Page 60 of 177 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's probably the exact same as a DSi/3DS transfers. Just done over local wireless.
    I somehow doubt that, local wireless would involve having two TVs.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    I somehow doubt that, local wireless would involve having two TVs.
    Not necessarily, you start the transfer and then just switch to a different input. It's certainly not as seamless. Alternatively it could just use SD cards or USB drives

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The official word is that both systems will need an Internet connection, and the Wii U will need an SD card.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

NSMB, certainly. I think it's an excellent game. Again, haven't played 2 yet. Besides which, ForeverFlame mentioned the 90s, which puts it up against Super Mario World which is much better.
    He said since the 90s, meaning post-1999, meaning SMW is not in the discussion.

As for the transfer stuff, do you have a working Gamecube still, and do you still play Gamecube games? If you answered yes to the first one, you don't need to keep your Wii, but if your answers, like mine, were "No and yes" you need to hold onto your Wii to play Melee, Pokemon: XD, Wind Waker, etc.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I reserved both wii U and AC 3 way back when and just saw on the receipt it says AC 3 11-13. I know they hold reserves for 48 hours so does that mean I have until 13-15th for AC 3 or will they hold it till the Wii U launches? Not sure if it is sepreate rules for launch title games

I'm pretty sure the demand for a game you can't even play won't be big enough that they won't be able to hold onto a few copies until the 18th.

However, with that said, rather than asking us, who can give you an educated guess but not a definitive answer, perhaps you'd be better served calling the store and asking.

This goes for all of you planning on asking similar questions over the next week and a half: don't ask here. Call your store.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    He said since the 90s, meaning post-1999, meaning SMW is not in the discussion.

As for the transfer stuff, do you have a working Gamecube still, and do you still play Gamecube games? If you answered yes to the first one, you don't need to keep your Wii, but if your answers, like mine, were "No and yes" you need to hold onto your Wii to play Melee, Pokemon: XD, Wind Waker, etc.

woot21 out dawgs
    You also need to take into consideration that the Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers, which is important for Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I'm pretty sure the demand for a game you can't even play won't be big enough that they won't be able to hold onto a few copies until the 18th.
    Just because you can't play it doesn't mean there's no demand. Wii U preorders sold out in a few days, you still can't play it.

I can't see why the rules would change. YUou'd still only have 48 hours. It's a game being released, just because the console isn't out yet doesn't change the rules.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You also need to take into consideration that the Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers, which is important for Brawl.
    Why I got used to the classic controller...NOW ON THE NEW CONTROLLER THE POSITION OF THE BUTTONS AND STICKS ARE SWAPPED! Oh Smash 4, you cruel mistress but as long as you don't listen to the odd fans and are void of ponies as fighters and only have video game canon ones as stickers and trophies, I'll be happy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Why I got used to the classic controller...NOW ON THE NEW CONTROLLER THE POSITION OF THE BUTTONS AND STICKS ARE SWAPPED! Oh Smash 4, you cruel mistress but as long as you don't listen to the odd fans and are void of ponies as fighters and only have video game canon ones as stickers and trophies, I'll be happy.
    I use the Classic Controller as well, but a lot of friends that I play with will only use the GCN controller, and it's nice to have the option as well.

I use the Classic Controller as well, but a lot of friends that I play with will only use the GCN controller, and it's nice to have the option as well.
    Does the Wii U support classic controllers in some fashion though?

In the news, Miyamoto has been poking around at other game companies.

Does the Wii U support classic controllers in some fashion though?
    The Wii U supports Wii Remotes and Classic Controllers connect via the Remotes. It stands to reason that the Wii U will support Classic Controllers in some capacity, even if that's only for playing Wii-based software.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The Wii U supports Wii Remotes and Classic Controllers connect via the Remotes. It stands to reason that the Wii U will support Classic Controllers in some capacity, even if that's only for playing Wii-based software.
    Okay then, still no clue about standard Classic Controller for Wii U games then. Oh well, there's still time.

3DS-Wii U connectivity, anyone? Pokemon's a given but I'm hoping for Four Swords and Crystal Chronicles on the virtual console as the system only supports 2 pads at a time.

Okay then, still no clue about standard Classic Controller for Wii U games then.
    I suspect we will be very strongly encouraged, if not forced outright, to buy the Wii U Pro Controller if we want a more traditional controller for use with Wii U titles.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I suspect we will be very strongly encouraged, if not forced outright, to buy the Wii U Pro Controller if we want a more traditional controller for use with Wii U titles.
    Which I think is fine, it looks like a slick controller.

That battery life is pretty damn good too. I hope 3rd party models can hold up to that. Their controllers are usually better that the Nintendo ones in terms of appearance, price and function.

Just because you can't play it doesn't mean there's no demand. Wii U preorders sold out in a few days, you still can't play it.

I can't see why the rules would change. YUou'd still only have 48 hours. It's a game being released, just because the console isn't out yet doesn't change the rules.
    Yes, the demand is the same, but the demand to pick it up is not there since there's no way to play it. What I'm saying is that although the game is officially "out," not many people are going to actually go in and get it when they have no way to play it, and are simply going to wait to pick it up when they pick up the console.

Yes, the demand is the same, but the demand to pick it up is not there since there's no way to play it. What I'm saying is that although the game is officially "out," not many people are going to actually go in and get it when they have no way to play it, and are simply going to wait to pick it up when they pick up the console.
    I don't think that's going to be the case. The idea behind a pre-order is to get the game when it comes out, not when you get the console to play it on. If someone pre-ordered it, I'd imagine it's because they wanted it on launch day. Otherwise they could have just waited.

I don't think that's going to be the case. The idea behind a pre-order is to get the game when it comes out, not when you get the console to play it on. If someone pre-ordered it, I'd imagine it's because they wanted it on launch day. Otherwise they could have just waited.
    You know what I find odd? It's early November and people are already getting ready for Christmas.

You know what I find odd? It's early November and people are already getting ready for Christmas.
    That's not odd. It's them beating the rush.

It's like buying a turkey a month before Thanksgiving so you don't have to fight someone for it a few days before.

That's the polar opposite of "odd".

-----
    Words to|live by

You do realize this is a once in a console situation and they'll probably have a different set of rules for this? And besides, tons of people pre-ordered it before the release date was even announced, how did they know that Ubisoft would pull a retarded move like releasing the game before the console.

It's like this every year.

You do realize this is a once in a console situation and they'll probably have a different set of rules for this? And besides, tons of people pre-ordered it before the release date was even announced, how did they know that Ubisoft would pull a retarded move like releasing the game before the console.
    I really don't think they'll have different rules. Also, Ubi's move isn't retarded at all. This way if their first shipment sells out there will be time to get 1 or 2 more in before the console is released, so more people will be able to get their game and play it at the consoles launch.

Argh the trade in prices for Wii's are terrible near me, at most I can get 17% of what I originally paid for it. Guess I'll have to wait a while before I'll be able to buy a Wii U (If I do).
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

My local GameStop used to offer $90 flat for the Wii. After the price drop to $99 I have no idea what they'd give me now.

Page 60 of 177 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast