Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    but I fail to see what's wrong with a 3D RPG game on the Wii
    It's a franchise driven by a series of handheld core titles. You're never going to see a full core entry on a console title, and again, judging by the fact that Colosseum and XD haven't been followed up on and have been swept under the rug, it doesn't bode well for future watered-down attempts either.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 21st November 2012 at 7:23 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Because the Pokémon series is primarily a hand held game and Game Freak aren't willing to do that and why would they when they know they could easily sell of the same games on the hand held.

They can't do that on the home console.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's a franchise driven by a series of handheld core titles. You're never going to see a full core entry on a console title, and again, judging by the fact that Colosseum and XD haven't been followed up on and have been swept under the rug, it doesn't bode well for future watered-down attempts either.
    That doesn't mean every main game has to be a handheld game, though, I'm fine with having 3 handheld games and 1 console game or something like that. Home console games have their advantages too. There's more potential for exploration, allowing them to create richer and more complex areas, plus you still play with friends in person and online. Yeah, you are losing the portability that Pokemon games typically have, but that is not the end all be all for the franchise, and there's definitely a market out there for people who want a Pokemon adventure on the big screen. As long as they can deliver a game that can serve as both a supplement for those who have the main games and an independent adventure for those who don't, it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Indeed that would be fun^

That doesn't mean every main game has to be a handheld game, though
    By definition, that's exactly what it means. You will never see a core title - I'm not talking about spinoffs, I'm not talking about games with elements of the core titles, I'm talking about a dead red, center cut core title of the sort we get every few years - for a console.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well we could have a SMT-esque kind of spin off? To go in tandem with the next 3DS games maybe?

By definition, that's exactly what it means. You will never see a core title - I'm not talking about spinoffs, I'm not talking about games with elements of the core titles, I'm talking about a dead red, center cut core title of the sort we get every few years - for a console.
    That's a very shallow definition, then. In terms of gameplay, I'd say Colosseum and XD are close enough, there is very little difference between those two and the main games.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Well we could have a SMT-esque kind of spin off? To go in tandem with the next 3DS games maybe?
    What's SMT?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

In terms of gameplay, I'd say Colosseum and XD are close enough, there is very little difference between those two and the main games
    In terms of the basest gameplay, perhaps, but Colosseum and XD lack just about everything else that defines the core titles. And again (again again), judging by the fact that not a single thing has been done with the concept since the GameCube titles, that doesn't indicate that they have any strong inclinations to revive the concept.

-----
    Words to|live by

In terms of the basest gameplay, perhaps, but Colosseum and XD lack just about everything else that defines the core titles.
    Not so much. The only significant changes to the core gameplay are the methods in which you catch Pokemon (usually by snagging them from other trainers), and than most battles are Double Battles. Aside from that, they're not really missing anything that important to the core titles.

And again (again again), judging by the fact that not a single thing has been done with the concept since the GameCube titles, that doesn't indicate that they have any strong inclinations to revive the concept.
    That's too bad then, because it's a great idea and one that should be expanded on. And you never know, just because they skipped a generation doesn't mean they won't come back to it. Since they seem to be in an experimental phase right now, it's possible that they could come back to it, but will they? That's a more difficult question.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st November 2012 at 8:30 PM.

That's a very shallow definition, then. In terms of gameplay, I'd say Colosseum and XD are close enough, there is very little difference between those two and the main games.

What's SMT?
    Shim Megami Tensei. Yeah we dont need shadow pokemon anymore. They could keep up with the whole Pokemon researcher thing though.

That's too bad then
    Not really.

because it's a great idea and one that should be expanded on.
    And not really. Go play one of the handhelds if you need a core experience that badly.

-----
    Words to|live by

Shim Megami Tensei.
    *Googles* Ah. I still don't see what you're getting at, it's already quite similar to Pokemon.

Yeah we dont need shadow pokemon anymore. They could keep up with the whole Pokemon researcher thing though.
    I like Shadow Pokemon, actually, but I don't think they should be our primary source of Pokemon, though. I was thinking somewhere in between Colosseum/XD and the main games. The storyline would be more focused on defeating the evil team, but there'd also be times for fighting and catching wild Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotic Wind View Post
    Well to avoid numbers just call it "Pokemon Stadium U-nova
    Bad yet clever puns; I love them.

Posted using the Wii U's Internet browser and boy, is it fast!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Anyone else buy ZombiU? Been loving it so far.
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

Quote Originally Posted by theswweet View Post
    Anyone else buy ZombiU? Been loving it so far.
    Thanks to Kotaku, I've seen comments about people dissing IGN's review...through the WaraWara Plaza itself.

Kind of hilarious the mods let people say that. Nice.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Thanks to Kotaku, I've seen comments about people dissing IGN's review...through the WaraWara Plaza itself.

Kind of hilarious the mods let people say that. Nice.
    I love the people posting stuff like, "Where's the Wii U Zelda?" or "Where's the Pokemon mini-game" under Nintendoland.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I love the people posting stuff like, "Where's the Wii U Zelda?" or "Where's the Pokemon mini-game" under Nintendoland.

woot21 out dawgs
    So it's basically like Serebii forums but in console form.... Well that's really crappy. -_-

Wait can you even turn Miiverse off?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Those are actually really good questions.

I'm going to be enjoying the plaza once I get my console.

Oh, hush, you.

No it's not.

Those question asked could be easily be solve if the people asking actually used some common sense and applied logical thinking as I will demonstrate.

The Wii U Zelda is in development and will probably be released either in middle of the Wii U life cycle or near the end.

As for the Pokémon mini-game in Nintendo land, why put a small pokémon theme in a game when Nintendo can charge you full price for a full Pokémon land game that has mini-games.

See I answered that in 2 seconds flat by using logical thinking, those people should try it sometime and we could avoid pointless question being asked.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

The Wii U Zelda is in development and will probably be released either in middle of the Wii U life cycle or near the end.
    Saying "it's in development" doesn't really answer anything. Most of us know that these games aren't ready yet, if they were, we'd know something about them. The question is, why do we not even know anything about them? The Wii U is currently lacking in big titles that would help sell the console, people are right to question their absence.

As for the Pokémon mini-game in Nintendo land, why put a small pokémon theme in a game when Nintendo can charge you full price for a full Pokémon land game that has mini-games.
    So? You could say the same thing about Mario themed mini-games and Mario Party, but that doesn't stop them. This is a game for all Nintendo franchises, Pokemon included. Its absence is quite saddening.

Saying "it's in development" doesn't really answer anything. Most of us know that these games aren't ready yet, if they were, we'd know something about them. The question is, why do we not even know anything about them? The Wii U is currently lacking in big titles that would help sell the console, people are right to question their absence.
    They're not releasing a single game of each franchise each year. Also, Skyward Sword came out A YEAR AGO. When have you ever heard of a big Zelda game coming out right after one?

You need to seriously expand your horizons. There are launch games. Enjoy those while others come down the line.

They're not releasing a single game of each franchise each year.
    Do you really think I'm that stupid to think that? No, I understand that we're not going to get everything at once, all of the time. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least one good game in the bunch, preferably one from one of Nintendo's bigger franchises, that can really wow people and show them what the Wii U can really do.

You need to seriously expand your horizons. There are launch games. Enjoy those while others come down the line.
    I've seen the launch games, and they're nothing to write home about.

Because a good magician never show all his trick, he always leave them wanting more.

Game can delayed, change in development, get stuck in development hell or cancelled.

Let use Sony The Last Guardian as an example, we knew about the game in 2009, it's now 2012 and we still know nothing about the game nor do we know if the game will never get released.

Now imagine that the same thing happens with the Wii U Zelda not only will customer will loose faith in Nintendo but it could have a knock back potential on Nintendo and the Zelda series.

Furthermore by keeping quiet Nintendo can just work on the game and show it off when it is ready.

So those people who are insecure need to stop asking and trust that Nintendo will deliver.

So? You could say the same thing about Mario themed mini-games and Mario Party, but that doesn't stop them. This is a game for all Nintendo franchises, Pokemon included. Its absence is quite saddening.
    Unlike Pokémon the Mario series is Nintendo mascot so he had to be in the game, Pokémon doesn't.

Furthermore I don't recall seeing an Ice Climber themed mini-game in Nintendo land so it becomes clear that not all Nintendo series are in Nintendo Land, which suggest that Nintendo might have plans to make a Nintendo Land 2 where it's likely that we will get a pokémon theme mini game.

^ Best post ever.

Because a good magician never show all his trick, he always leave them wanting more.

Game can delayed, change in development, get stuck in development hell or cancelled.

Let use Sony The Last Guardian as an example, we knew about the game in 2009, it's now 2012 and we still know nothing about the game nor do we know if the game will never get released.

Now imagine that the same thing happens with the Wii U Zelda not only will customer will loose faith in Nintendo but it could have a knock back potential on Nintendo and the Zelda series.

Furthermore by keeping quiet Nintendo can just work on the game and show it off when it is ready.

So those people who are insecure need to stop asking and trust that Nintendo will deliver.
    Well the point remains that they should've had something better planned for the Wii U launch. Again, it's fine if they want to keep some of their better ideas for later, but that only works if you have something to get them hooked in the first place, and so far there's nothing.

The Wii U launch lineup is fine. You have a Mario game, you have a new Nintendo game designed to show off the controls and then you have a number of very key third-party games. Yes, Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 aren't new games, but Assassin's Creed III and CoD: Black Ops II are, and make no mistake, having games like that at launch is huge.

If none of those do anything for you, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a bad lineup at all. Complaining at launch that we don't know everything Nintendo has planned is equivalent to complaining that you don't know what you're having for lunch next Friday.

And are we really complaining that there's no Pokémon in Nintendoland? Kirby's missing. No Star Fox. Fire Emblem absent. Perhaps we can conclude that no, not everything under the Nintendo sun is represented?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 22nd November 2012 at 2:21 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast