Page 65 of 177 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Question for those who have a Wii U. Does the system have an ethernet port on it or is it like the Wii and the port is a separate component you have to order from Nintendo? I ask do to not having wifi with my internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Question for those who have a Wii U. Does the system have an ethernet port on it or is it like the Wii and the port is a separate component you have to order from Nintendo? I ask do to not having wifi with my internet.
    Nope, no ethernet.

Downloading the update now. Does anyone else's GamePad rattle when shaken? Mine's got a rattle on the right side, might have to take it apart and check it out.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope, no ethernet.

Downloading the update now. Does anyone else's GamePad rattle when shaken? Mine's got a rattle on the right side, might have to take it apart and check it out.
    I experienced a rattle with both my Wii U Deluxe set and the demo Wii U basic set at Best Buy. I don't think there's anything wrong. IIRC, he 3DS make a similar noise. Could it have something to do with the gyroscope?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle115 View Post
    I experienced a rattle with both my Wii U Deluxe set and the demo Wii U basic set at Best Buy. I don't think there's anything wrong. IIRC, he 3DS make a similar noise. Could it have something to do with the gyroscope?
    I did a Google search and some people suggested the same thing, someone also suggested the buttons, however the first thing I did was hold down all the face buttons and shake it and it still rattled. It works perfectly fine so I'm not too worried about it.

I've got it all updated now, so I'm about to finally use it for real.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Um I don't know how break this to you but Santa Claus isn't real, it has been big scam designed to trick children.
    And more importantly, to get their parents to spend lots of money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Thank goodness. I don't need the damn blue light pulsating in the middle of the night because of a message.
    Seconded.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The WiiU discs are really nice, very nice plastic and the rounded edges really seal the deal.

My NID is Hydrohs, anyone is free to add me if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    or is it like the Wii and the port is a separate component you have to order from Nintendo?
    The Wii's USB-to-LAN adapter will work for the same purpose with the Wii U.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And more importantly, to get their parents to spend lots of money on them.
    So true, and also, it feels kind of weird for someone to want an obese man in red to break into their house and leave gifts in exchange for cookies.

But all randomness out of the way, I'm just hoping that Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake they did with the Wii and try to overplay the new software mechanics (I saw the trailer for Arkham City: Armored Edition).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    OK, here's an important question for people who already have their Wii U. What games can't you transfer from the Wii to the Wii U?
    I'm also interested in this question.

From my understanding anything that is locked to the system won't transfer. This means no transferring SSBB or having to start over on the WiiU. Or did they fix that? I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow from preorder. My first game besides Nintendo Land prepackaged is Transformers Prime The Game. I gotta pick up the system from Nintendo World and the game from Gamestop. I hope the game isn't short. Until Nintendo start making download able preorder bonuses there's little need to preorder anything on the WiiU. I'll just get Batman when it's used. Not like I've finished the first one on my PS3 anyway.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 18th November 2012 at 8:11 PM.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Well, I never even considered it, and now I'm regretting it, that I didn't pre-order a Wii U. It's now on order, so I should be getting mine some time this week. Maybe the price will go down in that time?

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Well, I never even considered it, and now I'm regretting it, that I didn't pre-order a Wii U. It's now on order, so I should be getting mine some time this week. Maybe the price will go down in that time?
    Highly, highly unlikely.

This thing has more updating than a PS3. Everything I've tried to do has had to update.

The Wii-to-Wii U transfer animation is about as Nintendo as it can possibly be. I'm entertained.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    They've said they're trying to avoid dropping the price like they did with the 3DS, so don't count on it. Especially not with the demand as high as it is.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I have a question about the Wii U Deluxe bundle, if you don't mine me asking. Are they still going to be available after the launch? I'd like to get the Deluxe Bundle eventually because it comes with some extras that the Basic Bundle doesn't include. Also, for VC games, I guess you will have to use the Pro Controller to play them? I'd use a GameCube controller but that isn't compatible with the Wii U.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Are they still going to be available after the launch?
    One would assume so, but the actual launch Deluxe bundle with the digital purchase incentive is only for a limited time, though I don't know if we know how limited.

Also, for VC games, I guess you will have to use the Pro Controller to play them?
    I'm not 100% positive but I am nearly sure the Pro Controller is only for Wii U titles. The Wii U essentially becomes a Wii when playing Wii software - nothing from the Wii U side will register input. You'll need a Remote and/or Classic Controller.

-----
    Words to|live by

I have a question about the Wii U Deluxe bundle, if you don't mine me asking. Are they still going to be available after the launch? I'd like to get the Deluxe Bundle eventually because it comes with some extras that the Basic Bundle doesn't include.
    That would be a dick move if they cancelled the Deluxe bundle after a certain point. Especially when it comes to memory space. 32 GB is bad enough, 8 GB is just horrendous. After all the formatting and stuff you have to do with the console, you have little to nothing left for downloadable games or anything, defeating the purpose of having it in the first place. Their handling of the memory space is quite possibly one of the dumbest decisions they've made for this console, it's like they have no concept of what constitutes a reasonable amount of memory space.

That would be a dick move if they cancelled the Deluxe bundle after a certain point. Especially when it comes to memory space. 32 GB is bad enough, 8 GB is just horrendous. After all the formatting and stuff you have to do with the console, you have little to nothing left for downloadable games or anything, defeating the purpose of having it in the first place. Their handling of the memory space is quite possibly one of the dumbest decisions they've made for this console, it's like they have no concept of what constitutes a reasonable amount of memory space.
    You're just flat out wrong. They offered a cheaper alternative. It's damn easy to upgrade the storage if you need to, or if you're a person not interested in downloading a lot of games you save yourself 50 bucks.

The base 360 bundle includes 4GB of memory. And you know what, that's perfectly reasonable. Doubling that would only make it better, no?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    One would assume so, but the actual launch Deluxe bundle with the digital purchase incentive is only for a limited time, though I don't know if we know how limited.
    Wasn't it confirmed it would last until the end of 2014?
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You're just flat out wrong. They offered a cheaper alternative. It's damn easy to upgrade the storage if you need to, or if you're a person not interested in downloading a lot of games you save yourself 50 bucks.

The base 360 bundle includes 4GB of memory. And you know what, that's perfectly reasonable. Doubling that would only make it better, no?
    Which leads me to my next point about the memory, why isn't Nintendo selling bigger hard drives? Seems like a missed opportunity for them to make some more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    For the digital purchase deal? That's awfully generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    According to this, there are like three dates for the benefits.

1) Earn Points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.

2) Exchange points for Nintendo eShop credit by March 2015.

3) Activation codes earned from the Deluxe Digital Promotion must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015.

So, if we were to believe that it would be weird that the Deluxe version stopped like in 2013, we can assume that it wouldn't be the case. Therefore, right before or after June 2015 would be points in time where it would PROBABLY stop selling, but I don't think that will happen.

Which leads me to my next point about the memory, why isn't Nintendo selling bigger hard drives? Seems like a missed opportunity for them to make some more money.
    Because they make games, like they've been doing for over a century. I don't think Nintendo have ever released data storage of any kind.
    Anyway, data storage methods are dirt-cheap these days and they're everywhere. As a consumer you shouldn't have much trouble getting space for your games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    According to this, there are like three dates for the benefits.

1) Earn Points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.

2) Exchange points for Nintendo eShop credit by March 2015.

3) Activation codes earned from the Deluxe Digital Promotion must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015.
    That's convenient. If the offer's available that long, I'll probably take it, there's bound to be something good out on the console by then.

I'm having a little problem, I just got the Wii U and I'm trying to do a system update, but every time I try to, it only downloads a small bit of data, then it stops and shows this error code: 108-0065. Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I'm having a little problem, I just got the Wii U and I'm trying to do a system update, but every time I try to, it only downloads a small bit of data, then it stops and shows this error code: 108-0065. Can someone help me?
    There servers are overloaded right now, you can either keep trying or just skip it and do it later. I have yet to be able to connect to Miiverse for the same reason.

Page 65 of 177 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast