Page 62 of 176 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Seems fine, helps that you can use the GamePad to navigate it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I haven't been on these forums for months, but now I need to ask something.

I've been looking on the internet about certain games that use Wi-Fi and their save data can't be copied to an SD Card because of Wi-Fi reasons. I was going to trade in my Wii for a Wii U but I'm not sure if I should knowing that I can lose my save data. Is it possible to keep game data from games like Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, PBR, etc. by disabling Wi-Fi on these games (if possible) or is the data saved on the game disk by any chance? I don't want to lose hours of gameplay

Your only going to get like 40 $ for it so keep the wii

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Is it possible to keep game data from games like Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, PBR, etc. by disabling Wi-Fi on these games (if possible)
    Not possible.

or is the data saved on the game disk by any chance?
    Nothing is written to disc by any of these systems.

I don't want to lose hours of gameplay
    Keep your Wii, then, so that you can transfer over the important stuff via the system transfer utility.

And no, don't ask what that is or how to do it - we don't know beyond the basics yet.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

WHAT'S THIS?!

Also, apparently you can't save Wii U software onto a SD Card.

Unnecessary complaining and interesting fact aside, time for a fun fact!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Unsurprising, really.

And it's about time. As a method of storage for video game consoles, SD cards are terribly suited to the task.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I believe that mysterious connector is...for the mysterious Vitality Sensor!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    And it's about time. As a method of storage for video game consoles, SD cards are terribly suited to the task.
    So the only place we save our software is on to the internal hardrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    and external harddrives

You do realize that external storage exists besides SD cards, right?

The external hard drives would like to have a chat session with you.

I also need to correct you on the fact that they do not have internal hard drives. The have internal flash storage. Some may think I am nitpicking, well I'll have them know there is a very big difference between flash memory and hard disks.

Oh, semantics.

I also need to correct you on the fact that they do not have internal hard drives. The have internal flash storage. Some may think I am nitpicking, well I'll have them know there is a very big difference between flash memory and hard disks.
    So are we now essentially arguing whether or not you can be on a planet that has been blown up?

As for not being able to save software on an SD card, that makes sense. It doesn't make it harder to transfer downloads or anything, just gives us one less option, until it is revealed that normal external drives don't work the Wii U, and only officially licensed Wii U external flash drives are compatible with the console. At which point this entire thread throws a collective hissy fit, that continues until E3 and the first trailer for SSBD is revealed.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

For me, being able to buy the Wii U somewhere 2 years later (struggles due to college studies) or this upcming December 25th 9aka Christmas) is a great way for me to experiment with the possible gameplay mechanics I can apply to my Video Game Project. Possibly even build a new type of Video game genre hybrid of sorts.

One of many reasons I wanted to work in the Game industry.

So far, I am Impressed with the Wii U's functionality. Now all it needs would be the games and their mechanics
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    So are we now essentially arguing whether or not you can be on a planet that has been blown up?
    Precisely.

As for not being able to save software on an SD card, that makes sense. It doesn't make it harder to transfer downloads or anything, just gives us one less option, until it is revealed that normal external drives don't work the Wii U, and only officially licensed Wii U external flash drives are compatible with the console. At which point this entire thread throws a collective hissy fit, that continues until E3 and the first trailer for SSBD is revealed.

woot21 out dawgs
    Don't worry, they've already said any USB storage will work.

Precisely.
    Ok, just as long as the planet we are talking about isn't Earth, and so long as Earth hasn't come down with a case of the Explosions.

Don't worry, they've already said any USB storage will work.
    Yes, but that is only a lie to lull us into a false sense of security for when they patch the system via Wi-fi or an on disk update that causes the system to reject all non-Nintendo brand external storage.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

There's a new video out on Wii U's online functions. I'm pretty sure there's some new info in there, assuming you didn't watch the Japanese Nintendo Direct.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

So anyone know how long the line may be at Gamestop on Sunday? First time buying a console on launch day but preordered it but just want to know if anyone may have a guess on waiting time if they ever got a console on launch.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    So anyone know how long the line may be at Gamestop on Sunday? First time buying a console on launch day but preordered it but just want to know if anyone may have a guess on waiting time if they ever got a console on launch.
    Very long I would presume.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Very long I would presume.
    Was not sure if I should just see a movie in the morning and come back after the rush. Was expecting like a 15-30 min wait in the morning

Was not sure if I should just see a movie in the morning and come back after the rush. Was expecting like a 15-30 min wait in the morning
    Yeah, I doubt you'll see such a short wait until closing time or you can camp overnight, your pick.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Personally I can't wait to camp out for the Wii U tomorrow night. Camping out outside of Gamestop was my favorite thing about the Wii launch, got to meet so many people and just have fun.

So anyone know how long the line may be at Gamestop on Sunday?
    Buddy. Are we really to know how many people will be waiting in line at your local Gamestop?

It's a high-profile new product launch, yes, there will probably be a line to some degree. Beyond that, what are we really to tell you?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Buddy. Are we really to know how many people will be waiting in line at your local Gamestop?

It's a high-profile new product launch, yes, there will probably be a line to some degree. Beyond that, what are we really to tell you?
    No need to be rude it was just a question jees

Page 62 of 176 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast