Page 59 of 177 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    [size=3][font=times new roman]Like...?
    Not making another NSMB.

[size=3][font=times new roman]No it's not. It's multiplayer which makes it insanely fun.
    It's the multiplayer that is extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    And the single player is insanely boring.

I don't hate the NSMB games; the levels are well constructed and the art and music are fine. I just think the games are really unmemorable. SMB1, SMB2 USA, SMB3, and World all had distinct and unique styles. NSMB seems entirely unmemorable, unimaginative, and "safe". I don't have a 3DS yet and I'm sure NSMB2 is enjoyable on some levels, but I honestly don't feel like revisiting that universe. I think I'll hold out and play Super Mario 3D Land, which looks miles more interesting.
    That actually sums it up very well. And yes, SM3DL is a lot of fun, it has throwbacks but it doesn't feel samey.

Like...?

How can they take some creative risks while still feeling like the same type of game? The only thing I could think of is like what they did with super mario 64, but that's a completely different game
    Like what noobers mentioned the first three SMB games are all the same style while being completely different, that's what taking creative risks is about. You don't necessarily have to mess with the core, but change enough to keep it interesting. NSMB was good, but now we've had four other games which are identical.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Like...?

How can they take some creative risks while still feeling like the same type of game? The only thing I could think of is like what they did with super mario 64, but that's a completely different game
    Solid point, their isn't really a good risk I can think of. Look at Rayman Origins and Legends, classic platforming at its finest, the only difference is the fact that they have an outstanding art style and offer a great amount of challenge. The only risk I can see Nintendo taking is making the games more of how Super Mario Bros. is to the original Super Mario Bros. 2 along with making it more like World (which from what we've seen it seems like such has been accomplished). In the end though, it's more Mario; despite the lack of innovation, there's nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 5th November 2012 at 5:00 AM. Reason: grammar
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

One thing I am wondering is if I should get rid of my old Wii from about 2008, in order to get a Wii U in a few weeks. I only have about 3 games for it now and hardly even touched it since last year. Skyward Sword was the last big game I played for it.

The only other games I have are Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure.

The main games that I would want to get at release for the system would be Assassin's Creed III and Skylanders: Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not making another NSMB.
    So there won't be any more 2d mario platforming games then people will whine that we don't have a 2d mario platforming games?

It's the multiplayer that is extremely annoying.
    I found it incredibly fun.

I just wonder why they released two NSMB games a few months apart. It's no wonder people accuse the series of being milked.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

So there won't be any more 2d mario platforming games then people will whine that we don't have a 2d mario platforming games?
    Grammar? Also, yup, there will be the odd nostalgic fan out there whining...

I found it incredibly fun.
    It was partially fun for the reason Jb gave and the platforms out of nowhere abilities that the one with the pad has along with the many challenge modes, I can see it lasting as a solid party game.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I just wonder why they released two NSMB games a few months apart. It's no wonder people accuse the series of being milked.
    This! Oh my Lord, this! 2 wasn't bad, it just didn't feel fresh. Hopefully that's not the case with U.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I do agree 2 was not a good example of feeling fresh, even I wasn't impressed by it tbh. It felt like I was playing NSMB1, which I was NOT a fan of, but with more coins. I am a giant fan of NSMBWii though

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    One thing I am wondering is if I should get rid of my old Wii from about 2008, in order to get a Wii U in a few weeks. I only have about 3 games for it now and hardly even touched it since last year. Skyward Sword was the last big game I played for it.
    Do you have any Virtual Console games/Wiiware? If not, go for it. If yes, you might as well wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Do you have any Virtual Console games/Wiiware? If not, go for it. If yes, you might as well wait.
    Can't you transfer those?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Will THEY let you transfer them at the store?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Yes, you can transfer WiiWare/Virtual Console games to the Wii U. I've forgotten how to do so, not that I paid much attention in the first place. The only VC/Wiiware game I value is Super Smash Bros. 64. Its a good piece of history but but it simply doesn't compare with the massive amount of content in the sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Will THEY let you transfer them at the store?

Okay, even if the answer to this is a baseline "yes", does your store have a television set up where they're perfectly happy to let you set up your Wii and your Wii U to take up their and everyone else's time and do this?

Maybe, but probably not.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I do agree 2 was not a good example of feeling fresh, even I wasn't impressed by it tbh. It felt like I was playing NSMB1, which I was NOT a fan of, but with more coins. I am a giant fan of NSMBWii though
    I very much enjoyed NSMB. I did not, however, particularly like playing the same game on Wii or 3DS. There were some moments of NSMB2 that I found to be fun, but I don't really have anything else to commend it for. The series is far too repetitive for fans that buy every Mario game. Understandable, I guess, when it seems the series is targeted towards the casual gamer looking for a straightforward Mario platformer.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 5th November 2012 at 8:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

Okay, even if the answer to this is a baseline "yes", does your store have a television set up where they're perfectly happy to let you set up your Wii and your Wii U to take up their and everyone else's time and do this?

Maybe, but probably not.
    Well, if its their job and they're told to, then probably.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well, if its their job and they're told to, then probably.
    It's not their job to do that, at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not their job to do that, at all.
    I only said if. I probably misinterpreted this discussion.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Maybe, but probably not.
    Using the 3DS and Gamestop as an example.

You mean that if I was to turn in my 3DS for a 3DS XL (hypothetically speaking), I wouldn't be allowed to transfer my data to the 3DS XL, so I would have to somehow spend more money on the 3DS XL to transfer, or sacrifice all the stuff saved to my actual 3DS just to get a cheaper 3DS XL?

While yes, sure the 3DS is a lot easier to do, the same principal still applies.

If you wanted to trade in your console for a better one, how could you transfer your stuff over to the new console?

Either you spend more money for the console for the transfer of data, and just turn in your Wii and get to spend that extra money on other stuff, or what you just sacrifice your entire console and all it's stuff just for a cheaper console?

Doesn't sound right to me.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You mean that if I was to turn in my 3DS for a 3DS XL (hypothetically speaking), I wouldn't be allowed to transfer my data to the 3DS XL, so I would have to somehow spend more money on the 3DS XL to transfer, or sacrifice all the stuff saved to my actual 3DS just to get a cheaper 3DS XL?
    I'm telling that in no part of anything is it their responsibility to let you use their stuff for your convenience. Store to store, will you find a lot of employees who are okay with letting you do so? Probably, again on a store-to-store basis. But in no part of anything is that actually their responsibility to facilitate.

If you wanted to trade in your console for a better one, how could you transfer your stuff over to the new console?
    Again. Not their problem. Maybe some employees are conscious enough of their customers and the products they sell to make it their problem. But bottom line, not their problem.

-----
    Words to|live by

Using the 3DS and Gamestop as an example.

While yes, sure the 3DS is a lot easier to do, the same principal still applies.

Either you spend more money for the console for the transfer of data, and just turn in your Wii and get to spend that extra money on other stuff, or what you just sacrifice your entire console and all it's stuff just for a cheaper console?

Doesn't sound right to me.
    I think the big problem is that they would need a TV to hook up a Wii and Wii U to, and that would be too much of a hassle to be worth it. It's much easier to do it with handhelds, and even then they don't usually allow for that.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I'm telling that in no part of anything is it their responsibility to let you use their stuff for your convenience. Store to store, will you find a lot of employees who are okay with letting you do so? Probably, again on a store-to-store basis. But in no part of anything is that actually their responsibility to facilitate.

Again. Not their problem. Maybe some employees are conscious enough of their customers and the products they sell to make it their problem. But bottom line, not their problem.
    How is NOT their problem?

They're the ones who set the policy of allowing you to turn in your old console for reducing the price of brand new console.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

How is NOT their problem?
    Becaaaaause...

They're the ones who set the policy of allowing you to turn in your old console for reducing the price of brand new console.
    ...there ain't nothing in that policy that says they absotively, posilutely have to allow you, on their property and their time, to perform the data transfer. You are perfectly capable of handing them one device in exchange for the discount on the new one. There's nothing in that transaction, as they lay it out, that dictates that the transaction absolutely must include an opportunity for you to transfer one to the other. Again - you're demanding something that they aren't required to give you.

Rendering all of this a completely moot point is that you need an active wireless Internet connection to perform the transfer, which you aren't going to find at Gamestop.

But again, you're getting worked up over something you aren't owed.

-----
    Words to|live by

But again, you're getting worked up over something you aren't owed.
    *sigh*

You act as if I really care, or I have the money to even pull this off or would even want to pull this off

I was just playing the devil's advocate.

Maybe, but probably not.
    Actually, they usually do have a TV they use to test "questionable" console trade-ins. Whether they'd let you use it is an entirely different point, and whether they would have a second one is another point.

This may all be moot, because we don't even know how the transfer is done yet. It may be entirely linked to your Club Nintendo account, for all we know, since it does have records of all your Virtual Console downloads provided it's linked with your Wii Shop Channel account.

*sigh*

You act as if I really care, or I have the money to even pull this off or would even want to pull this off

I was just playing the devil's advocate.
    You're not very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Actually, they usually do have a TV they use to test "questionable" console trade-ins. Whether they'd let you use it is an entirely different point, and whether they would have a second one is another point.

This may all be moot, because we don't even know how the transfer is done yet. It may be entirely linked to your Club Nintendo account, for all we know, since it does have records of all your Virtual Console downloads provided it's linked with your Wii Shop Channel account.
    It's probably the exact same as a DSi/3DS transfers. Just done over local wireless.

Page 59 of 177 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast