tablet controller?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 24th October 2012 at 12:14 AM.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #1337
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If the Wii U can do half of the business the Wii did over that period in its respective lifespan, it will be on very solid ground for the longer-term, and as we've discussed, the Wii U is better equipped to be such a player in the multiplatform market than was its predecessor.
    Oh for sure. And I'd much rather it be able to continue to compete with Microsoft and Sony, why buy three when I can have one.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    I haven't had this much fun reading a thread since the Smash Bros topics were closed.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  14. #1339
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Minecraft isn't an exclusive.
    At no point did I say it was, in fact on the last page I pointed out the most original game to come out on a console in the past few years was a port of a PC game, referring directly to Minecraft. In fact here is the quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Because the most original game to come out on any console in the past couple of years was a port of a PC game.
    Though it is a console exclusive on the 360.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  15. #1340
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    At no point did I say it was, in fact on the last page I pointed out the most original game to come out on a console in the past few years was a port of a PC game, referring directly to Minecraft. In fact here is the quote:
    Though it is a console exclusive on the 360.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Minecraft wasn't really original though. It was basically Dwarf Fortress in 3D!

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I haven't had this much fun reading a thread since the Smash Bros topics were closed.
    The gang is pretty much all here, now that I think about it. Aside from Deoxys. And the furries.
    Last edited by Clamps; 24th October 2012 at 1:07 AM.

  16. #1341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Why would there be a disconnect if that were the case, though?

    The Wii missed out on so many third-party games in part because it was underpowered relative to the competition and in lesser part because many developers simply didn't want to have to adapt their games to a Remote-based control scheme.

    The Wii U doesn't have the problem of being underpowered relative to the competition. The system will have a more traditional controller available at launch, more capable and pushed much harder than the Wii's Classic Controller was, so that developers aren't turned away again by a vastly different control device.

    By that same token, if Microsoft and Sony's respective next offerings do offer their own tablet controller of some sort, why would there be an issue developing those same titles for the Wii U, which has its own ingrained tablet controller?
    Oh, I said that because they would probably try to steal Nintendo's audience by copying their products. I guess Nintendo's early release will make a significant difference, though.

  17. #1342
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Oh dman, come back. Your posts are so flawed and they make me chuckle.

    "Hurr durr i dont like othe r opinons i fink dem stoopid me yell now"

    Why are you so concerned about someone else's mindset regarding this? Why should they buy the console at launch if there are no concurrent games they are parituclarly excited for?

    Yes, this operates under that 'one game only' thing you so fervently argue against. So I will ask another question. Say they are interested in Pikmin 3 and also Darksiders 2. Pikmin 3 is a fervent desire, where they simply must have it. Darksiders 2 is a kind of 'eh, I might get it if I buy the console', but they're not hugely concerned. Why would they then have to buy the console at launch for the 'meh' game instead of the game they desperately want? The money isn't going anywhere, but it's sensible to keep the money in case an emergency arises, rather than buying the console for an average game, playing it once and then the thing gathers dust, waiting for Pikmin 3 to come out.

    You seem to have no concept of people's options when it comes to their money. If they save the money for the console, but are waiting for that one particular game to come out, they can do so. There are no little money fairies to wheedle away their cash. If they set aside the money today, but don't buy the console until April, what's the problem?

    As for what they do with their console if that one particular game sucks, I imagine they would sell it.
    Last edited by O Fortuna; 24th October 2012 at 3:06 AM.

  18. #1343
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The gang is pretty much all here, now that I think about it. Aside from Deoxys. And the furries.
    Yeah, this brings back memories of when these forums were actually fun.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  19. #1344

    Default

    You define fun very oddly.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  20. #1345
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Guys, stop reminding me of the herd!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  21. #1346
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You define fun very oddly.
    The definition of fun is always the opposite of the current state of things. Didn't you take Pessimism 101?

  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Cease this ******try AT ONCE.

  23. #1348
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Minecraft wasn't really original though. It was basically Dwarf Fortress in 3D!
    But Minecraft came out first...



    The gang is pretty much all here, now that I think about it. Aside from Deoxys. And the furries.
    Pretty sure you mean furry. I think there was only one Gargomon251, thank goodness. Oh, we're missing Groundwalker and Dattebayo too.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  24. #1349
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    In all seriousness, sceptile33 came with a witty remark for a good laugh. BCVM22 and Clamps, you didn't have to sarcastically respond. That said, we should listen to arceus7 and get back on topic. From now on, we us blue text (as such) to indicate sarcasm. Still feel bad? Look at it this way, you guys aren't as bad as the herd.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  25. #1350

    Default

    So Ubisoft has clarified that it will sell their games beginning Nov. 13 or around that day before the Wii U comes out.

    So that begs to ask, will anybody buy a game before you get the system, regardless if the Wii U console will come out on the release day first?

Page 54 of 177 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •