Page 67 of 175 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

More exasperated than confused. Like, "really, people? This is what we're going to call a 'launch day problem'?"

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    More exasperated than confused. Like, "really, people? This is what we're going to call a 'launch day problem'?"
    Kind of makes you wonder who should be blamed; the people that left the defect there or the people that lacked the patience or common sense to leave the system on while it was uploading, even when they are constantly warned NOT to turn the system off mid-upload.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder who should be blamed; the people that left the defect there or the people that lacked the patience or common sense to leave the system on while it was uploading, even when they are constantly warned NOT to turn the system off mid-upload.
    I think we all know who's at fault for this one.
    What surprises me the most is that you all continue to expect common sense from the people posting these stories on the internet.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

It's not always the persons fault. It could be that they have some shitty internet connection.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Zomg they got George Takei for a commercial

You know, we need a thread listing our NIDs. If only there was a subforum for that type of thing.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You know, we need a thread listing our NIDs. If only there was a subforum for that type of thing.

woot21 out dawgs
    If you (or someone else) wants to make a Nintendo Network ID topic in the Wifi connection subforum, go right ahead. Just let me know when you do so I can sticky it.

Edit: BCVM22 you are super fast lol
    Last edited by Kirby; 20th November 2012 at 5:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Edit: BCVM22 you are super fast lol
    I do what I can.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...work-ID-Thread

-----
    Words to|live by

I hope someone makes a Yugioh game. I can see it now. The gamepad is the duel disk and the monsters appear in HD on the tv. People owuld eat that up if it had wifi multiplayer

Haven't played YGO in years, and yeah. I'd be all over that.

Hey guys, I've got a question. When you transfer your data from your Wii to your Wii U, do you have to move everything? Or can I, say, move some of my games to my SD card manually, then transfer those, leaving the rest on my Wii?

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

The utility will transfer everything in the Wii's internal memory. If there's something you don't want sent over, then yes, hide it from the utility on a separate SD card.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The utility will transfer everything in the Wii's internal memory. If there's something you don't want sent over, then yes, hide it from the utility on a separate SD card.
    Wow, you're scary fast.

Good to know, thanks!

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Wii U's internet is beast. BVCM22 work your magic and crack 25 servers overnight so by the time I wake up tommorow most of the internet is coded in HTML5 kuhuhuhuhuhuhu!

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    Good to know, thanks!
    I should note that even if you do this with Virtual Console and WiiWare titles - shift them off of the internal memory to an SD card and then back - they won't play on your Wii post-transfer, since the information unique to your Wii that authorizes the games to play on the system on which they were purchased (i.e. yours) is included in the data that gets transferred, so that your Wii U will be permitted to play them.

Your Wii will basically be left a blank slate, as if you had formatted its system memory. You can start new stuff on it without issue, but your old stuff and your ability to play your old stuff will be gone.

For the sake of reference, if you have any Virtual Console/WiiWare titles on an SD card that weren't on your Wii due to memory space issues, you can redownload them from the Wii Shop Channel as recreated in the Wii Mode on the Wii U - your purchase history (and authorization to redownload) is transferred over. If you have save data from any of these digital titles, make sure that gets sent over in the system transfer, even if the game doesn't - when you redownload the game on the Wii U, it will pick up the save data without issue, as if you had paired an existing save file from a retail game with a new game disc.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 20th November 2012 at 8:15 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

It may be worth noting that save data for Wii games made on a Wii U in Wii mode can be transferred to a normal Wii with an SD card and vice-versa.

The only game I can think of that this would matter for is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, but there you go.

It's not a defect.

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    It's not always the persons fault. It could be that they have some shitty internet connection.
    Your internet connection would not turn off your console.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Haven't played YGO in years, and yeah. I'd be all over that.
    Me too, that'd be sweet.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Query, what's the maximum number of Nintendo Network IDs you can have?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    12 IDs, I believe.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 20th November 2012 at 6:00 PM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    12 on one console, with up to 100 friends. So, in theory you could have 1200 friends, if you wanted, and could keep track of which NID is friends with who.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Honestly, I trust the opinion of someone I can communicate with (like on here) than from something like IGN, which seems too distant (or something).
    Its an excellent game, you'll get scared shitless, its survival horror so it wont play as resident evil. Use your flares but conserve everything else. I give it an 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    I hope someone makes a Yugioh game. I can see it now. The gamepad is the duel disk and the monsters appear in HD on the tv. People owuld eat that up if it had wifi multiplayer
    Want.

Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Can the gamepad be used like a motorcycle wheel as well?

It may be worth noting that save data for Wii games made on a Wii U in Wii mode can be transferred to a normal Wii with an SD card and vice-versa.

The only game I can think of that this would matter for is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, but there you go.
    There is also the North American version of Tales of Symphonia: DotNW that allows you to get extra items if you connect to a clear file of the original GCN game.

My Wii U froze once when I attempted to play Octopus Dance on Nintendo Land. I had no choice but to eject the power source, but thankfully, nothing happened to my system's data. I called Nintendo, and they said a future update may fix that kind of problem from occurring.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Wii U needs a Star Fox game. Then I'd buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Wii U needs a Star Fox game. Then I'd buy one.
    It needs more game, preferably not ports, and a price drop. Then I would buy one.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 67 of 175 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast