Page 71 of 177 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The Wii U launch lineup is fine. You have a Mario game, you have a new Nintendo game designed to show off the controls and then you have a number of very key third-party games. Yes, Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 aren't new games, but Assassin's Creed III and CoD: Black Ops II are, and make no mistake, having games like that at launch is huge.

If none of those do anything for you, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a bad lineup at all. Complaining at launch that we don't know everything Nintendo has planned is equivalent to complaining that you don't know what you're having for lunch next Friday.
    In all honesty, I'm glad the launch was smaller. My poor wallet..."It's okay buddy, it's okay. Christmas is just around the corner."

Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to get Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends. To boot, I still have a bunch of games for my 3DS that I need to finish plus there's the Last Story. I know this might sound odd but thank God for delays.

And are we really complaining that there's no Pokémon in Nintendoland? Kirby's missing. No Star Fox. Fire Emblem absent. Perhaps we can conclude that no, not everything under the Nintendo sun is represented?
    Agreed, just let it slide. Certain franchises not being there don't take away from the core experience and that's what matters the most.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

What the hell would they do for a Pokemon game in nintendoland anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Turn the players into wild Pokemon while having the Gamepad dude throw rocks and bait at them. Maybe make a Safari game out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    That kid over there.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Turn the players into wild Pokemon while having the Gamepad dude throw rocks and bait at them. Maybe make a Safari game out of it.
    A safari game could have worked but let's drop the topic now.

And are we really complaining that there's no Pokémon in Nintendoland? Kirby's missing. No Star Fox. Fire Emblem absent. Perhaps we can conclude that no, not everything under the Nintendo sun is represented?
    Really? What the hell Nintendo. I mean, I understand that you can't fit every Nintendo franchise in, but Kirby and Pokemon are pretty major ones, so you'd think they'd get representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Really? What the hell Nintendo. I mean, I understand that you can't fit every Nintendo franchise in, but Kirby and Pokemon are pretty major ones, so you'd think they'd get representation.
    Please, let's stop arguing!

so you'd think they'd get representation.
    Or you could realize that the intent clearly wasn't to represent every franchise and move on.

Either way.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Alright, dude. I think it's time to say this: Put a lid on it and enjoy what we have.

I certainly am not disappointed at all, to be honest. Is anybody here FEELING the same as Bolt the Cat?

I certainly am not disappointed at all, to be honest. Is anybody here FEELING the same as Bolt the Cat?
    No.

Please, let's drop the topic that a certain franchise isn't in Nintendo Land and just wait patiently for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Or you could realize that the intent clearly wasn't to represent every franchise and move on.

Either way.
    I understand that. But if they're going to do something that includes different Nintendo franchises, they should at least hit all of the major ones. Evidently they did not with this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I understand that. But if they're going to do something that includes different Nintendo franchises, they should at least hit all of the major ones. Evidently they did not with this game.
    F-Zero got a nod.

There's your hope.

Alright, dude. I think it's time to say this: Put a lid on it and enjoy what we have.

I'm not impressed with the launch myself, none of the launch titles are really all that interesting to me. However, I'm not complaining for the following reason;

I grew up constantly hearing my father asking me the following: "What's the song?"

He was referring to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGrkNu6mDg

Words to live by.

The launch titles are good, there's a good variety and they're all good games. Nintendo Land is the same way. Just because it's not to my taste doesn't change that fact, it's impossible to please everyone.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

On a considerably more productive note, the YouTube, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus apps are all live and functioning.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I really dislike the Youtube app. Too much crap on the TV, barely anything on the gamepad.

On a considerably more productive note, the YouTube, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus apps are all live and functioning.
    I like the Youtube app, but I downloaded it into my Wii. Even then, the video resolution is pretty high.

^ Which makes no sense considering you can just go on the internet on the Wii U and watch them in HD on the gameppad

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ^ Which makes no sense considering you can just go on the internet on the Wii U and watch them in HD on the gameppad
    Keyword: Wii. There's no "U" in there.

Also, I thought it was established that the Gamepad EMULATES HD graphics, meaning it's not HD?

Your tv is HD right?

Heh, just use the YouTube browser site instead of their poor excuse of a Wii U app.
    Last edited by Asrialys; 22nd November 2012 at 5:58 PM.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Your tv is HD right?
    Yes, but that does not have to do with what I said.

Well its connected to the TV so you are still getting the effect sent by the signal displayed in the manner so that it looks HD.

Well its connected to the TV so you are still getting the effect sent by the signal displayed in the manner so that it looks HD.
    What. The Wii can't display in HD, having it hooked up to an HD TV while watching an HD video wont change that. You're still only getting 480p, which doesn't look HD at all, except maybe on small TV sets.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Of course not, its not even upscaled. Thie Wii is irrelevant. But the reason why you can keep up 60 Fps on the game pad is the same reason the graphics on it appear HD.

Of course not, its not even upscaled. Thie Wii is irrelevant. But the reason why you can keep up 60 Fps on the game pad is the same reason the graphics on it appear HD.
    I think... you're talking about something completely different from the rest of us. AuraChanneler was talking about his Wii. Not the WiiU at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think... you're talking about something completely different from the rest of us. AuraChanneler was talking about his Wii. Not the WiiU at all.
    Uh...

Also, I thought it was established that the Gamepad EMULATES HD graphics, meaning it's not HD?
    There you go. I don't think the Wii has a Gamepad.

So, to reiterate, doesn't the Gamepad EMULATE HD graphics, meaning it's not HD?

Page 71 of 177 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast